Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 sunnier climes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  02:44:32  Show Profile
It’s that time of the year again. Time for the winter hols back in March
West coast America Hawaii then down to Mexico (Cancun)
Lots of sight seeing the Incas and the Aztec monuments
ohhh yeah salsa and lots of Tequila LoL Meet the locals

The cruise St Petersburg in Russia was interesting a wonderful city
The famous church of spilled blood with the gold covered domes
Catherine the Greart palace was mind blowing especially the infamous reconstructed Amber room that the Nazis stripped and shipped back to Germany and has never been found despite extensive searches for it since the war
Evening entertainment a choice of the Bolshoi ballet which I thought would be a bit heavy or traditional Russian folklore and Cossack dancing wonderful

Ports of call Helsinki Stockholm Copenhagen Warnemunde Tallinn and St Petersburg

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  22:18:15  Show Profile
Arrive LosAngele's after a long flight. So dinner and earlyl to bed. Up early next day and start doing the tourist sites.

Visit MGM and Warner Brothers Studios Knotts Landing The Queen Mary. Disneyland and the Spruce Goose, the first Jumbo ever made and built entirely out of wood. Goggle it. Very interesting

Start driving Highway 1 to Malibu travelling on to see the Getty Museum Built as a replica of a roman palace. Then on to Hurst Castle
Not like any castle you have ever seen again google it

On to Sacramento the City of trees,The capital of California a very clean and beautiful city

On to Yosemite and the giant redwood trees The tallest biggest living things on the planet some of which are 4000 years old
The biggest but not the tallest is the named General Sherman at over 250 feet tall is over 30 feet around the base

On to San Fransisco One of my favourite cities If you go don't just do the tourist bit of China town and Alcatraz But take the ferry from pier 39 across the bay to Tibouron Spectacular scenery Spend a night there go for walks see floppy eared dears roaming the hill sides. In the evening look back across the bay To see the twincling lights and you will understand the song by Tony Bennet I Left My Heart in San Fransico

Now on to Hawaii

Edited by - snuggels on 17 Jan 2012 22:50:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06