Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Mysterious fire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2020 :  11:37:12  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

RELATED:
https://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16740

==========

https://standard.gm/mysterious-fire-ravages-over-d500000-worth-of-properties/

Mysterious fire ravages over D500,000 worth of properties

By Amadou Jadama November 17, 2020

A mysterious fire outbreak in Bundung Six Junction in the Kanifing Municipality has destroyed over five hundred thousand dalasi worth of properties.

Although there were no reports of loss of life, sources said an undisclosed amount of money has also perished in the fire.

Eye witnesses said the inferno started around 8pm and tenants lost all their properties to the fire.

Speaking to The Standard Jebelly Jum, one of the affected tenants, said: “The fire started from my bedroom. I was sitting outside with my family because at that time, there was no electricity and no candle light at the time of the incident. We just saw smoke coming out from my bedroom and then it started spread to other bedrooms. We shouted for help and our neighbours responded swiftly using buckets of water and battling with fire but before we put it off, the entire compound was burned to ashes. We have tried a lot but we could not extinguish the fire on time. Nothing valuable escaped from the compound. There is nobody here who can establish the cause of the fire.”

Ida Saine, also a tenant, said she was at work when the fire started. “Upon my arrival, I found a lot of people battling with the fire. We have lost over six hundred thousand dalasi cash for our house alone. That money is our family members’ contribution because we are planning to buy a compound, so that we could stop renting,” she said. “Right now, we have no place to live and to eat. Even these (clothes) you have seen me wearing were given to me by someone. All our properties were lost in fire.”

Food stuff, clothing, beds; each costing fifteen thousand dalasi, fridges, suitcases, television sets and undisclosed amount of money all perished.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 18 Nov 2020 11:38:24
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06