Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 Education
 Arabs ARE clever !
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

8176 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2009 :  12:11:19  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Iraq-born teen cracks maths puzzle
Thursday, May 28 01:41 pm

A 16-year-old Iraqi immigrant living in Sweden has cracked a maths puzzle that has stumped experts for more than 300 years, Swedish media reported on Thursday.

In just four months, Mohamed Altoumaimi has found a formula to explain and simplify the so-called Bernoulli numbers, a sequence of calculations named after the 17th century Swiss mathematician Jacob Bernoulli, the Dagens Nyheter daily said.

Altoumaimi, who came to Sweden six years ago, said teachers at his high school in Falun, central Sweden were not convinced about his work at first.

"When I first showed it to my teachers, none of them thought the formula I had written down really worked," Altoumaimi told the Falu Kuriren newspaper.

He then got in touch with professors at Uppsala University, one of Sweden's top institutions, to ask them to check his work.

After going through his notebooks, the professors found his work was indeed correct and offered him a place in Uppsala.

But for now, Altoumaimi is focusing on his school studies and plans to take summer classes in advanced mathematics and physics this year.

"I wanted to be a researcher in physics or mathematics; I really like those subjects. But I have to improve in English and social sciences," he told the Falu Kuriren.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! All rights reserved.
printed from http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090528/twl-iraq-born-teen-cracks-maths-puzzle-3cd7efd.html

Just to show you how clever this kid is have a look at this:

http://www.bernoulli.org/

I bet I will get no comments from anyone on the contents of the above link

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 02 Jun 2009 12:27:56

kayjatta

2959 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  09:06:08  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Did you say "Arabs are clever" Toubab? Give me a break ! Swedes (Swedish) are clever! Uppsala reminds me of Carl Linnaeus, the great Swedish doctor (physician), botanist and zoologist known for his groundbreaking work in taxonomy (binomial nomenclature). He went to Uppsala as a student and later taught there as a professor ...

Edited by - kayjatta on 03 Jun 2009 09:11:04
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

8176 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  11:16:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
OK,Swedish,Iraqi,16year old,"HE", no arguement there, (and I didn't mean to make a joke there were no "." between the H and the E otherwise the meaning may be different as Bantaba in Cyberspace readers and posters will know ) anyway that male person who was 16 was brilliant, way way beyond the understanding of my brain.
Yes, Kay you win the prize for courage in posting something to follow my initial posting on this subject, I should have realised that it might be you as you can not resist a challange.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 03 Jun 2009 11:18:00
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2959 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  11:38:29  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
You know I do not turn down challenges Toubab .
Okay do you remember how seven year old Gauss added the number series one to hundred in a few seconds to the suprise of his tyrant teacher? That method by Gauss is still used in advanced math today. Germans are clever too .
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

8176 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  13:47:16  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Kay, I bow to your greater knowledge on all things,maths was one of my weaker subjects so whatever these great people do I admire them if they be, German, Iraqi,Swedish,English or even jewish or scottish. I cannot understand any of it,way way way above my head.

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7722 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  20:15:23  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Hope Iran government would invest on this young genius of Iranian origin? Who (West or Ease) will benefit from his brain or knowledge later?

Don't discount intelligence networks monitoring his progress & hot under surveilance between Iran and America? He is a pawn or rookie in the political chess board!

What are benefits for craking code or formula? Its too advance for me and I don't bother with it trying to read every detail on links! However any further help and explainations may be useful to us?

Edited by - kobo on 03 Jun 2009 20:18:17
Go to Top of Page

mansasulu

997 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  21:11:52  Show Profile Send mansasulu a Private Message
Why would Iran wanna invest when he originated from Iraq...help me out here Kobo, cause I am lost!!

"...Verily, in the remembrance of All‚h do hearts find rest..." Sura Al-Rad (Chapter 13, Verse 28)

...Gambian by birth, Muslim by the grace of Allah...
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

8176 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2009 :  23:31:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Nevermind Mansasulu

I bet KOBO is suffering overload trying to work on those formulae,causing.......yep.........typographical errors........ Nevermind this might help

million 1,000,000 1,000,000
billion 1,000,000,000 (a thousand millions) 1,000,000,000,000 (a million millions)
trillion 1 with 12 zeros 1 with 18 zeros
quadrillion 1 with 15 zeros 1 with 24 zeros
quintillion 1 with 18 zeros 1 with 30 zeros
sextillion 1 with 21 zeros 1 with 36 zeros
septillion 1 with 24 zeros 1 with 42 zeros
octillion 1 with 27 zeros 1 with 48 zeros
googol 1 with 100 zeros
googolplex 1 with a googol of zeros

Edited by - toubab1020 on 03 Jun 2009 23:32:51
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7722 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2009 :  00:25:42  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mansasulu

Why would Iran wanna invest when he originated from Iraq...help me out here Kobo, cause I am lost!!

