Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Gambia Corruption
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  16:13:40  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Here again The British are to blame for coining the word lawyer in the year 1377,...

ITS ABOUT ETYMOLOGY OR THE HISTORICAL FACT ON ENGLISH WORD "LAWYER" & A VERY GOOD ANSWER FOR Where did the word lawyer come from?

It wasn't "blame" game or "indulging in politico speak" but comment was not proper to bring forth

Furthermore you made political statements and " indulging in politico speak"

Thanks

Edited by - kobo on 22 Jun 2014 16:36:04
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  21:31:09  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"It wasn't "blame" game or "indulging in politico speak" but comment was not proper to bring forth

Furthermore you made political statements and " indulging in politico speak"

Hmmmmmmmm,strange, I thought that I was making an observation of the words used by Mama Fatima Singhateh in her speech in the topic titled Gambia Corruption and your postings under that topic.

I do hope that a return to the days of conflict discussion on Bantaba in Cyberspace is not immanent,although postings from members have been short of late

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 22 Jun 2014 21:43:05
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  21:47:38  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Toubab 1020

Your input is highly appreciated but we should try to confer; carry on a discussion or deliberation to make topic more interesting, educative and beneficial

Thanks for being active and COMMENDATION TO BRITS ON YOUR OBSERVATION! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN & BRITISH EMPIRE!
quote:
'Way to democracy'

In 2015 it will be 800 years since King John put his seal on the Magna Carta, the document which first established the king was subject to the law.

Mr Cameron said he wanted all pupils to take lessons on the charter to mark the anniversary.

"The remaining copies... may have faded," he wrote. "But its principles shine as brightly as ever, and they paved the way for the democracy, the equality, the respect and the laws that make Britain, Britain."....."

SOURCE: Cameron: 'Stop being bashful about Britishness'

Edited by - kobo on 22 Jun 2014 22:25:42
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  00:02:33  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah Yes
David Cameron,personally I like Boris Johnson,a much more entertaining politician,have look at this U tube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877Z4yObMjs

(Admin a bit off topic I know but isn't all politico speak off topic anyway ?
Sorry )

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 23 Jun 2014 00:17:36
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  08:12:51  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Ah Yes
David Cameron,personally I like Boris Johnson,a much more entertaining politician,have look at this U tube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877Z4yObMjs

(Admin a bit off topic I know but isn't all politico speak off topic anyway ?
Sorry )

David Cameron timely addressed "BRITISHNESS" & referred to "MAGANA CARTA" (i.e. The Charter for foundation of freedom, rule of law, law enforcement, justice, good governance, sound democratic structures and institutions Britain is thriving on) were main reasons he is QUOTED but nothing to do with his personality, charisma, leadership and party policies or politics.

In contrast to our so-called fledgling democratic country (i.e The Gambia); struggling with ethics, rampant corruption, accountability, transparency, hostile political climate, bad governance, abuse of power and yet to fine tune the nation's democratic structures; inter alia; to the extend of weakening or killing the judiciary and corruption is a menace affecting all sectors of society

Edited by - kobo on 23 Jun 2014 08:27:08
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2014 :  11:18:39  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Kobo THIS IS POLITICS ! different struggles for differing reasons,but ALL essentially about POWER AND MONEY

Over 2000 reads from only 4 posters, no one else have an opinion ? disappointing.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 23 Jun 2014 11:27:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06