Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Health and Nutrition Forum
 Health and Nutrition
 WHAT IF THE VIRUS HAS A CASUALTY? IS IT THE STATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2020 :  19:22:01  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHAT IF THE VIRUS HAS A CASUALTY? IS IT THE STATE OR THE FAMILY WHO HAS RIGHT TO BODY?
By Dembo Fatty

I am not an alarmist but a proactive individual who hates reactionary response. I love to plan ahead.

The virus can be deadly and transferable. I am not praying for any casualty and it is my hope and prayer that no human succumbs to the virus but unfortunately, it has some victims to its name in many countries.

We are a conservative society and because cremation is foreign to us, coupled with the fact that we do not wish to further contaminate people, we must have a plan how to deal with such a situation.

I understand that an emergency health declaration has been activated but what does that involve?

Under this declaration, who has powers over the deceased? Is it the state or the family? What does Islam and Christianity say about cremation?

If we are against cremation, do we have plans that ensures that we can safely practice our traditional ways of burial?

In 1869, the colonial government decided to cremate 1,059 bodies in Banjul in the wake of the cholera outbreak. I don't know if they consulted religious leaders then but it happened.

If the emergency health declaration has provisions for this question, then great. Otherwise there needs to be an answer in place. Engage the imams and the pastors and use them to use the power of the pulpit to educate.

There are ritual baths performed in the case of muslims. Can that be relaxed under Islamic law and if not, how can we safely ensure that it is performed without risking the lives of the living?

1869 is very different from 2020.

Wash, wash and wash your hands and stay away from large crowds if possible and take advice of health professionals. Insha-Allah, we will weather the storm together as a country with no casualty. It is possible.

Just thinking wildly and concerned.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2020 :  22:31:51  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here in Denmark doctors usually issue an instruction of how a corps should be treated by relatives and the undertaker.
The corps is sealed in plastic if the person dies from a contagious disease and in that case, water is only sprayed on it without breaking the seal if the person is a Muslim. In other cases, the corps is not sealed but it is advised to put on long gloves and masks and not to come in direct skin contact with the corps.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06