Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Just wondering kondorong
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jtdabrick

22 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2006 :  03:15:22  Show Profile  Visit jtdabrick's Homepage Send jtdabrick a Private Message
When are you going to stop banging your (excuse my wording) head on your keyboard brother kondorong. Am curious, how many keyboards have gone for the past couple months, I bet you those keyboard manufaturer$ are happy with you banging your head on keyboard. Keep up the good job, love reading posting. Please forgive me if I may offend you in anyways.

JT

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2006 :  04:43:29  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jtdabrick

When are you going to stop banging your (excuse my wording) head on your keyboard brother kondorong. Am curious, how many keyboards have gone for the past couple months, I bet you those keyboard manufaturer$ are happy with you banging your head on keyboard. Keep up the good job, love reading posting. Please forgive me if I may offend you in anyways.

JT

You have not offended him as he cracks his head doing a good job here. However sometimes Kons. do direct some offensive postings against an individual and particular group! No man is perfect and knowledge is in no ones dormain! In as much as we love Kons. we should advice him to desist from irrational thoughts and expensive jokes as we discuss political issues and protect his integrity, credibility, popularity and credentials as Bantaba reknown warrior, as I consider him to be of sound calibre and one of the intellectuals of this forum with his swift reactions, logical analysis, reviews and comments. There are rooms for development for all of us through our discussions. No hard feelings Kons. No hard feelings Kons., perhaps I should remind you to refer to one of the topics few days ago where you made some derogratory remarks about SALOUM SALOUM trying to rataliate or what kind of joke on tribal lines? Those remarks are all part of tribalism and racism and need to weed them out from our vocabulary for Gambians to progress.

Another shorthcoming is blowing your own trumpet Kons. in your declaration of having interest to take care of Education potfolio. The sky is the limit for you Kons. Continue what you are doing in politics and when the time comes things will happen. Don't exposed your ambitions to the public just downplay them my brother. Good luck Kons.

Edited by - kobo on 13 May 2006 12:31:02
Go to Top of Page

serenata

Germany
1400 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  13:11:04  Show Profile Send serenata a Private Message
I agree. Some of my opinions are different than kondorong's, but I love to read his intelligent, knowledgable and often wise postings; I learn a lot from them. I also have the deepest respect for him as Sankofa's father . Keep up the good work, kondorong, and don't stop banging your head - the method seems to stimulate clear thinking .
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  18:21:59  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kobo

quote:

JT

You have not offended him as he cracks his head doing a good job here. However sometimes Kons. do direct some offensive postings against an individual and particular group! No man is perfect and knowledge is in no ones dormain! In as much as we love Kons. we should advice him to desist from irrational thoughts and expensive jokes as we discuss political issues and protect his integrity, credibility, popularity and credentials as Bantaba reknown warrior, as I consider him to be of sound calibre and one of the intellectuals of this forum with his swift reactions, logical analysis, reviews and comments. There are rooms for development for all of us through our discussions. No hard feelings Kons. No hard feelings Kons., perhaps I should remind you to refer to one of the topics few days ago where you made some derogratory remarks about SALOUM SALOUM trying to rataliate or what kind of joke on tribal lines? Those remarks are all part of tribalism and racism and need to weed them out from our vocabulary for Gambians to progress.

Another shorthcoming is blowing your own trumpet Kons. in your declaration of having interest to take care of Education potfolio. The sky is the limit for you Kons. Continue what you are doing in politics and when the time comes things will happen. Don't exposed your ambitions to the public just downplay them my brother. Good luck Kons.

You are right Kobo. I am human and do make mistakes. Please call me to attention when i cross that line. I am more than happy to be corrected. You see some of my postigs are by design. I take a line of writing to provoke debate. I sometimes use reverse psychology to get to some things i want discussed.

Really i am not tribalistic and i have many friends across all the tribes. I have blood realtions across all the tribes the Gambia. I have a lot my firnds in grade school who were manajago.

In keeping with Bantaba traditions, sometimes you raise the stakes and the debate becomes intense. I grew up around a bantaba in our Village and you could hear BANATBA BE DOORING.

Sorry if i stepped on the toes of some people. As to the issue of Fana Fana, i did caution reader about the terms beacuse it is sensitive. Infact Njuks asked why i was apologising for using the terms. i lived in saloum for 6 years and honestly, i speak better wollof than Mandinka.

Sorry guys its just a debate.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Edited by - kondorong on 30 Oct 2006 22:20:17
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  19:18:55  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
please All

I have no political ambitions and certainly not interested in it. I like debates and have always been a memeber of our debating society at both Armitage, Kuntaur and Gambia High(Social studies Club). I like to talk and teach and will certainly love to teach when i finally go home.

The classroom is the best place for me and i think i can make more impact to the society there than anywhere else. I LIKE TO TEACH AND THERE IS A LOT OF SATISFACTION FOR ME.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  21:44:35  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
JARAMAA KONDORONG

There is no god but Allah
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  21:56:52  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
HONO PINDON

Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  22:03:10  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:

quote:

JT

LAMBA GI TANGANA

You remind me of a character in The Lion and the Jewel, an educated African who was very good at using high-sounding words on end. (laugh)

On a more serious note, i need to revisit your posting, as I do not agree what you have said above.

