Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 Oral history of the Gambia
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  12:26:46  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
To all interested pls visit www.onegambia.com/orahist.php to listen to some old Radio Gambia recordings. You may want to bookmark the page as more to be added pretty soon.

Thanks
Gainde

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  19:18:48  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Gainde,

This is a great site. I lost the chilling voice of Pa Touray and now found it along many more Gambian music makers Great !!

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  22:07:15  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Thanks, Karamba. I hope you enjoy the traditional playlist as well cause I have more to add to that list too very soon.www.onegambia.com/culture.php
regards
quote:
Originally posted by Karamba

Gainde,

This is a great site. I lost the chilling voice of Pa Touray and now found it along many more Gambian music makers Great !!

Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  00:32:46  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Gainde,

The playlist is both varied and balanced. You have broken the generation gap. It is a real blend of tradition, modernisation, past and present. Well done, brother.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  15:32:57  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
Karamba,
Some of the traditional dvd's have been donated to the site by Jalikunda in Stockholm. Jalikunda deals only with cultural artists especially from Gambia and we give lectures and workshops too. Jalikunda is affiliated to the Swedish concert Institute and the association of cultural music in Sweden.
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  16:28:26  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Real good contribution Alhassan. Properly Gambian generosity from Jali Kunda. Well done. The site is part of my favorites.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  22:33:15  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alhassan

Karamba,
Some of the traditional dvd's have been donated to the site by Jalikunda in Stockholm. Jalikunda deals only with cultural artists especially from Gambia and we give lectures and workshops too. Jalikunda is affiliated to the Swedish concert Institute and the association of cultural music in Sweden.

Alhassan,
Thanks for pointing out that Jalikunda donated a single video and NOT videos as you put it. The video in question is actually not included in the video playlist as yet.
Gainde
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  15:25:11  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
Gainde,
We have seen the Fulas online that was orginally recorded by our projectleader Mr. Rishala. It is just our duty to inform Gambians of our activities. We are not out to compete as we only try our best to promote SeneGambian culture.
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  08:23:39  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Alhassan,
thanks for proving my point and NO I am not questioning your duty in informing about your activities or efforts in promoting SeneGambian culture. Won't you be happy to be given credit for donating the videos if you had and how'd you feel if someone else wants to take such credit from you? are you so alien to being corrected that you take such as competition? compete for what? My point and the fact is so far only few videos have come by way of donation and we give credit to the donors once these are available for public viewing on the website. Thats the least we can do to 'THANK'.
Bro, lets not waste our energy on such and focus on our promotional efforts.
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  15:00:05  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
Bro,
If you had mentioned that it was donated by Jalikunda, then it would not have been a question. We are even thinking to make them as copy rights so as to help the artists themselves with the money generated in the feature. There is too much Gambian material that we feel should have been made Copyrights for protection of the artists.
Is is not about waste our energy, but if we see our vedios online without us putting it there, we must wonder how it got there. The only people in possesion are very few. We have not yet realised them and you were the only one we made a copy to as Rishala has informed. WE have a cataloge of all materials and we also document who we give copies to and in this case it is only one gambia , outside the Swedish concert institute and Södra Teatern. These are materials we use , so we do not make copies for distribution. I ghad to ask before I reacted to bantaba.Otherwise we would not have reacted. I live in Tumba and it is in our intrest that protect our materials. All these materials from Gambia have been done together with the Arts Council Gambia as we have been informed by our projectleader.
WE debate so I feel it is not a wast of time and energy.
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  16:24:33  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Alhassan,
Great that you did consult your partners and found out a dvd has been donated by Jalikunda to be promoted online so no harm/crime has been done anywhere. If this video comes online, I will give credit so viewers know the source and how to contact you(Jalikunda) if they so desire.
About copyright protection, this cannot be emphasised more and the NCAC and other institutes are working at it so lets hope this goes through soon so the artists can atleast get some reward for their hard work.
Go to Top of Page

Alhassan

Sweden
813 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  16:32:22  Show Profile Send Alhassan a Private Message
Gainde,
Thanks for understanding our stand points. We hope to end in the same direction.
Go to Top of Page

salimina

253 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2007 :  07:47:47  Show Profile Send salimina a Private Message
Oral history hhmmmmmm?The puzzle is, it is just like a bikini what it exposed is interesting and what it concealed is facinating as well.

Edited by salimina
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2007 :  00:11:51  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by salimina

Oral history hhmmmmmm?The puzzle is, it is just like a bikini what it exposed is interesting and what it concealed is facinating as well.

now don't let the one love here that from you sir

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

salimina

253 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2007 :  00:39:12  Show Profile Send salimina a Private Message
SIN!!!!

Edited by salimina
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2007 :  10:16:24  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by salimina

SIN!!!!

more jealosy than sin ,who's bikini ?

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06