Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 FODAY MAKALO RESURFACES: Was he dead?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  07:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Gainako now safely reports that Mr. Foday Makalo, former APRC Bureau administrative Secretary is alive.

http://www.gainako.com/

Dalton

This is an honor for us at Gainako to interact in this forum with all readers and contributors that share views with us. We are not here to seek name or add hits. We passed that, but the promise we made to Momodou & George Sarr (GPost) at Gainako's birth (press release) was that she [Gainako] is a sister to these forums. We will stay here as a sign of gratefulness and appreciation for the space provided time and again.

Gainako’s Press Release
.................................................................Posted september 12th, 2006

It is with great pleasure that we notify the general public that the long awaited Gainako is now operational,
with its main headquarters in Minnesota and Wisconsin. For now, Gainako is online based, and we are
working on having it print.

We thank all our wide readership and good wishers whose motivational factors contributed immensely towards our
existence. We are also grateful to all those that gave us space time and again without censorship. We will still be forwarding
our pieces to Bantaba (www.camara.dk), also Gambia post mailing list, and notably we thank Momodou Camara, George
Sarr and all others that constantly provided space to our pieces. Not forgetting the editors of Freedom, All Gambian, The
Echo, the Point, and the Gambia Journal, whom we interacted greatly in the past, and still continue to do. We are also
happily riding comfortably on the camel’s back of our webmaster.

We humbly entrust the affairs of Gainako in the Hands of Almighty God, and we are certain that God will always be by our
side.

Sincerely,
Gainako Management.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  07:57:10  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

Bronx

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  14:55:33  Show Profile Send Bronx a Private Message
Yero,

I hate to tell ya, but the rumor that Foday Makalo lives in Mali is really old. He has been rumored sighted in Spain as well. I hope you got more information than that. But if you insist on putting your reputation online for a rumor as such...well be my guest.

Edited by - Bronx on 28 Dec 2007 14:56:15
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  16:11:24  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Bronx,

Get on your feet now. I am offering to share with you the same answer I gave to other concerned Gambians at the Gambia-L and Gambia post, respectfully. You even had more, including a cell phone to call and know more.

Here is a deal between you and me. Do your findings and whenever get any information, just post it here for readers. From my part, the same thing. That would be the mature stand point. Eventually, it is the truth that will survive time.

Note: If any family member of the guy is reading and choose to contact me, my door is open to them.

Find my reply to Bailo at the Gambia-L:

"It's a highly pleasant surprise to learn from you that Foday Makalo has resurfaced back from the dead? that he is alive and kicking out there in Mali. The Gainako is therefore urged to get to the bottom of this incredible story line. " Bailo.

Bailo, it won't be only Gainako urged to get to the bottom. It should be all concerned individuals. In turn we are urging everyone to forward information because papers depend on credible information. Meanwhile Gainako submitted a request as noted on the piece to talk with Foday. If this materializes, then it would arrest the nagging mystery even more. Apart, when will it be news or when will it be stale? I have sat on this story for over year. My source is very credible. It is someone who talks to him; someone whose father shares the same parents with Foday; someone who I have known for a long time and talks to timely. He won't have a reason to lie about his blood uncle. I am sure there must be people here who know his sons or wife, et cetera. Those people can be of valuable information too.

"Were it to be confirmed that Makalo is still alive then the former APRC spokesman and Divisonal Commissioner, Alagie Kanteh, should brace himself for some explanation upon his allegation that Makalo was murdered and buried on the farm of Chief Tobora Manneh. "Bailo

That's the story we all heard then, not only from Kanteh. He should update himself that Foday is now alive. Until we talk to Foday, let us all follow the links about his sons also. I am satisfied that the man is alive thus my courage to push the story. I was also aware of the 'question marks' it posed.

Bailo: Biddoh koto-magkoh koh jenjidoh amm, ghaa saree.

Dalton

Go to Top of Page

Bronx

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  16:33:05  Show Profile Send Bronx a Private Message
Yero,
You gave me your cell phone number to call not Foday's number. What do I gain from calling you? If Makalo is alive...that is a wonderful thing. But I have heard of the Mali and Spain rumors for a number of years to believe them. Plus you didn't see or spoke to the man. How you can be so sure of the information you are peddling here is beyond me.

You made the proclamation that Makalo is alive, but turn around and say that you have to do the ground work to talk to him to make sure. Do you see the dilema as a journalist? Do you consider the fact that your source might be wrong? Because if you do, you would have solid evidence before going on a limb like this. Due diligence in journalism demands as much of its practioners.

