Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Intelligence
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  19:57:09  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Intelligence.

Intelligence is normally misunderstood by many. It is relative, because it has to do with comparison of more than one in reference to time. For one to feel he is intelligent contributes to intelligence itself, because it omits diffidence.

To me personally, intelligence is wise applications on matters at hand. If at any time a challenging situation arises, and one is able to resolve the issue by any sort of application, that would be true intelligence. Academically, one who comes out with distinctions or A+ grade is also an intelligent person. That shows he applied to score those grades. A mechanic who easily resolves mechanical problems is equally talented.

Here are the others isolated by society or the ones that society made stupid, poor and stripped naked of all pride of intelligence and confidence. They wake up every day with the notion thinking they will never ever solve a mathematical sum like Edi Gassama or write a Cherno Baba kind of essay. But there they shot themselves right on the oblongata. The notions become a stigma, incurable for ever.

Here are the others, sparked scholastically or in some angle. They long since were crowned societal ‘domas’ [wollof wording for very intelligent people.] They subscribed to no nothing but that they are gifted with it. They do everything to maintain it, at all cost. And they are not wrong by doing that.

If I can borrow from GB Shaw in a way, the same way he described ‘greatness’, Intelligence can be a gift from birth. It can be achieved through struggle within one’s heart and mind. It can as well be entrusted on people.

The truth remains society makes others sick, others stupid, others intelligent, others wealthy, so on and so forth. We must be prepared to break that notion wall constructed by society.

But lets not be victims of notions. Human beings are all very intelligent with five common senses. Our nature of application or specialty in areas of talents or education differs. We must recognize these facts.

Let no one fall a victim of that old saying from my chemistry teacher “A chemist can always be a lawyer, but a lawyer will never be a chemist.” The weak-headed chemist was ranked second compared to the other teacher, Johnson. I hope those he discouraged from that chemistry class would forgive him now, because he was only playing his game to encourage private lessons.

I thought I could rejoin.

Y,aog.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Chip

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  20:08:56  Show Profile Send Chip a Private Message
Intelligence is very interesting. Especially how you measure it. IQ tests are suppose to independently measure IQ. With practice however, you can improve an IQ test score.

IQ tests are biased towards the middle classes and do not take into consideration any 'learning' or 'knowledge' gained as part of everyday or occupational life.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  22:39:10  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
DALTON 1,
I was going to join in this, then I thought to myself,Oh No..........remember that you were asked to define "truth" and could not!
I think that I will stick to the words of my signature !

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 08 Jun 2007 22:41:46
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  23:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
dalton .most rich men/women consider themself intelligent what do you think ?

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  23:07:03  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chip
IQ tests are biased towards the middle classes ...and do not take into consideration any 'learning' or 'knowledge' gained as part of everyday or occupational life.

perhaps there is infact a direct relationship. as one gets richer one gets smarter, only to know how to make more money, getting even smarter......

a positive feedback loop. ??
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2007 :  23:32:30  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by njucks
perhaps there is infact a direct relationship. as one gets richer one gets smarter, only to know how to make more money, getting even smarter......

a positive feedback loop. ??

NJUCKS ,THE BIG SECRET TO BEEN RICH IS NOTHINGS OTHER THAN BEING 'selfish' . to be rich easily one most be inward looking and determine. have a target and don't let go of it untill accomplished.but being selfish is also a recipe for an unhappy life.
money becomes your food ,pleasure ,and everything. for that i feel rich men/women aren't intelligent par say ,they know how to use intelligent people . with big buks ,you can hire the best brains .most inventors can't even afford to publicise there invention some rich guys have to do it for him. you see what i mean.
for those willing to relocate back to the gambia mrc is advertising a job in data imputing .salary £35,000. contact info@workcircle.com.you most have some medical knowledge. with good knowledge comes good pay ,so intelligent is lucrative as well. god help us all.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  02:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chip

Intelligence is very interesting. Especially how you measure it. IQ tests are suppose to independently measure IQ. With practice however, you can improve an IQ test score.

IQ tests are biased towards the middle classes and do not take into consideration any 'learning' or 'knowledge' gained as part of everyday or occupational life.

http://www.funeducation.com/products/iqtest/intro.asp?source=google

Don't be disappointed by small score...it's funny you know.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  02:07:00  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

DALTON 1,
I was going to join in this, then I thought to myself,Oh No..........remember that you were asked to define "truth" and could not!
I think that I will stick to the words of my signature !

i couldn't relate to your thread. may be you can eloborate more. until then, i don;t know how to help you.

You are in no way obliqed to participate in it. it's choice to yourself. as well, my own choice to debate topics of my interest.

have a good one!

