Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Air Africa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jammin

Jamaica
149 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2020 :  18:45:54  Show Profile Send jammin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
with so many african countries having their own airlines , why is it so difficult for the countries of the African continent have a Continental Airline connecting Africa and diaspora countries. Direct flights, from Africa to the US, caribbean, and britain would be a gigantic step in the rightg direction for African unity. too long have the Africans allowed the Europeans control of their ability to move from the diaspora to africa and vice versa. No greater calalyst would be required to achieve African renewal and development.

Like a colossus He doth bestride the Narrow World

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2020 :  19:48:46  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you are forgetting just one thing COVID 19 Virus pandemic ,for example:

South African Airways (SAA) announced its decision to suspend all its domestic flights with effect from Friday, 27 March until 16 April 2020 (inclusive). The decision came after government announced a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days aimed at combatting the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

https://www.flysaa.com/about-us/leading-carrier/media-center/media-releases/newsroom

You will notice the month of JUNE 2020 is the last shown.
However they are looking to the future;

https://www.flysaa.com/plan-book/travel-information/fleet/detail/-/asset_publisher/MlImbr3pKrgr/content/airbus-a350-9-1

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

rassimian

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2020 :  10:48:31  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this idea of connecting Africa ( a collection of very many independent countries ) may appear to be a good idea but it is not realistic at this time or in the foreseeable future. covid 19 is only one reason why some airlines are deciding not to continue flights. Who is going to control and run Air Africa ? Consider the enormous distances between say the Caribbean and the African continent. Is any airline flying those routes ? I am not sure but if they are it won't be an airline of African origin. 'too long have the Africans allowed the Europeans control of their ability to move from the diaspora to Africa and vice versa' Sorry jamming but this is a very naïve statement. The reality is 'who has the money to set up an airline'? I remember flying many years ago with Ghana Airways. Not sure if it even exists now. Look at the attempts to set up alternative flights from Gambia to UK with new airlines and how they have failed. You need look no further than Thomas Cook , a major airline that transported thousands of people each year from UK to Gambia. Many airlines do not even own the aircraft they use, they are leased at a cost of over a million pounds per plane. Africa is not together in nationwide unity for many reasons. I am not sure how this concept of Air Africa is ever going to come to fruition although I like the idea.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2020 :  13:04:42  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Africa is not together in nationwide unity for many reasons."

Let's not go there we will never be finished

"I am not sure how this concept of Air Africa is ever going to come to fruition although I like the idea."

This is THE WORLD and not Heaven.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 24 Aug 2020 13:07:35
Go to Top of Page

rassimian

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2020 :  11:55:21  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
toubab, any chance you can put your reply in words. that would be more helpful. are you trying to make a point about what I have written.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06