Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Health and Nutrition Forum
 Health and Nutrition
 Your Health matters: Heart Attack
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
8490 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2017 :  22:47:33  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your Health matters

By: Mbackeh Jabbi

I promised to be back on October 18 to write on this topic. Due to work schedule, I couldn’t make it. I worked thirty-two and half hours (from 05:45 a.m. 0n 17 October until 2:37p.m on 18 October. Now that I have enough rests and energy, time for talking about health matter.
Again, let us understand heart attack also known as myocardial infarction. Who is at risk of getting heart attack? How do we recognize symptoms of heart trouble and what should we do when we are at risk?
Heart attacks basically occurs in most cases due to blockage of one or more coronary arteries. Blockage can cause rupture in the arteries forming blood clot which will prevent oxygenated blood going to the heart causing heart cells to die.
There are many risk factors that can lead to myocardial infarction; life styles (food one eats and whether one is a smoker or a non-smoker, lack of physical activities, drug uses etc.), genetic factors, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, age factor, one’s race, one’s gender diabetes, auto-immune diseases {e.g. lupus} and history of pre-eclampsia, bad dental hygiene etc.
In our Gambia, one of the most popular food is “super kanja”. Palm oil which is an ingredient used in “super kanja”, is highly rich in bad cholesterol. This highly rich cholesterol food, cope with lack of physical activities by most Gambians, together with high level of stress can be very dangerous recipes for heart attack. I am not saying that Gambians should avoid our favorite foods ( super kanja or plassas) because they contain palm oil that has high quantity of saturated fat. That is just an example I want to bring to your attention. I hope our government can help find a way to make it possible to have access to cholesterol free palm oil.
If you have family history of heart attack (genetic), try and live healthy life styles and maintain healthy heart. High (bad) cholesterol can be dangerous not only by increasing your chances of arterial blockages and ruptures but also increasing your blood pressure substantially high.
I will hope these pieces will help you keep your heart healthy and prevent pre-mature death? I hope I can be back over the weekend with more on this topic.

A clear concience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2017 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06