Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 UDP/UK Responds to Halifa's Press Statements
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2010 :  22:13:03  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
The statement did not use the word ''apparant'' but ''clear''. When we say clear, we mean authoritatively. So use your brain to figure out what that means. Oh! I forgot; You haven't got none of that. What a shame.

I think I have now being so kind. Rest my case no in pertpetuity.

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2010 :  22:41:15  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
How to win friends and influence people,Get a little help and advice here by reading the quote in big letters,don't know what the rest of the page is about,and no, I havn't read the book ! :

http://evans-amsri.blogspot.com/2010/04/win-friends-and-influence-people.html

Everyone will find this very useful in their lives.Go on have a read of the quotation.,

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 06 Aug 2010 01:03:11
Go to Top of Page

terangba

Egypt
225 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2010 :  23:00:55  Show Profile Send terangba a Private Message
APRC is going to win the 2011 election without any credible challenge. Stop wasting your time and energy arguing UDP this PDOIS that. Individually none of these opposition parties can defeat APRC. Unless and until the opposition learns to put the interest of the country first Gambian’s will VOTE APRC.
I have faith in the new generation that will come after Halifa, darboe and Hamat.

God gave men dominion over the beasts and not over his fellow men unless they submit of their own free will. - Napoleon
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  00:41:46  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

How to win friends and influence people,Get a little help and advice here:

http://evans-amsri.blogspot.com/2010/04/win-friends-and-influence-people.html

Everyone will find this very useful in their lives.Go on have a read,

Toubab1020,

Do you believe in the statement quoted from Dale? If so, it gets harder when you stated elsewhere that better I plot my person in the ring and let issues rest. I can't understand that.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  00:59:29  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I must admit that I only read the "Big" words which seemed good advice,I have no idea what other information is contained in the book,why?,because I havn't read it so I do not know what you mean. I have however edited my previous posting just in case other contents on the page are raciest or not politically correct.

posted about 10 mins after the above !.
Karamba I have just found your words on another topic,I understand what you are talking about now.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 06 Aug 2010 01:17:05
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  01:39:25  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Here is the quoted text Toubab1020

"I read an excerpt from Dale’s book “How to Win Friends & Influence People”. This quote got me thinking... “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie. This is so true and I think for this one statement it is worth reading the whole book. I wish more people would heed his words then perhaps the world would be a happier place. "

On this note, Toubab1020, my pursuit is one for those being treated so bad and yet having very little they are able to do about their cruel tormentor.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  07:03:01  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Shaka, why do you always cut in front of me and say exactly what I wanted to say?
What Nyarikangbanna ( UDP) fails to understand is that NADD did not collapse at the point of signing the MOU. It did not collapse at the point of registration. It did not collapse at the point of the by-elections. NADD collapsed only at the point of selecting the leader; when O.J. was selected over Darboe. So any real solution to NADD's stalemate needs to address this leadership and power struggle issue. And frankly as far as I am concerned, we do not have to have a solution. We can stay the way we are, and celebrate many more anniversaries of the "Kanilai Revolution" .

quote:
Originally posted by shaka

What case have you got to rest? Questions are raised about your utterances. Questions you continue to dodge as if no one will notice. If according to you the UDP opted out of NADD when it became apparent NADD was registered as a political party instead of an alliance, when did it became clear to the UDP leadership that NADD was registered as a party and when did the UDP leader decided to reconsider his position within NADD? Real disingenuity lies within this answer if you can figure it out. So stop chasing your tail like a cat on zumzum.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyarikangbanna

OK, no valid point has been raised since my last posting. The point at which NADD was registered as a political party has been noted in the release and commonsense tells everyone that it happened before the supreme court case. This is what the statement said;

''It has long been an established fact that NADD lose parliamentary seats as a result of its registration with the Independent Electoral Commission which the Supreme Court deemed as amounting to registering a political party. Hence the Supreme Court’s determination that by virtue of section 91 of the Constitution, the concerned parliamentarians could not remain members of the National Assembly while belonging to two distinct and independent sovereign political parties at the same time; their original parties on one hand and NADD the other. This is now a settled case law. However, if Halifa has issues with this, then the best forum for addressing such issues is the Supreme Court, not the media.''

I now rest my case. Regards to all, friends and foes alike.

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  08:21:59  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
quote:

The statement did not use the word ''apparant'' but ''clear''. When we say clear, we mean authoritatively. So use your brain to figure out what that means. Oh! I forgot; You haven't got none of that. What a shame.

lol. This sociopath dude is hilarious.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 06 Aug 2010 08:24:45
Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  11:04:51  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
We are still crying over spilled milk. The fundamental question is what are these political parties doing to increase their chances of winning?

What is the way forward out of this predicament? What do we get from repeating the same painful down fall of NADD, UDP, PDOIS, NDAM, NRP etc?

As far as I am concern, I did not see anything different being done to get the opposition out of their sorry situation..

I advice that we should probably allow these present opposition leaders to contest the next elections anyway they wish... in fragments most likely.. then we can all revisit this and see the next phrase.

I humbly believe that the present opposition leadership must run its natural course and the end date is post 2011 elections.

Hopefully, a new more dynamic leadership and party platforms will emerge. The present parties have hit their life cycle and I only wish that they leave on a high note!!!