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  02:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Santanfara

dalton .most rich men/women consider themself intelligent what do you think ?

in my opinion, they are more intelligent than politicians, at least they put things into practical to gather all the money and control the world.

thanks for your rejoinders.

Go to Top of Page

sab

United Kingdom
912 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  10:13:43  Show Profile Send sab a Private Message
This reminded me of AMNA (where r u) postings when he questioned why do the brightest intellectuals support dictators?
So I looked it up again - old bantaba 4/5 Dec 2005.
It would appear to use your intelligence at this time in The Gambia is dangerous..

The world would be a poorer place if it was peopled by children whose parents risked nothing in the cause of social justice, for fear of personal loss. (Joe Slovo - African revolutionary)
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  11:44:31  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sab

This reminded me of AMNA (where r u) postings when he questioned why do the brightest intellectuals support dictators?
So I looked it up again - old bantaba 4/5 Dec 2005.
It would appear to use your intelligence at this time in The Gambia is dangerous..

Look at the amount of HUMAN RESOURCES (Gambian intellectuals and professionals) and very intelligent people at home and within the diaspora capable to serve their nation but mainly alienated, hindered, hired and fired because of DIRTY POLITICS, SYCHOPHANCY and JEALOUSY.

An anarchy system does not allow intelligence to undermine it
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  14:39:26  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

The subject matter of INTELLIGENCE goes beyond the shallow depths of cunning persons seeking to dupe the rest of society. Playing smart and not being clever is quite another look of things. Exploring the subject matter of intelligence reveals some interesting concepts like Emotional Intelligence -EI, a fascinating dimension in Neuro-Linguistic Communications - NLC. This extends to other areas like Neuro-Linguistic-Programming, NLP, where computers facilitate applied intelligence. In modern management studies, the role of combination of various elements serves strategic function in achieving result-focused output.

The bottom line is that while every person may boast of being endowed with sufficient gift of intelligence, those who fail to tap what is naturally deposited will live a life of lesser performance and become lower achievers. There is more to it than show of smartness.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2007 :  18:55:59  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
No doubt, intelligence goes beyond, way beyond appearance. It also goes way pass we can attribute with ourselves or people we associate ourselves with. If we are to pin intelligence on people, then there comes the criteria for judgment, and the accuracy of method used matters a lot. Intelligence to me has to do with wise applications at any given time. On the other hand, those intellectual prostitutes of ours at home masterminding constantly our eternal crumble, at the same time alienating Gambians thinking they are intelligent are far from it. They robbed society of all the pride. If any should boast of it, I will tell you reference your applications at any given time, and that’s how one knows it is relative with time. Probably, what is even more wrong and warranted my stepping on this topic, is a people who attribute greatness of intelligence, super of it, at the same time looking low on others, of equal creation. When all have five common senses, others are made to belief though they have five, but those fives cannot be equal to the others’ five. While I don’t doubt clearly people can be born with intelligence, but development of mental faculty for wise application sounds very admirable to me. It must be earned. It must not be the kind of degrees clandestine universities award to present day African leaders. It must not be the paper degree intelligence. It should be the practical seen-to-be-done intelligence. It must not be used to undermine the growing lot also. It should be shared for the benefit of society, clear from any selfish achievement.

The link below also gives us an indepth. Thank you all for your kind rejoinders

http://www.psych.utoronto.ca/~reingold/courses/intelligence/cache/1198yam.html

Edited by - Dalton1 on 09 Jun 2007 19:30:09
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  00:22:03  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalton1
i couldn't relate to your thread. may be you can eloborate more. until then, i don;t know how to help you.

You are in no way obliqed to participate in it. it's choice to yourself. as well, my own choice to debate topics of my interest.

have a good one!

Hi Bro no problem but your posting reminded me of the topic weapons Casamance? in which I was asked to define "truth",an imponderable,nothing hidded or sinister ,I shouldnt have assumed that all visitors to Bantaba read all postings by everyone,as you say its a matter of choice

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  02:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020
Hi Bro no problem but your posting reminded me of the topic weapons Casamance? in which I was asked to define "truth",an imponderable,nothing hidded or sinister ,I shouldnt have assumed that all visitors to Bantaba read all postings by everyone,as you say its a matter of choice

thanks for your clarification. and i truly missed that post, and would love to see it. it is my interest to read everyone's post, but i am afraid not close to having that time. also to reply when challenged, but no time. sorry for the prior reply.

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2007 :  22:28:45  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalton1thanks for your clarification. and i truly missed that post, and would love to see it. it is my interest to read everyone's post, but i am afraid not close to having that time. also to reply when challenged, but no time. sorry for the prior reply.

No need to be sorry, my fault really!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06