Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Help with Immigration
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bantaba

Switzerland
61 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2006 :  16:39:50  Show Profile Send bantaba a Private Message
I am in the process of helping my cousin who is in England to be allowed to stay and work full time. He came in to UK with a student visa, few years later his wife also followed him. She is also has a student visa. They now have a six month old baby who is born in UK; I think he would possibly be a UK citizen. I provided the home office with affidavit of support and also my bank account statement. My cousin just called me informing me that the Home Office wants my account number on my bank statement. I am not comfortable giving out my account numbers and social security number to strangers. I mean anyone at the home office can basically get hold of my banking information and God knows what they will do. It is really difficult to trust strangers in this day and times with such sensitive information. Maybe someone on the bantaba has been through similar issue and if that is correct maybe someone can enlighten me with the issue concerning the account number. I really want to help my cousin but I need assurance that no one is going to tamper with my account. Any suggestion on how to handle this situation, is it safe to provide my account number to the home office

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  00:22:01  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Hi Bantaba,

I don't really see how you can get around not giving the Home Office your bank account details otherwise they will think you have something to hide and that in itself will jepordize your relatives' stay in the UK

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  08:52:24  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
I agree with sister omega, think about a bank statement with no bank account number. this must look strange.
Go to Top of Page

mamag

28 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  16:49:26  Show Profile Send mamag a Private Message
what is the process of getting a student visa anyway and how long does it take???
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  16:56:15  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
it depends are where you are, if you are bringing them to the uk you have to complete a form at the UK embassy, and the the relevant country representative in gambia, ie US embassy to go to USA. it is not complicated but it is time consuming. If I remember rightly you have to prove you are a UK resident financial soluable and of sound character the fees where not high about £30.00 i think.
not to sure how it works in Europe
Go to Top of Page

mamag

28 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  17:09:48  Show Profile Send mamag a Private Message
jambo, are you in the U.S.A. i woould love to immigrate there in the future.
Go to Top of Page

bantaba

Switzerland
61 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  18:28:02  Show Profile Send bantaba a Private Message
Thanks for your enlightenment sister Omega and Jambo. I think what I would do is give my account number to my cousin and if they happen to ask him for it during the appointment he can provide it to them. I think that is better than sending the account information directly to the Home Office going from one individual to another. Is this a feasible solution?
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2006 :  18:55:42  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Hi Bantaba,

It is normal procedure for the Home Office to ask for original copies of your bank statement, and there should be some security checks in place to protect your account from unauthorisized access. Bantabaa maybe if your worried about the security of your account you can voice your concerns to your bank, if you need further reassurance. However the more you delay sending in your bank statements, the more damage you will do to your relatives case.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2006 :  17:56:06  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
mamag, not sure what happened to my reply but read the education forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06