Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 Our common African heritage
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2006 :  23:38:43  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sister Omega

Santafara your assertation is unsubstantiated to say that a lot of Jamaicans hate Africans for what was done to our ancestors. Let's not forget that we share a common DNA therefore our African Ancestor could also be related to yours.

Peace

Sister Omega

Sister omega ,i have lived in england for some time now but hardly do i get a jamiacan who is friendly to me after finding out my african heritage. i agree we are all one people but remember the colonial masters absolve them of all blame in the horrible expedition.many caribean people hold that version that it the africans fault. never the less there are so many nice nad friendly jamiacans may be am not yet lucky to met them. i only have one friend a former reggae super star.he is currently in the gambia..
i am sorry for offending about the slave house issue, i didn't think it is very important to debate but that is my opinion.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  13:08:35  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Santafara divide and rule with the gun rum and the bible were tools to rule us all and make us fools. Once Africans know the deceptions that have been used to divide us. That we are a products of what we were and the positive accomplishments we have contributed to the world. Then the gap between Africans will be bridged. The first steps come with awareness, a lot of the African Diaspora's ignorance is because they don't know about African History and have been disconnected from their African Ancestory but once they overstand that their ancestors DNA is still encoded and therefore are still connected to them even though they may not know their names. The focus is more about a collective African Heritage providing a road map for African Unity to address the capacity building of our people, nations and continent.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2006 :  21:20:44  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:

Santafara divide and rule with the gun rum and the bible were tools to rule us all and make us fools. Once Africans know the deceptions that have been used to divide us. That we are a products of what we were and the positive accomplishments we have contributed to the world. Then the gap between Africans will be bridged. The first steps come with awareness, a lot of the African Diaspora's ignorance is because they don't know about African History and have been disconnected from their African Ancestory but once they overstand that their ancestors DNA is still encoded and therefore are still connected to them even though they may not know their names. The focus is more about a collective African Heritage providing a road map for African Unity to address the capacity building of our people, nations and continent.

Peace

Sister Omega

YOU ARE TOP LADY SISTER.that will be a bench mark to start from.god bless. power to our unity.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  08:15:19  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
In what way did the bible make fools of people? I can see that people would be foolish with weapons and drink, but the bible?

Neither christianity or islam are the truth faith of Africa. If you want to go to African roots then you should be animist and believe in the witch doctors and so on.

Religion has always been used as a tool to control people, especially poor, uneducated people. The more education countries have the less people rely on religion and superstition. ALso the less they blindly follow whoever is leading their country.

Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  12:06:58  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
On the contrary bev Ethiopia built its church in the 1st Century AD, all the prophets were of African Origin Moses was Black, the Queen of Sheba was Ethiopian, Solomon was not European the Bible was whitewashed. That's what I mean about the Bible was used to fool people and used as a tool for racism. I agree with you that religion has been used to control people of all races. Islam recognised that the line of the Phrophets came from the African race expect for Mohammed who was Arab. He himself was suckled by an African woman.

The first pictoral evidence of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ is that of a Black Madonna and Christ. She is still the patron saint of Poland (Santa Maria) and its Holiest Shrine since 1324. The rituals of genuis are African Egypt was and always has been a part of African long before the Arabs came. Although today the descendants of the Ancient Egyptians have migrated to West and East Africa. The first Jews were African and so on.

The Europeans only played part in the New Testament with the Romans and even within the Roman Empire Africans played their part. The biggest flaw of the Bible is that it has been used as a propaganda tool to justify the dehumanisation of African people by claiming that African people were cursed people. This was justified throught the abominal crime of Chattel slavery, Congo and Aparthied, as well as the dehumanising other races like the Amerindians. To steal physical resources and also used to brainwash the poor of European States by using the story of Christ to manipulate and expliot people.

