Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Announcements
 Announcements: Gambian Websites
 THE CHRONICLE IS BORN.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author  Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

9765 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  20:53:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The MOST Important words here are "The Chronicle will depart from the everyday mainly political news headlines to give a voice to the plight of peasants and under privileged as well as highligh the positivity of the Gambian society."
======================================================================
By Lamin Cham 19/02/2019

A new media house, The Chronicle Gambia was on Sunday launched at the QCity, just a stone’s throw from its head office in Bijilo on the Sene- Gambia-Brusubi road.
Focusing so far on digital reporting, The Chronicle website came to life Monday to start what the staff and founders said will be safeguarding liberty through journalism.
A co-founder of the organisation Cherno Njie said via a video confrence from his base in USA that The Chronicle will depart from the everyday mainly political news headlines to give a voice to the plight of peasants and under privileged as well as highligh the positivity of the Gambian society.

Sheriff Bojang Jr, the editor in chief, said The Chronicle is proud that it has the youngest team of journalists in the country and will aspire to promote journalistic excellence and integrity in reporting. He praised the co founders, Cherno Njie and Mafoday Sonko for the foresight and resilience in practicalising the project. Veteran journalist Cherno Jallow said the coming of The Chronicle and its composition of young journalists is a good omen for the future of Gambian journalism which he said evolved from a very long time. The launching was attended by a large section of the Gambia media representatives.

https://standard.gm/?p=53081

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

toubab1020

9765 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2019 :  18:32:14  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a direct link to their website:

https://www.chronicle.gm/

I have no connection with this entity BUT I do admire their stated objectives,Foroyaa watch out, competition !!

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

9765 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2019 :  13:05:07  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"The Chronicle will depart from the everyday mainly political news headlines to give a voice to the plight of peasants and under privileged as well as highligh the positivity of the Gambian society."

Quote from: http://www.gambianews24.com/the-chronicle-is-born-the-standard-newspaper/

It looks to me that this primary object quoted above has not yet surfaced,maybe due to the lack of dedicated reporters on the ground in Gambia,still its early days for this web based entity so thats maybe unfair,have to wait and see.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2019 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06