Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 bank account
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  18:01:02  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
How do i set up a bank account in Gambia and is there a bank that I can pay in money to here in Europe, that will get transferred to gambia.

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  18:12:18  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jambo

How do i set up a bank account in Gambia and is there a bank that I can pay in money to here in Europe, that will get transferred to gambia.

Bayba I hove found good, pay in CASH at any Barclays bank and yourself or nominee can get out Dalasi in lots of places have a look at the newspaper links on this site for info on Bayba or look up Bayba group on the net,yes it works,using banks to transfer money is a nightmare and expensive.
PS
(I don't work for Bayba either!!!)

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Galo Sowe

Sweden
116 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  18:16:00  Show Profile Send Galo Sowe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jambo

Try Standard Chartered http://www.standardchartered.com/gm/index.html or Trust Bank http://www.trustbank.gm you can contact them for any enquiry. I use Trust Bank and have no complain.

Yes, Bayba is also a good alternative as Toubab suggested.

"Soldiers are experts at camouflage but that is on the battle field not the political one, were transparency is the watch word" Kaaniba

Edited by - Galo Sowe on 16 May 2006 18:19:05
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  18:27:51  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
toubab hi there, at present use bayba they are good, but the are limited outlets in gambia, i use serrunkda.
Also for me to go to Barclays pay cash phone babya get the reference and then phone gambia to give them ref all takes time. I was wondering if there was an alternative. Will look at standard chartered.
thank you
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  20:22:29  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Hi Jambo
I have tried Standard Chartered (Gambia ) ltd perhaps I was unlucky but everything appeared to be complicated and led to frustration,however that was sometime ago and maybe staff have changed and things are better,it did work though.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

inez

279 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  20:30:19  Show Profile Send inez a Private Message
trust bank is ok, just bring ur passport and 2 or 4 passport photos when u open the account. interest is good, it cost around 1000 dalasi to open it (or u need to save some in account when u open it) and 250 d I think when u close it. it took me 2-3 days to get the money from sweden to the trust bank,fees are not too high, opening hours are good. there is long queus sometimes but it´s still ok.
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  20:43:38  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
hi inez how are you, i will look into both of these accounts. thank you for the information.
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  22:34:17  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
I have used trust bank in Gambia. In uk I bank with first direct online. They are excellent ...you just make a phone call. The charge is £21.

I have used bayba too...... The office staff in Serekunda are very helpful and nice. I will definately use that again. They are good if you want a same day transfer...through the bank it takes time.

To open a trust bank account is very straightforward.....you just need 2 photos and your passport.
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  22:36:40  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
Oh and there is Western union too...you can do that from a post office in uk......to any western union place.....

The advantage of this is that the receiving person doesnt need a bank account..they just need a pass word from you and id. Also some western union places are open very late, so the same day transfer is easier to complete.
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  11:00:44  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
bev i think the charges you pay are fr too high, if i send 70 pounds i would hate to pay 21 in charges!! whaaa. I will still to Bayba and pay £5.00 for any transaction up £100.00. I wanted the bank account in Gambia to start to establish a presence. things are moving forward
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  15:36:24  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
Babya has a sliding scale...the bank charges £21 no matter what I send. It is very secure and the money can be traced.
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  19:23:26  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
Standard bank has accounts you can open in foreign currency and withdraw in foreign currency. Th minimum balance is abit high. However, this depends on how rich one is. I cannot afford the balance

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  19:25:44  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
Jambo.....whatever you do, dont put money in a Nigerian bank in Gambia!
Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  19:47:58  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
why not??
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  19:49:11  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
I was also going to ask

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  19:53:06  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
perhaps we should be more concerned with the British Bank in The Gambia siphoning its profits out of the country.

I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYBODY OF ANYTHING. OK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06