In terms of sponsorship, security, keenly monitor further studies & where he would finally be in future? Iran needs to protect their asset or citizen! Am not lost because its news of the world and media made life of young genius to transformed!

I wasn,t poor at Maths! Mathematics, statistics & figures were my best subject but don't think can solve problems as smart as Kayjatta? My maths teacher was Mr Million Toubab!

Edited by - kobo on 04 Jun 2009 00:31:11
Go to Top of Page

kayjatta

2959 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2009 :  07:44:10  Show Profile Send kayjatta a Private Message
Thanks for the kind words guys but I have said it here over and over that I am purely a lay person. Well I like to put it this way " a Jack of all trades, master of none". I am a miniature version of Dr. Ali Mazrui(do not get me wrong please, I am no comparison to this larger-than-life political scientist and prolific writer). I have abandoned scholarship for superficiality .
I do think this Iraqi/swedish kid will be better off in the liberal atmosphere of Sweden than in the relatively more conservative and politically unstable Iraq. I strongly suspect that his six years in Sweden is what made him the genius he is. His genotype may be Iraqi no doubt, but his phenotype may be the result of the Swedish environment. If he had grown up in Iraq he might have ended up just another suicide bomber ...

Edited by - kayjatta on 04 Jun 2009 07:49:27
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7722 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2009 :  09:07:03  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kobo

quote:
Originally posted by mansasulu

In terms of sponsorship, security, keenly monitor further studies & where he would finally be in future? Iran needs to protect their asset or citizen! Am not lost because its news of the world and media made life of young genius to transformed!

I wasn,t poor at Maths! Mathematics, statistics & figures were my best subject but don't think can solve problems as smart as Kayjatta? My maths teacher was Mr Million Toubab!

Thanks Mansasuulu & Toubab for observing that I made a mistaken identity on origin! I did not knew that I didn't read properly, until Toubab send me a private mail.

"A 16-year-old IRAG immigrant living in sweden has cracked..."; therefore my political views on Iran/America are not relevant to this topic & withdrawn.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7722 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2009 :  15:26:32  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kayjatta

Thanks for the kind words guys but I have said it here over and over that I am purely a lay person. Well I like to put it this way " a Jack of all trades, master of none". I am a miniature version of Dr. Ali Mazrui(do not get me wrong please, I am no comparison to this larger-than-life political scientist and prolific writer). I have abandoned scholarship for superficiality .
I do think this Iraqi/swedish kid will be better off in the liberal atmosphere of Sweden than in the relatively more conservative and politically unstable Iraq. I strongly suspect that his six years in Sweden is what made him the genius he is. His genotype may be Iraqi no doubt, but his phenotype may be the result of the Swedish environment. If he had grown up in Iraq he might have ended up just another suicide bomber ...

It depends on the political orientation & inductrination? Its enforced occupation, terrrorism, crime against humanity and all messed up that he might not been known! Yes Osama & Sadaam are Arabs and George Bush American! Remember the war is Iraq was based on WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION & TO ELIMININATE SADAAM OR GEORGE BUSH NO.1 ENEMY? U.N did not sanctioned the war and America mobilised allied forces to fight and destroy Iraq! Now there is aggression and persecution on-going? But Kay is it the Arabs or America that is guilty and responsible for this sitauation in Iraq? Your opinions were sounded but you are always biased against Arabs for you don't trust them and see them as backward!

Edited by - kobo on 04 Jun 2009 19:52:09
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7722 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2009 :  01:41:15  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Kayjatta on competition and beauty contest this Obama's speech to the muslim world might offer you something interesting or broaden your knowledge (not to be biased). Under Bantaba World Politics Topic; http://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7635

Edited by - kobo on 05 Jun 2009 01:42:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2014 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06