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  12:05:10  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Exactly what normal thinking people here have been trying to get over to these fellows,who do not appear to heed anything that is told to them,however there is no doubt that being a promenent politician or campaigning for one in the Gambia does have its problems,this maybe one of the reasons for the "unwillingness" to change tactics.

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  15:26:55  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dbaldeh

We are still crying over spilled milk. The fundamental question is what are these political parties doing to increase their chances of winning?

What is the way forward out of this predicament? What do we get from repeating the same painful down fall of NADD, UDP, PDOIS, NDAM, NRP etc?

As far as I am concern, I did not see anything different being done to get the opposition out of their sorry situation..

I advice that we should probably allow these present opposition leaders to contest the next elections anyway they wish... in fragments most likely.. then we can all revisit this and see the next phrase.

I humbly believe that the present opposition leadership must run its natural course and the end date is post 2011 elections.

Hopefully, a new more dynamic leadership and party platforms will emerge. The present parties have hit their life cycle and I only wish that they leave on a high note!!!

The failure of opposition is more to do with the voters than the leadership. I see this in Halifa's statement below

quote:
PDOIS aims to reiterate again that it could function as a normal party within a multi party system that seeks the mandate of the people on the basis of its principles, policies, programmes and practices. Few people would disagree that PDOIS has a leadership that has the knowledge and honesty and is capable of making the supreme sacrifice necessary to promote the liberty and prosperity of the Gambian people. PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 06 Aug 2010 15:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  15:53:30  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kayjatta

Shaka, why do you always cut in front of me and say exactly what I wanted to say?
What Nyarikangbanna ( UDP) fails to understand is that NADD did not collapse at the point of signing the MOU. It did not collapse at the point of registration. It did not collapse at the point of the by-elections. NADD collapsed only at the point of selecting the leader; when O.J. was selected over Darboe. So any real solution to NADD's stalemate needs to address this leadership and power struggle issue. And frankly as far as I am concerned, we do not have to have a solution. We can stay the way we are, and celebrate many more anniversaries of the "Kanilai Revolution" .

Kay, our statement has accomodated and addressed those sentiments already. This is what it says;

''The decision to withdraw required a process that had to be exhausted with all relevant factors and issues including subsequent ones, examined before a final decision could be made. Thus, what was of essence to the UDP was making the right decision, and indeed they have done that and at the right time.''

I know I have said i rest my case but out of courtesy to you even though you are APRC and sings the praises of JAMMEH just like every mbaye of banjul, I though I might give you this line.

Thanks

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.

Edited by - Nyarikangbanna on 07 Aug 2010 00:16:53
Go to Top of Page

shaka

996 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  16:43:36  Show Profile Send shaka a Private Message
Get lost Nyari. Who ever taught you English Language owes you a refund for your money atleast.
quote:

Go to Top of Page

shaka

996 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  16:53:16  Show Profile Send shaka a Private Message
Go find another hobby will ya. Delusional fixation is not good for your health. It is becoming obvious with every rant you espouse.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kayjatta

Kay, our statement has accomodated and addressed those sentiments already. This is what it says;

''The decision to withdraw required a process that had to be exhausted with all relevant factors and issues including subsequent ones, examined before a final decision could be made. Thus, what was of essence to the UDP was making the right decision, and indeed they have done that and at the right time.''

I know I have said i rested my case but out of courtesy to you even though you are APRC and sings the praises of JAMMEH just like every mbaye of banjul, I though I might give you this line.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  18:26:43  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by turk

quote:
Originally posted by dbaldeh

The failure of opposition is more to do with the voters than the leadership. I see this in Halifa's statement below

quote:
PDOIS aims to reiterate again that it could function as a normal party within a multi party system that seeks the mandate of the people on the basis of its principles, policies, programmes and practices. Few people would disagree that PDOIS has a leadership that has the knowledge and honesty and is capable of making the supreme sacrifice necessary to promote the liberty and prosperity of the Gambian people. PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Turk, as much as most voters in the Gambia haven't reach that level of political conciousness, I think the opposition tactics and leadership has a lot to do with voter apathy in the Gambia.

Sometimes it is easy to point fingers but Halifa has attested that majority of voters did not want to vote for the president the last time around and yet they did not turn out to vote for the opposition.

He also on numerous occasions stated that the opposition got more votes than the APRC during the byelections because the opposition were united and gave hope to the electorates.

We can all agree that in a State where even a sign of supporting the opposition can bring nightmares to even village voters, it is not unconceivable for these people to abstain from voting if the risk is not worth it.

There are several groups of voters in the Gambia and they seems to master that well regardless of what someone thinks of them.

There is the economic aka pocket voters and these are folks found in the urban areas like Banjul who are educated and well informed on what transpires in government. Off course they hold majority of senior government positions.

There is the tribal voters.. who only votes for people they can identify with like the UDP, NRP and PDOIS in areas like Kiang, Jarra in the case of UDP and Saloum in the case of NRP, PDOIS in areas like Wuli.

Finally there is the group of voters who simply believes that God put the President there and therefore he must remain there until God remove him. These people even believes that when they are voting in the secret booths APRC folks will know if they don't vote for the President.

So understanding these voting groups and appealing to their interest is important. It is therefore a collective responsibility and more so on the leadership of the opposition for failing to motivate the voters than anything else why Gambia is in its present situation...

Halifa and others have been saying this for over 20 years now and still we are not anywhere closer to voter maturity... it ain't happening so the sooner they change course the better...

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06