Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Pensioners Pension Pittance .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2021 :  16:52:43  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is inevitable that every day needs to live are increasing due to shortages closed borders and most importantly the worldwide pandemic of Covid-19 virus.
I am no finacial expert but from my observations of normal folk in The Gambia over tens of years wages have been very low consequently any pension that was paid by an employeer did not increase in relation to the cost of living after retirement.
How this can be solved without some form of alternative payment option will be a problem for the government in this Presential election year.

++++++++++
Editorial on January 30, 2021

https://foroyaa.net/the-minister-of-finance-and-accountant-general-should-listen-to-the-pensioners/

==========

pensioners to go to the Bank to receive monies because of the low income they are receiving.

The Minister of Finance and the Accountant General should call for a meeting with the pensioners to find out their grievances and clear doubts regarding the information conveyed to them. Those who are the most disadvantaged should not be subjected to more hardship because of bureaucratic expediency.

There is likeliness that many pensioners would prefer not to go to a bank to open up savings account. Hence Government should develop a scheme whereby monies could reach pensioners at their place of residence or in places close to them.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 31 Jan 2021 16:56:31

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2021 :  10:52:50  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

https://foroyaa.net/what-have-the-pensioners-received-that-is-troubling-many-of-them/

==========

QUESTION OF THE DAY February 1, 2021

Foroyaa has been reliably informed by pensioners that they have received a form from the Treasury which they have to fill indicating the choice of Bank where they want their pension entitlement to be paid.

A draft letter is also attached which a pensioner is to sign which reads:

“I hereby request you to pay all sum of money now due to me or which may become due in respect of salary to the Standard Chartered, Trust Bank, AGIB, F I Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, ICB/FBN Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, BSIC, Mega Bank, Skye Bank, Zenith Bank, Supersonicz, GPFCCU, MHCCU, GAFCCU, QMoney, GTUCCU, Yonna, Reliance, Afrimoney.”

This imposition from the state is unfair to many pensioners who are not fully sensitised on how the change is to benefit them, if there are any benefits at all. The move should be voluntary and should be announced as such.

Any social welfare policy that is in the public interest should be a voluntary process and those who volunteer to adopt the policy may convince others if they see any benefit. Pensioners are the most disadvantaged people. They should not be further subjected to discomfort by bureaucratic policies.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06