Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 IN CASE YOU DID NOT KNOW
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  22:55:40  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
No mail yet.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  23:00:50  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
Am sure its on d way.
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  23:31:36  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
Jayayanfara

The email has finally arrived. Wow what a small world

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  23:48:00  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
Its true the world is so small
And things move so fast that one grows to old age without realising it quickly.Done a lot of traveling these past years that I am now resting to complete my law course.
I am ok and how are you my friend,how is tajkistan?
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  00:00:46  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
I can imagine you in a court room jumping all over. Did you join Amnesty International in the gambia while you were there? I had loved to continue to be a member but my public life would not allow me.

keep your contributions coming and we need a new issue for the members. We seem to have run out of steam with the current topic.

Edited by - kondorong on 15 Mar 2006 00:20:12
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  00:25:40  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
Oh,no,
I was spotted while addressing a political rally.
Then I travelled with some people across many parts of Africa..ect
But I am meant 4 Africa I cannot stay here.Just temporal.I am expecting my chids next month 4 two weeks.Den next Year,I intend to go to Somalia,Ethiopia and Sudan, then I will go to Banjul 4 three weeks to rest then back here.
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  01:37:24  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
momodou i wanted to send an email but could not. Can i send to Administrator. Is that thesame as Momodou

Go to Top of Page

Biraago

Gambia
173 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  02:29:06  Show Profile Send Biraago a Private Message
Mawdo Sowe. Jaaraama, I am impressed with your intrest.

During the Europen so-called world war, a fighter plan droped a bomb in the area and this was before the floads and the colera outbreak.

The name Moka town is wrongly written, it is Mbokka (relatives in wolof). The wolofs mainly from Saloum and Niumi called people Mbokka when they are not familiar with them.

If you go to the Mosque in so-called Half-Die, you can find at the compound of Imam Muhammad Lamin Bah and Alhagi Momodou Girigara Njie were the depot of the british military garison.
Go to Top of Page

Biraago

Gambia
173 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  02:32:42  Show Profile Send Biraago a Private Message
There are at least three recorded epidemies, two in the 18th century and the worst on was after the inundations, that's middle of the 1940's.
Go to Top of Page

Biraago

Gambia
173 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  03:56:43  Show Profile Send Biraago a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Biraago

There are at least three recorded epidemies, two in the 18th century and the worst on was after the inundations, that's middle of the 1940's.

I have delibrately shyed away from one of your questions, the one regarding the earlier inhabitants of Banjul.

This is because there are some historical facts that are contentous. Some of our people are stil living in denial of their history, some ashamed and some just don't want to be reminded at all. That is why people write fictional novel in which one could expose many facts without touching the feelings of the real actors.
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  18:43:49  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
Actually there was an airfield in Jeswang during one of the world wars for refuelling and i have heard about a plane crash incident.

Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  22:07:48  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
FACT NUMBER 3.

THE FIRST SITTING AMERICAN PRESIDENT TO VISIT AFRICA WAS FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT AND WAS MADE TO THE GAMBIA IN 1943 ON HIS WAY TO ATTEND THE CASABLANCA CONFERENCE. BANJUL WAS A PORT OF CALL FOR THE US TROOPS ENROUTE TO BURMA WHERE GAMBIAN MEN SAW COMBAT WITH THE ALLIED FORCES

Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  19:57:45  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
FACT NUMBER 4.

GAMBIA'S PRESENT BOUNDARIES WITH SENEGAL WERE DRAWN IN 1889 BETWEEN THE FRENCH AND THE BRITISH.

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11525 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  22:12:21  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kondorong

momodou i wanted to send an email but could not. Can i send to Administrator. Is that thesame as Momodou

You can send mail to me at momodou@gambia.dk. I look forward to hear from you.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Biraago

Gambia
173 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2006 :  22:23:37  Show Profile Send Biraago a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kondorong

FACT NUMBER 4.

GAMBIA'S PRESENT BOUNDARIES WITH SENEGAL WERE DRAWN IN 1889 BETWEEN THE FRENCH AND THE BRITISH.

The final borders were drawn in 1901.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06