Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Clarification please !
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2010 :  13:57:50  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Can this please be explained to me and perhaps other posters who are not familiar with the workings of the Gambian law who is right here,it would appear that the judge is putting obsticles in the way of the defence which maybe lead to a miscarriage of justice,it was the prosecution who tendered these statements as evidence.
(persons who "are not attys." are invited to comment )

The Point Clears Justice Amadi’s Doubt

This is the bit I don't get:

"Justice Amadi at that juncture told the accused persons who were in the gallery to step into the dock to comment on how their statements were obtained from them.

But Lawyer Touray insisted that it was not the defense who were given their evidence but instead the prosecution.

However, the trial judge insisted that because counsel has alleged something which is serious so in the interest of justice he therefore called the accused persons to comment on the allegation.

Amadi then adjourned the case to 13th August 2010 in order to enter into a trial within a trial at 9:30am and urged Lawyer Touray to go back to his house and read law on trial within a trial."

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06