Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 A victorious George Galloway: ...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

sab

United Kingdom
912 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  13:16:21  Show Profile Send sab a Private Message
Mr Galloway has just achieved the third largest swing in modern British political history – 36 per cent, annihilating Labour, which has held this seat since 1974, with more than double the number of votes they got.

George Galloway fought his by-election campaign in Bradford West as a champion of Islam.

http://soc.li/WxfdDuK

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16199209

Never a man to idle on the side-line. Well done George Galloway..

The world would be a poorer place if it was peopled by children whose parents risked nothing in the cause of social justice, for fear of personal loss. (Joe Slovo - African revolutionary)

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  14:20:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
sab,
This is a victory for an individual true,BUT there are two factors that have to be considered,this man has very radical political left wing views which I consider to be not compatible with ideals of good government,true the make up of his constituency is comprised of many electors who are immigrants and come from countries where there is a "Big Boss" governing their countries,in my opinion they tend to follow candidates that promise THEM things that are not deliverable by a democratically elected government who have many elected representatives who have differing views and can therefore arrive at a consensus that fits into an overview that will represent the majority of the people of the country,and not make a particular section of the people more "powerful" than others.
However in one way it is very good to have a "rebel " in the administration as that rebel can ensure that the rest of the administration stay on their toes and do not forget to remember that they must arrive at a consensus that makes good governance for the majority of the people and not just one section of the population.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

sab

United Kingdom
912 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  15:04:38  Show Profile Send sab a Private Message
Toubab thanks for sharing your 'political day' with me.

I've always taken interest in rebel George, remember also how Mandela was tagged the rebel! Not that George is in the same league, but give him that little bit extra credit on another political day of yours...
have a good weekend..
sab.

The world would be a poorer place if it was peopled by children whose parents risked nothing in the cause of social justice, for fear of personal loss. (Joe Slovo - African revolutionary)

Edited by - sab on 31 Mar 2012 15:06:49
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  15:49:06  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
OK, OK, sab, sorry to say that George is why I have very very few political days,and why my signature applies,I also note your signature ,common sense rarely applies to politics it's mostly about power and self enhancement, and of course MONEY but what a dull and grey world it would be if we all held the same views ,hang on, that's communism isn't it ? The Great leader etc !!!!.Thanks.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 31 Mar 2012 15:52:46
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  20:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Go Gally! Go Gally! Didn't he do well!

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2012 :  22:22:06  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Make a super prime minister,don't you think sister O ? with Boris Johnston as deputy of course !! and Francis Maude as media spokes minister,John Major in there as well,John Prescott as culture secretary
what a government,how could they not win by a landslide.

Politics................nonsense.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 31 Mar 2012 22:30:05
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  00:33:42  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Toubab 1020! One thing is clear that Galloway rebelled against Labour party expelled in 2003 after he accused Tony Blair and George W Bush in invading Iraq "lying" on WMD but not based on your analysis and comments on what type of politician Galloway is, political philosophy, ideology and campaign agenda

George Galloway, speaking in the US Senate in 2005;
quote:
"In everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and you (the US) turned out to be wrong and 100,000 people paid with their lives; 1,600 of them American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies."

BBC NEWS WITH CHRIS MASON REPORTER AT SCENE "WHY GALLOWAY WIN HERE?" FROM;

Edited by - kobo on 02 Apr 2012 00:57:36
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  15:00:43  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Kobo, I like a clear person, I am afraid that I do not consider George to be such a person,his philosophy appears to be to cause confusion and problems within any political organisation he joins and not develop his own policies as an independent candidate,he appears to be a man who wants to be in the forefront of everything by making very unhelpful pronouncements at every opportunity ,as you write his 2003 spat with labour.I have not studied his history,why? I do not like rebels or politics !
The loss of ANY life is very sad for any family or country,you know we could go on discussing what I have written in this last paragraph for a long time, Syria,Mali,Sudan, and many more,I do not wish to do that,and stand by the first 13 words in this paragraph as my overriding feelings.
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  01:44:25  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Toubab 1020. Galloway is a strong politician and was in the good books of Labour party as their strong candidate until fallout; not seeing any justification of his leader (Tony Blair) leading the campaign on WMD to invade Iraq? That made voice of Galloway standing out loud globally, political profile boosted under watchful demeanour on "war against terror", "fundamentalists" and "axis of evil"; amongst many others post 9/11

Had Galloway stayed with labour he would have been considered amongst either one of these; stooge, part of labour strong candidates, clique, cronies and/or oligarchy BUT WHEN STRATEGY AND POLICY ISSUES CAME OUT FOR IRAQ WAR HE DECIDED NOT TO BE A PUPPET BUT SENSIBLE AND VERY VOCAL TO DEFEND HUMAN RIGHTS, CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY AND INSTITUTING JUSTICE

I think you are entitled to your opinions but seems you have personal issues and expressing that you don't like him; not on his principles, political philosophy and for what he advocates in serving his community and British society

Edited by - kobo on 03 Apr 2012 04:28:29
Go to Top of Page

mbay

Germany
1007 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  09:26:28  Show Profile Send mbay a Private Message
Yes his voice is louder than those hidden in the crocks but it consists clearness,The man is just brilliant.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  11:54:14  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
OK OK lets leave it that we all have different views, I think that the last paragraph of KOB'S post above PROBABLY sums up my feelings.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 03 Apr 2012 11:54:41
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  16:38:23  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
FINALLY WITH USEFUL LINKS;

THE SUN EXCLUSIVE ON GALLOWAY'S VICTORY;

Edited by - kobo on 03 Apr 2012 16:55:44
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  13:18:46  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
A good man and an good role model for anyone ?

Be sure to read the comments posted after the article as well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124712/George-Galloways-wife-Rima-Husseini-mother-new-baby-says-theyre-wed.html

quote:
Originally posted by Sister Omega

Go Gally! Go Gally! Didn't he do well!

Edited by - toubab1020 on 05 Apr 2012 13:21:09
Go to Top of Page

sab

United Kingdom
912 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  13:33:05  Show Profile Send sab a Private Message
quote:
A good man and an good role model for anyone ?

You are obviously not at peace with George!

Who would you say is a good man & role model?

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  13:49:04  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
You could say that, I could not possibly comment

As for choosing a good man and a role model,Winston Churchill,
Ah.......... no.............. in these days of politically correctness.................. he drank and he smoked,but a good role model? Yes......... he has my vote

Edited by - toubab1020 on 05 Apr 2012 13:52:38
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  15:48:28  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
RELATED LATEST STORIES IN BRITISH PRESS (COURTESY OF THE SUN);

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06