Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 UK government on anti money laundering
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  16:43:59  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Likes of Yahya Jammeh engaged in money laundering and tight friendship with terrorist organisations will find it tough operating through UK financial systems. So much has been done by government of UK and other nations, ensuring that criminals in leadership positions no longer carry out nefarious dealings easier.

When criminals lay hands on state power, they can be worse than armed robbers in the jungle.

Here is what the government of UK has on anti money laundering.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200809/ldselect/ldeucom/132/13214.htm

Karamba

Edited by - Karamba on 07 May 2012 17:20:31

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  18:24:26  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Looks good Karamba,will it all work ?, I wonder, by the time the lawyers have got through reading all this stuff and appealed this bit and that bit,made international enquiries,and all the rest, the rich will always win,even if the money in question has been seized whilst enquiries are going on the government will invest it ,with interest of course !!,probably use the interest themselves only until after the result is known and endless legal wrangles and court cases have taken place will the money be released,with interest of course,by the time that happens zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 07 May 2012 18:27:20
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  18:29:03  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
One big catch at least, Toubab1020:

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/3/12/39500/Business/Economy/Nigerian-exstate-governor-jailed-over-m-fraud-.aspx

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  20:32:37  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
touche, Karamba,me, cynical about lawyers and politics ! except my favorite Gambian of course

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 07 May 2012 20:33:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06