The Arabs have also applied the Q'uran to mainpulate and exploit illiterate people but they have always admitted that the line of the prophets originate from Ham which represents the African race. If it Africa which gave refuge to muslims and the first convert of Islam was Bilhal and Ethiopia, and Islam was able to thrive in Africa before it took hold in the Middle East. Out of 53 African countries 23 are Muslim today. Another tool used by European powers has been the deliberate distortion of Geography, by trying to displace Africa from the religious map at the beginning of the 20th Century Egypt and Israrel were one landmass until the British built the Suez canal, In fact the orginal Saudi royal family was not Turkish in origin. From the caost of Egypt to the horn of Somalia the distance between Afica and the Middle East is much nearer than the Holy lands and Southern or Northern Europe. So it makes logical sense that Africa played a bigger part in the Old Testament than we have been lead to believe. The Ethiopia Bible is oldrer than the King's James Bible or the Dutch Bible.

I'll halt here

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  18:07:32  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:

On the contrary bev Ethiopia built its church in the 1st Century AD, all the prophets were of African Origin Moses was Black, the Queen of Sheba was Ethiopian, Solomon was not European the Bible was whitewashed. That's what I mean about the Bible was used to fool people and used as a tool for racism. I agree with you that religion has been used to control people of all races. Islam recognised that the line of the Phrophets came from the African race expect for Mohammed who was Arab. He himself was suckled by an African woman.

The first pictoral evidence of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ is that of a Black Madonna and Christ. She is still the patron saint of Poland (Santa Maria) and its Holiest Shrine since 1324. The rituals of genuis are African Egypt was and always has been a part of African long before the Arabs came. Although today the descendants of the Ancient Egyptians have migrated to West and East Africa. The first Jews were African and so on.

The Europeans only played part in the New Testament with the Romans and even within the Roman Empire Africans played their part. The biggest flaw of the Bible is that it has been used as a propaganda tool to justify the dehumanisation of African people by claiming that African people were cursed people. This was justified throught the abominal crime of Chattel slavery, Congo and Aparthied, as well as the dehumanising other races like the Amerindians. To steal physical resources and also used to brainwash the poor of European States by using the story of Christ to manipulate and expliot people.

The Arabs have also applied the Q'uran to mainpulate and exploit illiterate people but they have always admitted that the line of the prophets originate from Ham which represents the African race. If it Africa which gave refuge to muslims and the first convert of Islam was Bilhal and Ethiopia, and Islam was able to thrive in Africa before it took hold in the Middle East. Out of 53 African countries 23 are Muslim today. Another tool used by European powers has been the deliberate distortion of Geography, by trying to displace Africa from the religious map at the beginning of the 20th Century Egypt and Israrel were one landmass until the British built the Suez canal, In fact the orginal Saudi royal family was not Turkish in origin. From the caost of Egypt to the horn of Somalia the distance between Afica and the Middle East is much nearer than the Holy lands and Southern or Northern Europe. So it makes logical sense that Africa played a bigger part in the Old Testament than we have been lead to believe. The Ethiopia Bible is oldrer than the King's James Bible or the Dutch Bible.

I'll halt here

Peace

Sister Omega

Sister, i agree with most of your posting. Africa unfortunately is seen as the land of the devil who need the lords message. Little did they realise, the old testament played it self in Africa. Moses grew up in Africa, gathererd strength there and freed his people.

King Solomon married Queen sheba, the Queen of Ethiopia and had a son called Menelik. Haile Sallasi is a direct descendant of King solomon. Many such people emigrated to the Holy Land and infact the church of Ethiopia, holds the keys to one of the holiest Churches in the Holyland in recognition of their role in early christianity. Ethiopia is the only country with a 13 month calender year.

I also stop here
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  18:26:21  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Very true Kondorong. In fact the earliest name given to Africa as a whole was Aethiopia by the Greeks, so Africa's presence in the Bible is not just limited to Ethiopia today former Abysinnia.

Peace Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega

Edited by - Sister Omega on 07 Dec 2006 18:30:32
Go to Top of Page

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  18:56:17  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
quote:

Very true Kondorong. In fact the earliest name given to Africa as a whole was Aethiopia by the Greeks, so Africa's presence in the Bible is not just limited to Ethiopia today former Abysinnia.

