Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 Oral history of the Gambia
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  00:09:33  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
DID'TN i told you about these JALIBAS and their KORAS,ah well am into R&b and them stuff.

There is no god but Allah

Edited by - LEMON TIME on 27 May 2007 00:10:23
Go to Top of Page

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  00:29:38  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
How about this guys surly its more enjoyable than kora and stuff.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiPwK5k4qNc

Go to Top of Page

salimina

253 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  16:13:17  Show Profile Send salimina a Private Message
santa,

I mean oral history is just like an underwear............Understand!

Edited by salimina
Go to Top of Page

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2007 :  22:01:51  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
Salimina,i still cant understand.What is under the UNDERWEAR then Aye.

Go to Top of Page

salimina

253 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2007 :  08:34:18  Show Profile Send salimina a Private Message
Lemontime,

I think all of you will understand now. What i mean is,oral history is just like a bikini/underwear, what it exposed is interesting and what it concealed is interesting as well.What am trying to say is that oral history can be misleading because what it doesn`t reveal can be as important as what it reveals. So the truth in it is not the whole truth.

Edited by salimina
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  11:57:31  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Salimina, You may be right that there is a lot more not revealed but we are talking of history passed on by word of mouth from generation to generation. We should be glad atleast something is revealed.
fyi. more audio recordings have been added to the list today for your listening pleasure.
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  12:10:50  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
gainde , good work .i have finished listining to all the oral recordings so i will check out the new ones today . but the samori part which was connected with mafoji hyrada was not complete .i would like to confirm how samori was truely murdered . once again thank you gainde .

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  12:25:37  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Thanks,Santafara. I have more recordings in the pipeline and will upload them as soon as received and hopefully continuation of Mafuji Hydara's will be available soon.
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  14:30:57  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gainde

Thanks,Santafara. I have more recordings in the pipeline and will upload them as soon as received and hopefully continuation of Mafuji Hydara's will be available soon.

gainde , i just finished listining to the history of kombo sillah . i never knew that foday sillah was actually Ebrima Touray . he was able to chase out the bojangs from brikama and rule the kombo untill the british fought him at so amny battles .he and his figters kill many british soldiers untill re-enforcement came from India . he then cross the border into senegal as an exile . what happen to the soninkes bojangs ? the marabou chasing out soninkes ,interesting . the mansaring su and sumakunda folks . just a light joke.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  15:16:49  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Santa, I am glad you find the oral history narrations educative, interesting and entertaining. I must admit I am not too versed in such but hope others here in the forum can volunteer some information but as written in the previous post, there is more of these recordings to hit the net soon so keep visiting.
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2007 :  17:05:38  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
gainde , i am amazed at the vasatility of alhagie mansour njie . the man speak wolof like no other person without a single mix and also he speak mandinka better than many mandinak born gambians .this is facinating. is he still alive ? i would like to met him.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2007 :  12:36:51  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Santa,
Alh. Mansour is still alive and actually I have a video recording he did with grts crew last feb(2007) celebrating Gambia's 42nd Independence. You are right, there is a lot to be learnt from people like Alh. Mansour but we are sadly not paying too much attention to them.

Edited by - gainde on 24 Jun 2007 14:28:47
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2007 :  16:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
ou are right gainde. keep being good.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2007 :  20:26:09  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
gainde ,i have seen a new fansunjamano addition onegambia .you are now pulling my legs ,i like fansu jamano .thanks brother.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2007 :  07:58:19  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Santanfara

gainde ,i have seen a new fansunjamano addition onegambia .you are now pulling my legs ,i like fansu jamano .thanks brother.

Santa,
thanks for that. I do have more tapes on them to add. Enjoy and spread the word.
Gainde
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06