Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Mai Fatty's Return to the Gambia
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  19:13:02  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Editorial: Mai Fatty's Return to the Gambia

http://www.gainako.com/news/news/2011/11/18/editorial-mai-fattys-prompt-return-to-gambia-a-blessing-for-the-united-democratic-party-and-the-future-of-gambian-politics.html

Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  00:36:22  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
ALSO THE POINT NATIONAL NEWS
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  20:51:08  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
THE DAILY NEWS;

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2011 :  23:15:58  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
RELATED BANTABA TOPIC;
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  01:01:09  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
He who fights and run away,
Lives to fight another day

Bob Marley

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  01:12:35  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
How about "NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER!"
Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  01:53:24  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kobo

How about "NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER!"

Brother Kobo, dealing with a regime that is willing to employ any tactics to eliminate its opponents requires smart thinking and counter tactical behavior.

I won't blame Mr. Fatty for retreating to a safe harbor just like many others are doing.

There is nothing more to fight for as far as this elections are concern. So I agree with Karamba... that "he who fights and runs lives to fight another day"

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  02:53:20  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Dbaldeh! ITS TOO QUICK FOR HONEY MOON OVER? ALSO NOT THE WAY ITS SEEN FROM YOU AMONGST OTHERS, WITH THIS QUOTE FROM FREEDOM REPORT;
quote:
"A member of the opposition said Fatty’s departure will no doubt cause a dent to the UDP’S efforts to contest the legality of the just concluded Presidential elections."

“ Mai has abandoned us in the middle of the struggle to fight an unjust system. He has rendered Mr. Darboe lonely. You wouldn’t believe that he left the country without informing Darboe. Darboe knew about his departure when he (Mai) phoned him from Dakar, briefing him about what necessitated his move to leave the country. These are some of the problems facing the opposition here. How can Darboe alone singlehandedly engage the dictatorship? If everyone is running trying to seek safe-haven overseas when shall we succeed in effecting political change? With all the noise, Mai has deserted his people on the hills of an electoral controversy that he claimed to be fraudulent. He rejected the election results, and yet he is not man enough to stay home and fight with Darboe,” said an opposition supporter who reached the Freedom Newspaper during the weekend."

"“ It’s absolutely unfair for people to blame Mr. Darboe for being chicken hearted. Time, and time, his own people had abandoned him in the middle of the fight. If young folks like Mai Fatty are running away, what are the elderly waiting for? Mr. Darboe has been repeatedly threatened, but that doesn’t make him to leave this country. I think Mai ought to have revaluated his decision before hurriedly packing without consulting his opposition partners.”"

Edited by - kobo on 06 Dec 2011 03:18:31
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  04:38:33  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Come on Kobo, how anyone with sane and balanced judgement will call Mai as running away in the first place. What Mai risked, thousands sitting out somewhere are nothing near that. Why could others not risk getting near enough as Senegal ? Who paid Mai for the personal risk ? After all, is he not intelligent enough to permit trigger happy Jammeh count him in the toll ? We have to be realistic. With 100 brave ones like Mai, the story will be told differently. Demba has clearly seen the big sense. No sane person will stand the way of cruel torturers and human butchers.

Mai Fatty stands out as THE hero of this year political encounter.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

dbaldeh

USA
934 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  09:29:16  Show Profile  Visit dbaldeh's Homepage Send dbaldeh a Private Message
Brother Kobo, I will tell Darboe exactly the same thing I think Mai Fatty did right if in fact he left the country. I will tell Mr. Darboe to let go as this is a loss battle all the way.

Those who are calling on him to stand and fight, will eventually focus on their interest and he will be left dry either in the courts incuring his own expenses at the expense of his family and or he will be sleeping in cells with nothing coming out of it... Ask Uncle Femi Peters Sr....

Did you read the United Front Statement?: http://www.gainako.com/news/news/2011/12/05/statement-by-the-independent-candidate-and-member-parties-of-the-united-front.html

They are basically saying we will not bless the election results but will not contest them either. Instead they are calling for constitutional and or electoral reform which is a foregone conclusion.

Kobo, the time to fight against these elections is not right last minute, but several years ago.

I will honestly if I can convince Darboe to tell the younger ones that he has given it everything he could and unfortunately, he could not convince people. The country belongs to everyone of us and it is unfair to call for others to sacrifice while some retreat in their comfort zones enjoying ICE Cream!!!!

I will applaud Mai Fatty to fight strategically and not put himself in an unnecessary risk period. Darboe should follow suit!!!

Baldeh,
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi
Visit http://www.gainako.com for your daily news and politics
Go to Top of Page

Kitabul Arerr

Gambia
645 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2011 :  18:43:19  Show Profile Send Kitabul Arerr a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Karamba

He who fights and run away,
Lives to fight another day

Bob Marley

Thanks, Karamba. Very relevant after the debacle!
"...
Rise up fallen fighters;
Rise and take your stance again.
'Tis he who fight and run away
Live to fight another day.
With de heathen back dey 'pon de wall!
De heathen back, yeah, 'pon de wall!
De heathen back dey 'pon de wall!

As a man sow, shall he reap
And I know that talk is cheap.
But the hotter the battle
A the sweeter Jah victory.
With de heathen back dey 'pon de wall!
De heathen back dey 'pon de wall!
"...De heathen back, yeah, 'pon de wall!....................."............................................LL!

More Heathen Lyrics & Video - by Bob
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob+marley/the+heathen_20021679.html

The New Gambia - Stronger Together!
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2011 :  00:45:02  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Good input there Kitabul Arerr. I believe Mai is so brave.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06