Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Gambians Take Cover Sam Sarr Firing Tribal Bullets
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ebou4th

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  06:08:21  Show Profile Send ebou4th a Private Message
Gambians take cover Sam firing Tribal bullets again!

Have Gambians seen the end of Sam Sarr or is he beginning to show us his true colors. When people from all over the globe are working hard to heal and live past their shameful history, Gambians are cherishing our ability to live in peace and tolerance. But wait we have a citizen by the name of Sam Sarr who has a different mission; many Gambians do not understand what Sam’s mission is and they are not alone. What ever his agenda is I guarantee Gambians he will fail in the same manner he failed Gambians on July 22nd 1994.

Lamin Darboe asked “What benefit does our beloved Nation The Gambia and Gambians at this juncture gain from revisiting our tribal past other than fanning the flames of tribal discord. Could readers help me to decipher the rational behind Mr. Sarr's scheming diatribe, is it frustration, boredom, anguish or a masqueraded attempt to reincarnate himself”.

My brother I will help you decipher what I think the disgraced Sam Sarr’s intentions are; right after the September 11 attacks by terrorists who intended to spark a religious war between the U.S and the moderate Islamic world, nearly all American Officials knew better than take the bait. Ann Coulter a conservative commentator wrote in a syndicated column on September 12 “we should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity” In another event while promoting her book Godless, Coulter criticized the 9/11 widows and she suggested that the widows are enjoying their husband’s deaths. These comments helped sell her books in record numbers due in part to her outrageous and nonsensical comments.

Why would some one in their right mind make outrageous comments like these without a motive? Is it possible that our now famous self retired, am sorry; fired and disgraced Sam Sarr is taking a page from Ann Coulter’s book? Is it possible that Sam Sarr has embarked on a publicity stunt to attract name attention that will help sell his ill fated book Coup d’etat by the Gambia national Army? If a man is so low that he assumes false title and so unprepared to conduct research that he falsely accuses a fellow citizen of obtaining a fake degree, why should any one read his book? Should we not expect flawed research and hear say from his book?

I am resorting to this rational because I do not understand for the life of me why a mature person with his experience will work so hard to destroy our chariest quality of tolerance. Due to our historical ties and intermarriages such tolerance could only be found in the Senegambia region. Not only did he author an article made up of flawed research and misleading information that seeks to divide Mandinkas and Wollofs, he continues to try to defend such nonsense in the name of intellectual pursuit after so many Gambians challenged him and caution him about the dangerous path he is driving us. How can so many people be wrong on this topic and only Sam Sarr is right? I comb the internet everyday to see one article that supports his article but I have yet to come across one. Is this because Gambians are not as stupid as Sam thinks we are? I will advise Mr to learn how to conduct proper research that is base on facts before embarking on intellectual pursuit. Sam comes across as a baby every times he rants on the internet. He should try to find his pacifier and stop trying to divide Mandinkas and Wollofs.

All Gambians should ask why is this fired and disgraced former Army Officer hell bent on driving a wedge between Mandinkas and Wollofs when his last name cannot be associated to either of the tribes he is laboring so hard to divide? Does he consider himself a Wollof am asking this question because is last name is from a Sayrail (sp) tribe. What does the Country gain form such nonsense he calls an intellectual discussion? Shouldn’t an intellectual discussion constitute proper research not I was once mistreated by such and such?

The self retired Sam Sarr stated that Dr Manneh’s PHD degree was fake and he was proven to be a liar, he fervently believes he is a retired military officer and he was exposed to the whole world as a fake disgraced and fired military officer.

When will we stop paying him attention and stop playing his attention seeking game? The sooner Gambians ignore him and start treating him like the nobody he is the sooner he will stop this absolute nonsense. The mare fact that he is a fired military officer who parades his military uniform all over the internet should tell us that he has issues about loosing his one time high level position. More than likely Sam needs therapy to come to terms with the fact that he is a no body in America and needs to get over his former position. I have seem many military officers who seeked help to get over the fact that they have to live in a world that they will have no one to command.

