Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Bantaba Update: The black out!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

admin

130 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  11:00:16  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage Send admin a Private Message
Hi All,
Sorry for the inconveniences if you visited Bantaba the last two days (22 to 23/11/2008)in vain.

Unfortunately we lost some data of an entire forum during maintenance and it has now cost us a Tobaski ram to restore the latest backup which is from the 14th November 2008. Nonetheless, we have data from almost all forums until the 22nd November and most of those postings will gradually be re-posted again by the Administrator. Alternatively, a link to our test forum will also be provided later today where members can go and copy their messages and re-post them here.

All new members who subscribed after the 14th have to re-register in order to post.

Welcome back.

admin

130 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  18:36:01  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage Send admin a Private Message
Check more information at the members only forum.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  20:03:44  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Mawdo Momodou et al

Welcome back Bantaba!

It is not easy to manage and maintain, hence not a temporal project. The many latest visits were greeted with the message that indicated that site was being worked on.

Please accept my sincere appreciation of your continuous committment in keeping us informed about the forum. The same crown extended to all of Bantaba's galant contributors & readers.

Aluta continua, aluta!

rgds,
Dalton

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Edited by - Dalton1 on 24 Nov 2008 20:06:15
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  21:15:20  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Yero, thanks for the encouraging words. Maintaining the site is no more a hobby but a necessity.

BTW, we have not seen postings from you lately but it’s good to see that you are around.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  21:26:15  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Thank you Momodou for such great efforts.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  21:59:45  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Thanks Karamba. I guess you have to rewind your discussions with the yeah sayers because we have unfortunately lost all the topics on the Gambia politics forum from the 14th to 22nd November.

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  22:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Mawdo Momodou,

rightly put!

The break for me is a 'pause'. Worries that our struggle might be deeply wounded. The healing process is a painful one, and such thoughts has feebled all my bones. Thoughts of fear and hope. Hope that all that is being done will change the minds of those paddling the ship of the state. Fear that we might be fighting a long and lost battle. How do I compromise all these? See, I must confess being pluged in a pool of thoughts. completely, I have turned from an optimist to a pessimist. All these, combined with the busy family life, has just sent me packing. You know, the mention of 'patience' alone will not bring patience. What encourages our patience to condone the pain, is seeing some progress in the state of affairs. yesterday, I was stunned and dizzled to death ten times, as I sat infront of a visitor from the Gambia, who shared some of the horrors observed under the jammeh administration. At once I imaginarily felt my hair falling off my head or growing grey. How dare??

Nonetheless, I am taking my time, scanning on some best-read topics everywhere, not reading too much to hurt myself more than any of us has been hurt already. I only hope time is on our side as we yearn for a presidential election in 2011, in the Gambia which is truly at the corner. Also, I have completely lost the pateince of a people in 'self-denial' of the existing situation in the Gambia, whether done to distract, divide us more, or just done for the sake of doing. To that, I seek refuge in God from the rejected Saitan and his evil accomplices.

Thanks for your observation. We take pride in your good work here always. One can revive a lot here with some of the encouraging topics, when all seemed gloomed. These are times when silence might be a little golden, as try-n-error. One could be totally wrong. Being silent, I agree, is very dangerous when we are faced with the situation at hand. During the time, I devoted to revising some interesting reads of books, manuals and other cultures.

Sincerely Always,
Dalton

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Edited by - Dalton1 on 24 Nov 2008 23:21:43
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  23:26:40  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Brother Dalton1,

You are already on the winning platform. Your slice of good beef already made an impact you may not have noticed. Every slot of information is vital to this crusade. The tyrant has to go. With dirty politics, vote counts may not tally well. But, yes, be positive. You are closer to a solution. Do not stay away. Keep posting. Pass on the poems. Add your weight to get this sinking APRC vessel drown. They are doomed for good.

Karamba

Edited by - Karamba on 24 Nov 2008 23:30:12
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2008 :  23:37:58  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
I think this is all Karamba's Fault, I can't doubt it. Next time Karamba you are going down..............................Peace
quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

Thanks Karamba. I guess you have to rewind your discussions with the yeah sayers because we have unfortunately lost all the topics on the Gambia politics forum from the 14th to 22nd November.

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

The GPU wants Me Hunted Down for what I don't know .....
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  01:48:27  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Bro moe,

I like your postings on preparing the oppositions for 2011. After a jammeh era, I will love to see you and brother karamba wrestle in physical.

bro karamba,

Thanks for your encourament always. I take pride in all of you, especially your many brave postings.

Rgds all,
Dalton

Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  09:19:42  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Unfortunately we lost some data of an entire forum during maintenance and it has now cost us a Tobaski ram to restore the latest backup ............

Momodou, i think the Bantaba needs a bailout too! maybe someone has 700GB stimulus package somewhere!
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  09:39:41  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Njucks, you are right. 350GB will do for now and the another 350GB the in the begining of next year. At least thats the norm these days.

Go to Top of Page

mansasulu

997 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  15:19:45  Show Profile Send mansasulu a Private Message
Couldn't thank you enough for a splendid job Koto Mo.

"...Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest..." Sura Al-Rad (Chapter 13, Verse 28)

...Gambian by birth, Muslim by the grace of Allah...
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  21:02:08  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Moe,

Don't you think we are being over-powered by magic forces of Kanilai. This time not technical hacking but by force of Kanilai devil power !!!

Karamba

Edited by - Karamba on 26 Nov 2008 21:40:57
Go to Top of Page

kondorong

Gambia
4380 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2008 :  00:24:55  Show Profile Send kondorong a Private Message
Karamba

You never know. The magic water works remotely.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2008 :  06:22:32  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Some of us paid a goat for some special "TULL", Karamba no amount of magic sprinkles will work on us. AsK Kond's about the special "TULL" on the bantaba ...........................................................Peace
quote:
Originally posted by Karamba

Moe,

Don't you think we are being over-powered by magic forces of Kanilai. This time not technical hacking but by force of Kanilai devil power !!!

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

The GPU wants Me Hunted Down for what I don't know .....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06