1. I am not trying to build an image to be liked. I don’t want to be liked because i am very comfortable with myself. I don’t need any recognition to move on. I have dealt with that many years ago. I hate COMFORMITY, which unfortunately is what we grew up to learn. I like to be myself in all cases.

2. I am not irrational. The problem is Kobo, i like the arts and i don’t think you will appreciate my style of writing and i do not intend to have a following here on Bantaba. May be you needed to tell me where i had irrational thoughts. The problem is i always speak my mind NO MATTER WHAT. I DONT HIDE MY FEELINGS AND I THINK THAT IS GENUINE.

3. You accused me of being derogatory about Saloum Saloum. Can you come up with the evidence? That way i will be able to know where the problem lies. I don’t like to generalize. Be more specific. I used words like HIEW, GOUTA, BENTI etc. These words are not DEROGATORY and if you want me to “translate” it into "MODERN" WOLLOF I can do that. May be my wollof is too strong and it needed to be diluted. I was not retaliating because I was not offended by anyone. I don’t like to retaliate but challenge.

4. If i had any political ambition, i would declare it now. I will never hide what my plans. IF I FAIL, I ALWAYS TELL MYSELF THAT IT IS BEACUSE I DID NOT TRY HARDER AND NOT BLAME OTHERS. If my memory serves me right, Abraham Lincoln used to have the highest record of loosing elections before he became President. He ran for many political positions and failed. He did not give up and now is one of the most revered people in American politics. I BELIEVE THAT THE ABILITY TO RISE AFTER EVERY FALL IS WHAT DIFFERENTIATES THE "SUCCCESSFUL" AND THE MASSES. There is only one major secret to success and that is being different. This is because in almost every sphere of influence or work of life, those who are called successful are in the minority and therefore, FOLLOWING the CROWD is a recipe for failure. ONE HAS TO THINK OUT OF THE BOX AND BE PREPAREDD TO BE CALLED NAMES BEFORE YOU CAN SEE THE END OF THE JOURNEY.

5. What is wrong in me saying that I would like to work in the education ministry when I go back home? I have a right like any Gambian to chart my destiny and I am as focused as a bullet in flight. I enjoy teaching and therefore will continue with my newfound desire to teach. Less you forget or needed reminding, I taught both at High School and Secondary. In fact I tried the Gambia College for the HTC and was placed on a waiting list even though I had all credits at the Sixth Form, did three months summer classes at the college. I would have been a teacher if I had not been summarily denied admission. I still don’t know why I could not get a place since there were others who had Secondary School Certificates and were allowed to continue the program. May be I was not connected enough.

6. You also accused me of blowing my trumpet. Yes I do and I am proud of. I only do so when my integrity is being attacked just like you have done. As to the reason, I will refer you to Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe on the African saying on the Agama Lizard and the high Iroko tree. Or may be, Dalton1 will save you some time.

Go to Top of Page

LEMON TIME

Afghanistan
1295 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  22:39:46  Show Profile Send LEMON TIME a Private Message
Dan nel kaaco kondorong.HehehEE

There is no god but Allah
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  22:55:05  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
HAI HAKUTEEY. PANTAL NAKO. WAAYE KOBO DAFA AM GALAJE TEH NYEMEH. LAMBA JI KHUMBANA

(Let there be peace. I have locked my legs behind him. however, Kobo has a lot of amulets and he is a brave man. The wrestlig match is very tense.)

Edited by - kondorong on 15 May 2006 23:34:31
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  02:17:50  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Thanks for clarifying some points and dispelling some of my concerns over certain remarks and postings made by you. Now I do understand better your flexibility, art of writing skills and spiced by characters and roles play. However I would seek further clarifications on the derogatory remarks later as am very exhausted today. Debate is still on hold professor Kons.

I repeat again Kons, am impressed with your potentials and the sky is the limit for you! Good luck.

Edited by - kobo on 16 May 2006 02:59:52
Go to Top of Page

ylowe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  08:16:26  Show Profile Send ylowe a Private Message
Kobo and Kondorong
Kobo got "galaje" so be careful kondorong. laugh guys
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  09:07:16  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ylowe

Kobo and Kondorong

Its already a clash of the titans!
Go to Top of Page

Galo Sowe

Sweden
116 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  17:57:41  Show Profile Send Galo Sowe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kobo... perhaps I should remind you to refer to one of the topics few days ago where you made some derogratory remarks about SALOUM SALOUM trying to rataliate or what kind of joke on tribal lines? Those remarks are all part of tribalism and racism and need to weed them out from our vocabulary for Gambians to progress.
Can you come with the evidence of Kondorong being derogatory about Saloum Saloum. I might have missed that posting and I want you to enlighten me.

I have respect for both of you and don't want any of you loosing his/her intergrity because of any false accusation or being tribalist towards fellow humans. I hope I am not asking too much Kobo?

"Soldiers are experts at camouflage but that is on the battle field not the political one, were transparency is the watch word" Kaaniba
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  18:03:37  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
Kobo, Kondorong, like the debate, very intelligent and informative.
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  18:55:09  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ylowe

Kobo and Kondorong

Its already a clash of the titans!

Kobo

I am just your junior and please dont bombard me. I have already been bombarded by Hurricane Katrina. You are really great. have you thought about writing a book? You have a passion to go on and on.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06