Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 kantimba-village alleged-drone-shooting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2023 :  15:50:20  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

==========
https://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/headlines/foni-kansala-nam-confirms-another-alleged-drone-shooting-at-kantimba-village
==========
BY Headlines Jan 24, 2023, 12:34 PM

Reports have emerged on social media that a man was allegedly shot at a village in Foni by the Senegalese drone at the border. Hon. Gibba National Assembly Member for the constituency confirmed the news to Kerr Fatou and explained what he called the intel he received since the incident happened.

“I just confirmed the village where the incident happened. I reported the matter to the Army Commander in Kanilai. It is a village on the border called Kantimba, which is on the same borderline as Kanilai. What I was told by the brother of Kantimba Alkalo. He said at around 7:05 pm C Class vehicle went to load wood. I was told that the location where they loaded the vehicle with wood is in The Gambia.”

“As they were loading the vehicle with wood, a drone came out and shot at them. So when the drone shot at them, that’s the time a bullet hit a boy on his shoulder. He was rushed to Bwiam Hospital for treatment. At around 7:10 pm, the drone took another shot that hit the vehicle they were loading the woods on. But they were not in the vehicle at the time because they ran away from the scene after the first shot that wounded the boy.” Foni Kansala NAM disclosed to Kerr Fatou.

Hon. Gibba further stated that the alleged shootings took place in the Gambia and the location where the alleged victims were loading the wood is also in the Gambia.

The outspoken NAM told Kerr Fatou that when he informed the Army Commander in Kanilai about the incident, the Commander informed him that he would send intelligence to the scene on Monday, January 23, 2023, to verify.

Hon. Gibba disclosed to Kerr Fatou that he would also go to the scene after the burial of the late Vice President Badara Alieu Joof.

“The boy (victim) went with the drivers because the drivers are not from Foni. They only went there to load the wood. I had the privilege of talking to the drivers on the phone and asking them to put the telephone on speaker. They are Wolof and cannot speak Jola. So I had to talk to them in Wolof, and they explained what exactly happened. I advised them not to return to the location to collect their vehicle and materials. Because if they return there, they may be shot at again. I advised them to wait until tomorrow (Today) and accompany the Army on their verification visit.” he told Kerr Fatou.

Hon. Gibba also confirmed to Kerr Fatou that the driver of the vehicle involved in the incident is currently in Kantimba village, and the victim of the alleged drone shot is receiving treatment at Bwiam General Hospital.

“If they go back there alone, without the Army, the drone may shoot at them again. The boy is at the hospital, and he is already dressed with a bandage. I don’t know whether he is released now. This is what happened, but it is not done by the ECOMIG in Kanilai. It is done by a drone at the borderline,” Hon. Gibba confirmed.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06