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2007 :  00:40:30  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
(Courtesy of Gainako)

www.gainako.com/

By Yero Jallow

FODAY MAKALO RESURFACES: Was he dead?

Impeccable sources reaching Gainako confirmed that Foday Makalo, former APRC Bureau
Administrative Secretary is alive and healthy. It was this paper's stand point to talk to Mr. Makalo
first, after such alleged rumors that he was murdered and buried in Barra, before publishing the said
story. Gainako is working out a deal to talk to Mr. Makalo himself for him to break the long silence.
Meanwhile our source of the information would have to communicate with Mr. Makalo to see if he
will okay an interview with Gainako.

According to the reputable source who happens to be a family member through blood lineage with
Mr. Foday Makalo, that his uncle [Mr. Foday Makalo] is alive and he communicates with him timely.
He further added that Mr. Makalo lives in Mali, West Africa.

"This is not a hidden secrete. I was in the Gambia when the rumor was rife but that it is not true
because we talk to Foday." He noted.

Further, our source hinted about Mr. Makalo's three sons; one living in Maryland, one living in
Germany and another in Switzerland.

When the source was quizzed by Gainako's editor about his relation with Mr. Makalo, he said "My
father shares the same parents with Foday." The author of this piece also shared high school class with
another one of the Makalo family, now residing in North Carolina whose father also shares the same
parents with Mr. Makalo.

It should be recalled that Mr. Makalo's political life came to a halt in the late eighties, when he was
arrested in England under the allegation of trafficking narcotics under diplomatic cover. Following this
setback Mr. Makalo virtually faded into political obscurity untill the faithful event of July 1994 that
rejuvenate his political life.

Having being appointed the APRC Bureau Administrative Secretary Mr. Makalo disappeared on a
broad day light. Since then, mystery surrounded his circumstantial whereabouts. Rumor was rife at the
time that he was killed and buried in Barra, The Gambia by the the regime he was serving, a trend not
new to Gambians since 1994, when a young military leader, Yaya Jammeh ascended to power
through an overthrow that ousted the PPP Government. Still others claims sighting him in Paris,
London, even South Africa. Mr. Makalo hails from Badibou Saba and was a close affiliate of the
NCP party headed by the aging political veteran Mr. Sheriff Mustapha Dibba.

By all indications, Gainako is here to report that Mr. Foday Makalo is alive. It remains to be seen his
situation will well be remembered and better captioned as "A dead man back to life." Gainako will
continue to monitor the story and update on developments. It is unknown at the time what his fears are
for fleeing the Gambia however his silenced up to now simply lend credence to the allegation by the
APRC government that Mr. Makalo is involved in financial impropriety hence the reasons why he
absconded. Meanwhile we are appealing to his family to share more information with us about him
because Foday's resurface is good news to all Gambians and that the matter should be handled
beyond individual interest.

Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  05:42:15  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bronx

Yero,
You gave me your cell phone number to call not Foday's number. What do I gain from calling you? If Makalo is alive...that is a wonderful thing. But I have heard of the Mali and Spain rumors for a number of years to believe them. Plus you didn't see or spoke to the man. How you can be so sure of the information you are peddling here is beyond me.

You made the proclamation that Makalo is alive, but turn around and say that you have to do the ground work to talk to him to make sure. Do you see the dilema as a journalist? Do you consider the fact that your source might be wrong? Because if you do, you would have solid evidence before going on a limb like this. Due diligence in journalism demands as much of its practioners.

Bronx, you are right the burden of proof is on my brother Yero to clear the doubts of the readers. While I fully support his right to publish the story as a reporter, it is also the responsibility of the source of the story to facilitate the final communication between the reporter and Mr. Makalo.

However, do not be surprise if they decide to fade away and not cooperate in fully disclosing the where abouts of this guy. I hope Yero's source will be bold enough to communicate with mr. Makalo and link Yero appropriately.

It is equally Mr. Makalo and the families' responsibility to clear the air for citizens who stood so bravely and publicly to express their dismay on his disappearance. He should come out and assure everyone who showed him love and concern that he is alive and well. Sometimes, we owe our fellow citizens that duty to not leave them in suspense and doubt.

So in this spirit, I challenge both the source and Mr. Makalo himself to break the long awaited silence to his fellow citizens who are so ancious to hear from him. In his case, his family becomes the entire Gambian population.

