Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 happy new year, eid, and tobaski,
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2006 :  11:44:40  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
i would like to wish everyone happines for 2007.
What are the resolutions that people are making, mine is get registered as a charity. I will keep you posted on that one.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

serenata

Germany
1400 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  13:08:47  Show Profile Send serenata a Private Message
Thank you, jambo! Happy Tobaski to all Muslim Bantaba members, and Happy New Year to everybody!

Unfortunately, I had an accident during my Christmas holidays. I am better now, but I must stay in hospital for 3 weeks more. My right arm is affected, so it is very difficult for me to write. But i read the postings and hope to contribute again in a few weeks - inch'Allah.
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  16:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Happy Tobaski Eid Mubarak, Happy New Year to all Members, Readers of Bantaba and to Admin Momodou for making this forum possible. Serenata I wish you a quick recovery. I would like to wish everyone a peaceful, healthy happy and prosperous 2007. And to pray for those who we love and remember who will not be entering this New Year with us may their souls rest in peace and for those who are yet to join us all the blessing that the New Year has to give.

Peace

Sister Omega

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11516 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  19:42:17  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
A happy Tobaski and happy new year to you all. May the new year bring joy in your lives and may we see the end of tyrany in our country. Serenata, I wish you a quick recovery.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  22:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by serenata

Thank you, jambo! Happy Tobaski to all Muslim Bantaba members, and Happy New Year to everybody!

Unfortunately, I had an accident during my Christmas holidays. I am better now, but I must stay in hospital for 3 weeks more. My right arm is affected, so it is very difficult for me to write. But i read the postings and hope to contribute again in a few weeks - inch'Allah.

LOVELY SERE GET WELL SOON. have a smooth and nice recovery. i enjoy my tobaski in birmingham with relatives and friends. the gambian communitee there have there own mosque ,so we were in numbers yestaday. i was told the iman was bai nyass son. but it was ok. i got my lamb very late because too many people went to the slaugter house .i thank allah for giving me the opportunity to participate in this noble act.islam is alive and kicking ,no conspiracy will harm it.false web-sites and anti-muslim propaganda will all end in failure.no one own the deen. thanks to all.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  23:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
I thank God for giving me and my family another opportunity to withness this year's tobaski (eid-ul adha), so are the many contributors and readers here and everwhere else.

I hope and pray God Almighty will answer the prayers of all positive-minded humans to change the world for the better, i.e provision of peace, love, harmony and all basic amenities everywhere.

A lot of things are happening which are obviously wrong to the eye and the mind.

I wish the oppressed, disabled, sick and suffering a faster recovery and worldly pleasures and treasures.

"O! True Guardian, make us not die except as muslims." amen.

Happy eid!!
Go to Top of Page

sab

United Kingdom
912 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2007 :  11:19:27  Show Profile Send sab a Private Message
Very best wishes to everyone for 2007, may it bring you good health, prosperity, freedom, peace and happiness.

The world would be a poorer place if it was peopled by children whose parents risked nothing in the cause of social justice, for fear of personal loss. (Joe Slovo - African revolutionary)
Go to Top of Page

serenata

Germany
1400 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2007 :  15:55:03  Show Profile Send serenata a Private Message
Thank you all for your kind words; they mean very much to me. May Allah/God give you a healthy, happy & prosperous 2007!
Go to Top of Page

anna

Netherlands
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2007 :  22:27:42  Show Profile Send anna a Private Message
Serenata, did you go skiing?
Come on girl, get back on your feet soon and start enjoying the new year in a normal way.

When an old African dies, it is as if a whole library has burnt down.
Amadou Hampate Ba (Mali)
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  04:03:13  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Sab & all,

happy celebration. sometimes life gets too busy, but good not to forget the bantaba family, where a of lot I's are getting dotted.

Sab,Your previous posting is valued. Gainako will promote such agendas,in fact senior editor Demba Baldeh is consulting all the team.

I also spoke with Binneh Minteh, he briefed me about such programs being in the pipe line.

As usual, elders must look after the younger ones. I greatly like that attribute of contributors.

Best regards to your entire family. I wish all contributors, readers and our forum administrators well. We hope this forum will be legacy after us, a place for great educational research.(inshallahu)

Yero, associate of GON.
Go to Top of Page

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  07:59:04  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
Happy new year to the entire Bantaba family. I hope the new year will usher in great ideas as to how to move our country in particular and the world at large forward. I may have stepped on some feet , my excuses and those that have hurt me during the past year i have forgiven and look forward to fruitful debates in the future.

Finally i wish Serenata a speedy recovery and all other members not fine at the moment.

madiss
Go to Top of Page

serenata

Germany
1400 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  11:38:43  Show Profile Send serenata a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by anna

Serenata, did you go skiing?
Come on girl, get back on your feet soon and start enjoying the new year in a normal way.
Anna, you got it. I swear i'll never do such a nonsense again. Peinlich.
Go to Top of Page

Lily

United Kingdom
422 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2007 :  18:15:18  Show Profile Send Lily a Private Message
Late, but heartfelt, New Year greetings to you all. A speedy recovery to Serenata and my sincere hopes that you will all achieve what you wish for in 2007.
I was lucky enough to spend tobaski in Gambia and was invited for tobaski lunch - really good but I fear I ate too much....
On New Year's day I walked in the sunshine. And all week I met with friends (though I missed meeting up with Gambiabev - maybe next time!) and now I am home watching the rain against the window....
I feel lucky to have found this bantaba and look forward to getting to know people more this year.
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  11:53:45  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
I am just back! I went to Tobaski in Pirang. I went to the prayers with my friends mother. There were about 2000 people there, it was quite an experience!!!

Then the Ram was slaughtered in the compound. I didnt watch the cut, but watched everything else from a short distance. The Ram took a long time to die and I found that quite disturbing. I was impressed with the butchery and how nothing is wasted. I also like how things are shared around with those that dont have anything. The Ram cost me £55 and I am still baffled how any ordinary Gambian family can afford it. Then we visited people and gave a little money and people visited us. I had a lie down and a little sleep too. Great hospitality! I have never greeted so many people in my life!

At night I went back to Badala Park and enjoyed the entertainment, including lovely fireworks. It was a wonderful day that I will never forget. So much nicer than english new year year when everyone is drunk in the pubs! I hope to spend many more new years in Gambia!
Go to Top of Page

jambo

3300 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  19:49:30  Show Profile Send jambo a Private Message
bev are you buying land
Go to Top of Page

gambiabev

United Kingdom
3091 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  08:34:55  Show Profile Send gambiabev a Private Message
I dont have the spare cash to do it at the moment. It is an aim for the future. Somewhere between Brufut and Gunjur.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06