Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Attitudinal Change
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  11:38:52  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message

Greetings Everyone

There is a growing consensus in Africa that the old system of family members taking it easy whilst other hardworking successful members of the family provide for them needs to change.

Yes there is a proverb that says charity begins st home but not to the extent of it becoming extortion. The work ethic is lacking in many and it seems that Gambia success will lay in its productivity. Every person has something to contribute to society. Development lays in self-development and it is important to encourage and motivate people into having a cando attitude rather than I can't do nothing one.

The custom of relying onsuccessful family members to provide for the rest of the extended family is outdated and that more people should be encouraged to work become self-sufficient. It's only through trying can individuals achieve their goals, and it is going to take individuals to build the nation. Every family and community is made up of individuals. Each individual has his or her own abilities to be of use to their family and society. It up to those individual whether or not it will be a positive productive one or a negative unproductive one. Africa's progress lays in the productivity of its people.

Yes there are so many productive and positive people who are trying to make their dreams a reality, others who have succeeded and some have failed but at least all of them have tried to better themselves and in turn their families. But a lot of others would have got much further if families pulled together than pulling apart. This is not just an African story but a Global one.

I think now Gambian people are starting explore greater possibilities especially as education has been the key to developing the nation on many different fronts.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  12:49:37  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sister Omega

Greetings Everyone

There is a growing consensus in Africa that the old system of family members taking it easy whilst other hardworking successful members of the family provide for them needs to change.
Sister I agree with you totally, this visit has done you good you are able to see clearly now! Your proposition is fine, only one trouble,there are no jobs, I suppose that those without jobs could work for themselves,yes that the answer SKILLS training, Plumbers,Plasterers,Bricklayers,roofers,.............no that wouldn't work, Gambians are not Polish are they! (UK joke about all the plumbers are now Polish and getting all the work and charging half the price the locals just got too greedy and now are out of work,or work for half the pay they used to get or work twice as hard,they dont like that!)

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  13:09:31  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Toubab I am well conversed with the Polish joke working within the employability sector in Britain. However construction is a growing sector in Gambia and a programme of apprenticeships would be beneficial to say the least. Gambia is developing its Skill training programme and will need further assistance in upgrading its training and development sector by creating new employment. Nepotism is a major obstacle which is stagnating growth, and Gambia has been hit hard by the border closure in 2005. The Transit, Customs and Review need to be resolved to enable commodity prices to go down Coupled with a revaluation of the foreign exchange rate. The Dalasis which has become high at an alarming rate without proper consultation with big business in the rexport trade. Inflation is too high for basic commodities therefore the sooner the Senegal and Gambia talks on resolving trade issues goes ahead positively for the benefit of all the Subregion. Then inflation should decline with the markets working more efficiently then employability should rise.

there should also be more incentives for diversification within the agricultural sector so that more home grown produce is consumed in Gambia. It is foolish that onions are imported from Holland when they can easily be grown in Gambia. So much for EU commitment to Climate Change and the reduction of farming subsidities. The rural outmigration needs to reversed by included rural communities within the development program, and the government needs to utilize its most valuable resource the river Gambia to support upcountery economic growth.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega

Edited by - Sister Omega on 04 Nov 2007 13:30:37
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  14:50:12  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

Sister Omega, I am flaberghasted I agree with you once again,what has happened to you in Gambia? I know.............You are in Love........must be!

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  14:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Toubab1020 how did you guess. Yes there is no denying it I am in love with my husband we got married recently in Gambia. Our trip was wonderful!

Peace

sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  15:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Friend,

No wonder you are with so much energy.

Congrats! You are welcome to the Gambian family.

Now, you must think in a Gambian way; rational to the whimps and caprices of the existing nightmare.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  15:29:31  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
This sounds like a late notice for bantaba contributors.

Gambian honeymoon

It helps a lot as contribution to an ungoing topic.

Now share with us about the Gambian man. It got to be two sides of the coin. haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

(Courtesy of Tisme)

http://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4740&whichpage=1

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Edited by - Dalton1 on 04 Nov 2007 15:43:23
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  21:47:17  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

Not quite yet DALTON1,Sister Omega is on a roll now just look at all her postings,everyone is back for an arguement.Oh.Sorry I mean a discussion with red letters ,venom ,all sorts of stuff ,I am going to observe for a few days till the pot goes off the boil,maybe when things are just simmering nicely Sister Omega will impart some more information to us....just maybe...but don't hold your breath for too long!!

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  21:59:44  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Toubab,

at least a pic of the wedding gown to start with, rather than her getting us back to the same yadayada rhetorics. She can as well share the ordeal of the short journey. I am sure you want to hear, so do i.

I thought you were going to join me to petition Admin about a mighty wedding flower for tis-our new Bansang bride. It's been hours since the news surfaced here. I wish her a nice settling down. This is a hand clap for Gambian men after we threaded the other topic introduced here by Tisme. amiiin, you followed it to.

Omega, happy wedding. here is a nice flower for you.

http://www.zurb.net/flowers/index.html

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  22:14:39  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

Sister will like the flowers that you sent DALTON1,after all she can choose from bright RED to extreme BLUE, I suspect that she will choose the RED,I somehow think that BLUE is not her colour!

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  22:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

from bright RED to extreme BLUE, I suspect that she will choose the RED,I somehow think that BLUE is not her colour!

O yes, who wouldn't choose a red flower on canopy petals divided by white lines, with a nice scent attracting the flower bees.....

http://www.zurb.net/flowers/15.html

....haaaaaaaaaaaa! That's endless joy. Flowers are hardly rejected.

Edited by - Dalton1 on 04 Nov 2007 22:34:11
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  22:51:37  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message

By Dalton

FOR BETTER FOR WORSE

With tears rolling down the cheek
The groom said “With this ring,”
All was silence.

The bride responded “With this ring,”
All was silence.

“I marry you” The groom uttered
“Yes” The bride nodded

“I marry you” The bride added
“Yes” The groom nodded.

“For better for worse” The groom added
“Yes” The bride nodded.

“For better for worse” The bride added
“Yes” The groom nodded.

Judge/Cadi/Imam/Wali said:

“I now pronounce you husband and wife in holy matrimony.”

Edited by - Dalton1 on 04 Nov 2007 23:36:00
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  00:28:06  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Dalton the flowers were beautiful and so was the poem.

Jarama on behalf of I and my husband.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  01:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sister Omega

.......my husband.

Peace
Sister Omega

You are welcome. Thanks in turn. Much respect to your Gambian man. I am glad your husband likes the poem. I wish you all a pleasant life together. Just remember this poem when it gets tougher or nicer sometime in the future, for life as it is my elders used to say "The tongue and teeth do clash, though there is no closer friends than the two." The teeth chew and break the food while the tongue lubricates and helps in swallowing the food. Frienship couldn't be any closer.

Once more, welcome to the Gambian family & congrats. I will debate politics with you after you are done with the honeymoon.

* may i now openly petition a flower post with our admins for our long time contributor, educator and temperimental friend-Omega. And Admin, thanks while there is time.

Edited by - Dalton1 on 05 Nov 2007 01:48:23
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  02:09:10  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

I second that!.............. carried then!

Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  10:13:53  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
sister omega CONGRATS, you are going through a happy time and I hope it lasts forever.
You make some valid points, and they are well thought out because you have Gambia and its future in your heart.
good luck, health and wealth to you and your husband.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06