Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Will things change ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2012 :  20:19:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I didn't really know where to put this,General, Culture,politics, then I thought its about travel I suppose,so here it is,should make Gambians think a little about how their country is perceived by their closest neighbour !

http://dailynews.gm/africa/gambia/article/senegal-opens-border

I think this is a most embarrassing piece for any Gambian to read,but perhaps such conduct has become engrained in Gambian thinking and represents an everyday way of doing things.

"The Senegalese transporters ended a month long blockade after reaching an agreement with their Gambian counterparts, the Gambia Transport Control Association (GTCA).
The transporters have unilaterally boycotted Gambian routes and are denying Gambian vehicles entry into Senegal in protest against alleged harassment and corruption by The Gambian security agents, bribery at ferry crossing points and a countless security check points."

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 04 Jan 2012 20:21:42

Momodou

Denmark
11525 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2012 :  20:42:32  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Yes this happened in 2011. I think Daily News was publishing a summary of events in 2011.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  00:26:16  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Momodou,quite so ,I thought that I remembered this,the Daily News failed totally to make it clear that this was NOT NEW NEWS,but OLD NEWS,so what do you do on a no news day,Hmmmmm think of something to fill a gap ! anyway I did a KOBO (as deputy indexing master you understand ) and had a nose around and here is the ORIGINAL topic:

http://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10722.

Posted by Momodou on 9th April 2011

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 05 Jan 2012 00:28:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06