Peace Sister Omega

Noff respect to Sis and Konds for the powerful lecture. Yearning for more. As an adult history student am thirsty

madiss

Edited by - MADIBA on 07 Dec 2006 18:56:42
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  19:23:51  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
It is even rumoured and strongly believed that the flying carpet of King solomon is now in Ethiopia as a gift to his son menelike.

There are many accounts in Etghiopian history and that of Egypt of a flying carpet en route to Ethiopia around the same time Menelike left Israel for Abbysinia.

In addition, the Ark of the Covenant is also believed to be in Ethiopia and that was why the Italians tried to conquer Ethiopia many times. Some believe it might have been taken away to Rome. Your guess is as good as mine.

The Ark of the Covenant was the MANNA from Heaven which the people of the Holy Land used to have food from. It was thought to have been a gift to Queen Sheba.

Ethiopian history recorded in Gebre.... Cant remember the full name)has accounts of a flying carpet. Infact after the formation of the state of Israel in 1948, many descendats of Solomon and Sheba in Ethiopia migrated to the Holy Land. This group is known as BETA ISRAEL or FALASHA.

The operations of their leaving was called many names such as "Operation Flying Carpet," "Operation Moses," "Operation Solomon," and "Operation Sheba." in recognition of the historical flying carpet of Solomon as a Gift.

Queen Sheba was also called Shaba, or Makeda of Ethiopian Epic, Kebra Negast.
Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  20:22:34  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
Chritians they may be, but Ethiopians were/are always Africans first. the Prophet of Islam, Mohamed whilst being persecuted in arabia for his beliefs, sent his kinfolk to Ethiopia as the only safe place where they were offered refuge. they were offered food, shelter and guaranteed security.

Go to Top of Page

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  20:27:34  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
I cant help it as am laughing so much Of this so called flying Carpet.hope Gambia will have one call THE GAMBIA FLYING CARPET AIRWAYS.

There is no god but Allah
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  20:57:57  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
If you are a farmer, you will know this name around this time of the year: SULAYMAN BUN DAWDA BUN DAWDA.

When is it said and for what reason. It has something to do with the flying carpet. Gambian farmers call this phrase especially in December and January.
Go to Top of Page

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  21:08:34  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kondorong

If you are a farmer, you will know this name around this time of the year: SULAYMAN BUN DAWDA BUN DAWDA.

When is it said and for what reason. It has something to do with the flying carpet. Gambian farmers call this phrase especially in December and January.

Nostalgic Konds. Wats that Y-shaped stump that is stood on wen wind threshing groundnuts on the farms? I can remember wen as children all we can do on the farms is to 'scavenge' after the groundnuts have been uprooted. if you know wat i mean.I often heard the grown-ups refering to calling sulayman. Never knew at that time that reference was made to King Solomon

madiss

Edited by - MADIBA on 07 Dec 2006 21:16:46
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  21:20:44  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
Its because of the believe that Solomon was in control of wind and commands it to fly his carpet, Gambian farmers call his name: SULAYMAN BUN DAWDA(Solomon descendant of David)so that they can have wind to seperate the peanuts from the hay by raising baskets full of the mixture.
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  21:51:01  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
Sorry, instead of saying Africa in my posting, I should have said west africa, Egypt is a fascinating country with a wonderful history.

I believe that all 'religion' and 'history' is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT. It is not an absolute. It depends whose eyes it is seen through and who does the RECORDING of it.

It is best to consider all religions and then make up your own free mind. MOST educated and well informed people are not blindly accepting of religion. Likewise ALL history should be read with half a mind to who did the recording of the events.
Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2006 :  22:55:36  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
that is true. what is African in the eyes of the outside world takes different meanings with time.

A good example is Othello. he has taken different shades over time.

Another example is Saint Maurice. Several European cities, have him as their patron saint. like the German city of Coburg which has Saint Maurice as an african as its emblem/coat of arms or the famous rich spot, St. Moritz in switzerland named after him.

like wise those who record the history are influenced by the times and standards they live in, such as artist or painters.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06