There are many serious issues that Gambians need to address and I do not think Tribalism is one of these issue, so please Sam go and seek help, you cannot divide Gambians. I pray for Mandinkas to continue jovially calling Wollofs suruwaridingo and the Wollofs to continue jovially saying to Mandinkas susek du susal ken. This is the Gambia I know and remembered and decent Gambians will make it a point of duty not to allow any one divide us.

The longer we stand as a nation of people who see themselves as a tolerant nation that consists of different tribes and not tribes that are forced to lived together due to colonialism the longer we will live in peace and avoid the tribal conflicts in other parts of the Africa. This is the Gambian that was passed down to us from our fathers and all decent Gambians should choose elect and defend to hand a nation that cherishes tolerance to our children.

“Revolutions are brought about by men, by men who think as men of action and act as men of thought.”

Kwame Nkrumah

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  08:13:16  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
EBOU4, very rational arguements there. but sadly there are some gambian who believe in sam's stories. if we are to open-up all issues regarding minor comments deemed tribal which gambain tribe wil escape such scrutiny? the man is a waste of space. he is a loner. you know this man use to be relevant once, so imagine his current situation. he is an old ex-military who never fought any war, so all his ranks are desk officer ranks and titles, whilst in the u.s the average lt.colonel must merit such a title. soldiers are seen to be brave men and women .but not saam or sham ,he is a big baby. yeah mandinkas call fanafan this ,that .but what comments do urban wollofs refer to rural wollof dwellers? the man is deluded.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kaanibaa

United Kingdom
1169 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  15:02:37  Show Profile Send kaanibaa a Private Message
Like ebou4th said this is a display of a lonely person desirous of attention .Whilst it is clear that he is no wollof its also clear that Sam Sarr dons the title of wollof and so wages a war albeit a war of words against a particular tribe in the name of the wollof. We all witnessed this and what i said before was that singularly pointing out at the mandinka for such a vicarious behavior is criminal and immature.In this arena he seems not to be sided by any other wollof so we can just let him rant on as he is right now doing. A personality defect might be the cause of his behavior and this might explain his continuous writings on the net .No amount of useless propaganda on his part can win Sam any goals in his rabid attacks against the mandinka who are our brethren .We condemn his acts of tribal vilification and shame on him .That is if he has any shame at all.Can we there fore just ignore him.

Edited by - kaanibaa on 08 Feb 2008 15:08:22
Go to Top of Page

mbay

Germany
1007 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  20:44:46  Show Profile Send mbay a Private Message

By ebou4th
The longer we stand as a nation of people who see themselves as a tolerant nation that consists of different tribes and not tribes that are forced to lived together due to colonialism the longer we will live in peace and avoid the tribal conflicts in other parts of the Africa. This is the Gambian that was passed down to us from our fathers and all decent Gambians should choose elect and defend to hand a nation that cherishes tolerance to our children.

Thank you,ineed great!
this is exactly what we have to stand for.There is nothing better than state of felicitously.

by Santa.
but sadly there are some gambian who believe in sam's stories. if we are to open-up all issues regarding minor comments deemed tribal which gambain tribe wil escape such scrutiny

good point bro.another thing to mention is that the man is author, probable there is more who may read. Yes we lucky today that It is not possible to fool all the at the same time but still we should give attention to a alarming like this.

I just dont get his affliction, No leason to learn.
The best thing is that we just have to paralyzed it.

By Kannibaa:
In this arena he seems not to be sided by any other wollof so we can just let him rant on as he is right now doing.

Let them please continue so and boycott every negativity!
Even if it is there why is he screwing it up so?, Is this a vengeance to our nation?, for what price then?. where is the antetype and no more paradigms?.I hope this is not just like get a rich or die.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06