Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Mortuary.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  23:48:55  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read this and was shocked and totally amazed, (If the article in The Daily News is accurate !), and cannot understand the inactivity that surrounds the running an essential facility that has been built for over a year and is not in use,can other members of Bantaba enlighten me ?

I am at a total loss for words to write now.

BHC Mortuary to Commence Operations
Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Officer In Charge of the Brikama Major Health Facility Mr. Ensa Jarju has inform The Daily News in an exclusive interview that the newly constructed Mortuary at the facility will commence operations soon. “This is so in order to ease the burden of transporting dead bodies to the Edward Francis Small Hospital in Banjul ; as well as keeping them at the wards within the facility” He said

OIC Jarju noted that since the completion of the Mortuary a year ago, it is not been used as it is not formally inaugurated noting that despite that, the management felt it necessary to begin operations at the Mortuary. It will also make it easy for people whose relatives die; since the Ward Councilor has recently donated three coffins to the facility.

According to OIC Jarju, some of their constraints as at now is the lack of Mortuary attendant and an orderly. He said despite that, work will now begins as the building was built to keep the bodies.

He call on stakeholders and other partners to work in partnership with the facility operators in order to have the attendant and an orderly for the Mortuary.

Jarju thanked the management team of the facility as well as supporting staff and partners for their cooperation and support towards the facility.
Author: Alieu Darboe

http://dailynews.gm/africa/gambia/article/bhc-mortuary-to-commence-operations

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 29 Jul 2013 23:59:03

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  18:42:34  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
140 reads (as of now) of this topic,no follow up postings,no further information,no readers know anything about this "problem" very surprising,or is it a matter of ,a hidden story ? Who knows,not me thats for sure, come on members what was or is going on here.Nothing or ....something ! Quite a surprise to me that Foroyaa has not picked up on this story and found out,as I wrote before,words still fail me.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 01 Aug 2013 18:44:46
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  03:15:56  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Toubab1020,

Your post is very relevant and topical. Here is the reason why it was not opened (quote from text)

Mr Jammeh promised a project every six months. This mortuary happened to fall outside the political time frame.

....not formally inaugurated

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2013 :  09:51:24  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Need I write more !

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  00:08:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Any one any more news on this "project" in 2014,still nothing done,or what has happened ?

Edited by - toubab1020 on 13 Mar 2014 00:11:10
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  10:37:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now the Middle of August,staffed and up and running now ?,if not it is really too bad presumably everything is there ready just no staff or hasnt the project been "inaugerated yet as suggested by Karamba previously.

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2017 :  21:03:48  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since July 2013,I have seen no further information on the subject of this topic,can any READER of Bantaba in Cyberspace in Gambia ,or visitor to this place tell US is the Mortuary up Staffed and running,or do people have to travel with their deceased loved ones to Banjul where the mortuary has recently received some donated money for improvements.

Related:http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/gpa-donates-equipment-to-physical-planning-efsth-mortuary

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2018 :  21:28:39  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Plenty of reads now, BUT no update from anyone,come on now somebody enlighten us is the Mortuary staffed and running with electricity as it was intended, to provide a service to the dead and their relatives avoiding a long trek to Banjul .
It's now 2018

quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Since July 2013,I have seen no further information on the subject of this topic,can any READER of Bantaba in Cyberspace in Gambia ,or visitor to this place tell US is the Mortuary up Staffed and running,or do people have to travel with their deceased loved ones to Banjul where the mortuary has recently received some donated money for improvements.

Related:http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/gpa-donates-equipment-to-physical-planning-efsth-mortuary

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2019 :  18:05:51  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over one year has passed since I last posted here,what has happened ? up and running mortuary ?
There MUST be a reader on Bantaba in cyberspace who knows the present development ,Karamba did have his finger on the pulse in 2013 and could assist if he still reads Bantaba in cyberspace there again he may have moved on to pastures new.
This could be an opportunity for Foroyaa to establish the present day situation.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06