On a final note, Yero is doing his journalistic duties to break stories that are of relevants to the Gambian people. Sometimes such stories can be settled other times they remain unclear. I salute Yero for his courage in attempt to bring closure to this otherwise one time horrendous story of disappearance.

Happy New Year...

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11521 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  17:11:11  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Dalton, I have also got confirmation from a relative of Mr. Makalo that he is alive but the person decline to inform his location.
I think those who had spread the information in the first place that Foday Makalo was killed and buried in Mr. Tabora Manneh’s garden somewhere in Nuimi owe an apology to the entire families of both Mr. Makalo and Mr. Manneh.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  17:33:00  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Mawdo Momodou,

Thank you very much for confirming the story. Actually, I sat on it for a long time, monitoring developments on it, from stage to stage, just making sure I could catch any inconsistency from my source who happens to be my friend. To my surprise, it was just him telling me what is true about his family member.

Though he resides in Mali as his kin noted, it is believed that he is moving around (not confirmed yet), hence the allegations that he is seen everywhere makes a lot of sense to me. Our source is working hard to facilitate an interview with the man.

It is for history to be fed with the right information. If Jammeh didn't commit the crime, it is a sin to put it on his forehead. If he did, it is a reward for us to put it on his forehead in our quest for a just and peaceful world.

If this story turns out not true, I will humbly submit my resignation to Gainako-inshallahu.

Happy near year to you Momodou, all your family of kin and the Bantaba family. Perhaps on a new year 2008, it is mild to thank you for this informative site, that like Madiba said, you might underate but remains one of the the most inspirational forums of time.

Edited by - Dalton1 on 02 Jan 2008 12:20:34
Go to Top of Page

Bronx

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  18:32:42  Show Profile Send Bronx a Private Message
Baldeh wrote:

Bronx, you are right the burden of proof is on my brother Yero to clear the doubts of the readers.

That was my contention from the get go. However Yero took it in emotionally on another thread and swung at me with abusive language. I didn't reciprocate, because it is futile and childish to be hauling insults at each other on a public forum. Journalism requires due diligence, or it becomes tabloidy.

No hard feelings Dalton. I hope makalo is alive and you get a chance to speak to him and inform the rest of us.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  00:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Bronx...No hard feelings Dalton. I hope makalo is alive and you get a chance to speak to him and inform the rest of us.

Bronx,

Happy new year to you. Equally, no heart feelings from my end. I long since moved on.We have better wars to fight. Good speed from your end! Indeed, so manly!I apologize for my tempers as well. I just felt that there is a breaking point on things, especially after I mildly said it's a debate -all to opine on it. You are still welcome to contact me (If you want to. It was uttered out of humbleness), and will share more information, hopefully you can be instrumental in gettings things going for all of us.

One Gambia, One people, one love!
Dalton

Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2008 :  06:56:11  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
Bronx and Dalton1/Yero, you two are a class act. At the end of the day mature people let their conscience dictate the tempo and allow genuine intellectual exchange of information. You have demonstrated that we have more agenda to unite around than engage in fruitless exchanges.

We are making history in these forums like bantaba. Trust me my brothers we are closer in heart today than ever before in our history. These small exchanges of ideas are more meaningful than we know. Just imagine Dalton and Bronx meeting in person and introducing each other. The love and bond is already there and it will strengthen day by day.

I know there were people I exchanged bitter articles on our political differences but today when I called some and talk for hours. They call me when they need something I can facilitate from my end. At the end of the day its all love from mother Gambia. We are beautiful people in our souls and hearts.

Keep the peace always....

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  00:14:53  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/mid/367/newsid367/2885/Breaking-News-The-Big-Interview-Former-Army-Spokesman-Captain-Alhagie-Kanteh-Speaks-Kanteh-Accuses-Jammeh-of-planning-to-kill-him/Default.aspx

Bantaba Readers!!

Gainako is now vindicated over a story we carried about Mr. Foday Makalo.

I thought it imperative to share Pa Nderry's interview with Mr. Kanteh.

I am happy for Mr. Makalo and his family.

I thank Mr. Kanteh and Pa Nderry for the courage to share about Mr. Makalo.

News can only come from reliable people, then it should be taken seriously.

Either way, those that believe in a true Gambia; a Gambia where the truth is dispensed must continue to do so. At the end of the day, only the truth will emerge.

Sincerely,

Dalton...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06