Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 New appointment for Mr Seyaka Sonko
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  15:34:45  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading this persons extensive experience in matters policing he has all the necessary attributes to make a great success in his new appointment,I wish him a successful tenure whilst in office.

======================================================================

https://foroyaa.gm/seyaka-sonko-appointed-as-new-police-adviser/

February 19, 2020
Mr Seyaka Sonko has been appointed as new Police Adviser according to a press release issued by the Office of the Inspector General of Police.

According to the release, Mr Seyaka Sonko was born in Serrekunda and went to Serrekunda Primary School and ST. Augustine’s High School.

He joined the Gambia Police Force in 1975 and after six months of basic police training, he was posted to Banjul Police Station, marking the beginning of his marathon police career.
He was later appointed as Cadet Officer and attended a course at Hendon Training Academy in the United Kingdom in 1981.

He gained promotions to superior ranks and acted under various capacities as officer commanding several units including Prosecutions, CID, Police Training School, amongst others.

Mr Sonko attended several seminars including ICAO in Dakar as well as a security seminar in Cairo Egypt on National Security. He also served with the UNCIVPOL in East Timor as contingent commander.

“My general profile as Police Officer is that of various areas of interest but the biggest input was the area of training and recruitment where I served the longest as an officer. I had the opportunity of working with various police advisers from the United Kingdom and Nigeria”, he stated.

The Inspector General’s Office wishes him a successful tenure while

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 21 Feb 2020 15:36:21

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  17:16:19  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is definitely a good choice. Let’s hope he is given chance to bring professionalism to the Force.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06