Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Exhumed dead body causes stir in Bakau
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2021 :  11:18:27  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

==========
https://standard.gm/exhumed-dead-body-causes-stir-in-bakau-0/

==========

By Alagie Manneh on March 8, 2021

The body of an old woman has been exhumed in a cemetery in Bakau Saturday, three days after its interment.

Police and health inspectors then stormed the cemetery, inspected the body and ordered for its reburial.

Some in the town believed “ritual rites” may have been performed on the body but health inspectors said the corpse was intact.

“They did not touch or remove any part of the body, according to what I was told. They only exhumed it and left it there,” the councilor for Bakau, Lamin Dibba, told The Standard.

The old woman, described as cheerful and kind-hearted, lived around the market.

No one has been arrested yet, and it remains unclear who might have done the exhumation. But early speculations indicated that a man was seen and scared away from the cemetery in the early hours of Saturday.

An eye witness told The Standard that the body “lay uncovered” prior to the arrival of the health authorities.

“I saw the body. It was uncovered. It was lying on its back. And after the health authorities sprayed it, they reburied it,” the witness who begged anonymity said.

The Imam for Bakau Waasulung Kunda, Ebrima Sidibeh, wept over the dead body. “Fear petrified the Imam’s thinking,” a witness said.

The councilor said the discovery terrified the natives, urging all and sundry to be more vigilant.

“My advice is for people to up their guard because this ritual thing is getting crazier,” he said.

He suggested that security be put in place at the cemetery to prevent such occurrences.

“We need a guard and perhaps also a burglar proof gate. It’s the only way to secure our cemetery,” Dibba said.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2021 :  11:25:18  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My thoughts are with the relativies and friends of the Old lady In my opinion this is is a matter of great public concern ,MAYBE statement from a Police spokesman as to what action they propose to take?

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 10 Mar 2021 11:26:07
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2021 :  11:37:53  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

=========

https://standard.gm/another-corpse-exhumed-in-bakau-cemetery-0another-corpse-exhumed-in-bakau-cemetery-0/

=========

By Alagie Manneh on Thursday, March 11, 2021

Another corpse has become the latest to be excavated from the grave in a recent series of mysterious exhumations in Bakau. Tuesday's disinterment came barely a week after the body of an old woman was exhumed in the same cemetery. Police gave chilling accounts Tuesday evening saying the shroud of the old woman was taken...

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2021 :  12:02:06  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
++++++++++

Now there are 22 Solar lights in the Cementry,It does appear that reliable clarification is required as to how many exhumations have occoured.

++++++++++
RELATED:https://standard.gm/security-beefed-up-at-bakau-cemetery-after-exhumations-0/
==========
https://foroyaa.net/resident-explains-mysterious-exhumation-of-corpse-in-bakau-cemetery/

==========

By Mustapha Jallow on March 17, 2021

Fady Jammeh, a native of Bakau living opposite a cemetery, on Wednesday told this medium that a mysterious exhumation of a corpse took place in their graveyard.

Jammeh said the old woman’s body was exhumed and the shroud that was wrapped on her body was torn, saying everything in the women’s body was intact.

“I can only confirm to you that the body was exhumed. The shroud on her body was torn and the body was lying outside her graveyard,’’ the witness said.

Jammeh said he came to know the mysterious act when he and his nephews were molding bricks on Saturday, on 6th March 2021. He explained that he sent two of his nephews to his project site at the other end of the cemetery.
- Advertisement -

According to him, his nephews decided to use a shortcut to the road that passes through the cemetery. He said these young boys were on their way and they saw a corpse beside a grave.

“They run back to my house and reported the matter to me. I rushed to the cemetery and saw the old woman’s body and the plywoods were also removed from the grave. I discovered the shroud that was wrapped on her body was torn,’’ Jammeh told Foroyaa.

“I immediately asked my nephews to rush home and bring bed sheet. He rushed and the bed sheet was used to wrap the body of the woman. I also ask my other nephew to go and inform the imams about the incident.”

Jammeh believed that the operation was conducted at night, adding the imams and community members came to the scene and the body was reburied.

He urged the relevant authorities to close three out of the four cemetery gates to avoid the reoccurrence of the exhumation.

Meanwhile, Jammeh debunked claims that a second exhumation incident took place in the area.

Alhagie Basiru Gassama, the cemetery security man, confirmed the mysterious exhumation of the corpse. Gassama said he does not know who was behind the exhumation. He tasked all residents to be vigilant about this matter henceforth.

“Let them all be vigilant and serve as security for the cemetery,’’ he said.

He also dismissed report of a second incident, saying that never happened in the cemetery.

Gassama warned that those engaged in exhuming people’s body in the cemetery will face the full force of the law. He said anyone who is apprehended will be taken to law enforcement officers.

Meawhile, 22 new solar lamps have been installed inside the cemetery to ensure the graveyard is secured from any criminal activities.

The Alkalo of Bakau was approached for comments, but he declined to make comments.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 22 Mar 2021 12:12:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06