Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 Oral history of the Gambia
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2007 :  08:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
gainde ,thanks again with the story of sherif sidi. i use to hear his story but now i can listen to it again and again thanks .keep the tarico flowing .

http://www.onegambia.com/orahist.php

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2007 :  08:51:12  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Santanfara

gainde ,thanks again with the story of sherif sidi. i use to hear his story but now i can listen to it again and again thanks .keep the tarico flowing .

Thanks once again, Santa. There is more to hit the web so keep visiting.
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  10:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
lemon ,where are you ? i like gambian cultural stuff than some other foriegn ones.
check out onegambia for ansu machine .the man who wants to be a seyfo for even three days and die.what a manneh kunda hero !!!

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2007 :  11:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
our man gainde has been very quiet
.i always await your new additions.take care any way.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2007 :  09:33:30  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Santa,
thanks for the reminder. I have been very much busy lately with some engagements but expect to see some new material uploaded bye the weekend, inshallah.
Thanks for visiting the website.
Gainde
Go to Top of Page

mansasulu

997 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  15:50:41  Show Profile Send mansasulu a Private Message
the last time I listened to the history of Ansu Machine and it is really good. keep the good work my brother. salam.

"...Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest..." Sura Al-Rad (Chapter 13, Verse 28)

...Gambian by birth, Muslim by the grace of Allah...
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2008 :  13:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
what happen to all th kabu jalangs? cotesy of one gambia.
any idea our nyanchos?

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2010 :  12:23:31  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
History of Foday kabba Dumbuya narrated by his daughter Ma Awa Dumbuya living in Kombo Brufut at the time of the recording(1974) and history of Samba Gelajegi(part 1) by griot Doudou Nying added to our oral history page(www.onegambia.com/orahist.php). Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2010 :  17:40:33  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message

Welcome back Gainde, another brilliant addition.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2010 :  00:12:31  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Thanks Santa. Have also added the famous 'kaddy Kebbeh' story to the audio panorama playlist(www.onegambia.com/culture.php). Enjoy

Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2010 :  08:04:13  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
Gainde, As a child the story was regular sad ending to our bantaba plays. It is a good kora play but the story is very tragic. I thank you loads for this clip, i haven't listen to this story for ages. The story in essenc is talking about love, and why only those who love each other should be allow to marry instead of arrange marriages.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2010 :  21:34:39  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
There needs to be some governmental organization that compile and record all of these. Like Gambia Culture, History, Music, Art etc study group. Is there any?

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2010 :  10:37:15  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
The ncac(National council for arts & culture) is supposedly documenting such but am not too sure.
Radio Gambia has tons of such recordings in their library and much of which is still on old outdated media and need to be digitalized.
quote:
Originally posted by turk

There needs to be some governmental organization that compile and record all of these. Like Gambia Culture, History, Music, Art etc study group. Is there any?

Go to Top of Page

tamsier

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2010 :  23:38:22  Show Profile
Gainde,

Thanks again for your wonderful clips. Always a delight to have you on board. You guys do a great job at onegambia.com. Please keep up the good job.

Tamsier

Serere heritage. Serere religion. Serere to the end.

Roog a fa ha.
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2010 :  16:10:37  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
More Chossani Senegambia recordings added to our oral history page(www.onegambia.com/orahist.php)

quote:
Originally posted by tamsier

Gainde,

Thanks again for your wonderful clips. Always a delight to have you on board. You guys do a great job at onegambia.com. Please keep up the good job.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06