Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Teacher convicted of pedophile assault
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

serenata

Germany
1400 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2007 :  17:30:42  Show Profile Send serenata a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jammin

Kondorong is that justice? i beg to differ. sentencing should be in direct proportion to the crime committed. in two years that pedophile will be out of prison, but that boy's real personality and trust will be in a prison for his entire life. The psychological harm that has been done to the boy is practically irreversible( thus personality imprisonment). I have read on a Ghanaian website were rapist are give 20 years sentences for similar offenses.
NO sir!!! that was a slap on the wrist.
Right, jammin; the sentence should be at least 20 years. Celebrating just the fact that one of these dirty men has to go to prison means stopping right after the start. Today, paedophile men can look for help and avoid harming children. If they are not willing do this, it is the duty of the society to protect children by locking such men away.
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  08:26:57  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Bev, i am settled in the U.S. I don't see myself going back to the Gambia soon, although when I retire i would like to spend my last days in the Gambia "smoking my pipe" in Niumi.You know I often tease myself that I am gonna run for presidency in the Gambia somtime in the near future but hey...
My daughter was born in the Gambia. She is a very smart kid ,and the greatest gift to me.
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  09:11:44  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
If you run for presidency we will all be here on Bantaba to tell you how to run the country better!!!!
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2007 :  09:20:25  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
yeah right
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  13:12:08  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Hey Bev. you know the bantaba could be a very good place to get informal advice as president , right ? I wonder if Jammeh visits the bantaba ocassionally ?
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  13:20:23  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
Perhaps if he does I wont be allowed into the country?

It is surprising what he knows about (all seeing).

I go with students to Kwinella health centre. When the President visited there he was very impressed with the funding from Beacon School and has since put more money in from the government. He is aware of Beacon school and we like to think he was embarrassed or shamed into action because of what the school pupils had done for Kwinella.

Action Aid were nearly kicked out of the country at one point, because he didnt like their work empowering women. That seems to have settled down now.

Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2978 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  13:43:13  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Good job , keep it up !
Go to Top of Page

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  14:50:47  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gambiabev

Action Aid were nearly kicked out of the country at one point, because he didnt like their work empowering women. That seems to have settled down now.

How true is the above? Did you find out why Action-Aid were to pack up? The above reason is naive to say the least.

madiss
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06