Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural guide: General
 Is Social Media a blessing or a curse ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2019 :  10:37:55  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Dear Reader....will you even bother to post and give your opinion,it's not political,or tribal or raceist topic........have you an opinion......do YOU even exist ?........ I have my doubts,go on prove me wrong !!
=====================================================================

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The office of the Inspector General of Police has noted with concern; the information making rounds on social media platforms about missing persons including adults and minors.

Although most of these reports on social media platforms were never formally filed with the police, exhaustive investigations have, however, been conducted in many of the reported cases.

The report about a 14 year old girl (name withheld) at Kanifing, allegedly kidnapped and held in an empty cargo container with other children proved to be untrue. She confessed visiting her boyfriend in Lamin village where she spent the night returning home at 4 p.m. the following day. The boyfriend, 18 years old adult has been arrested and he is helping with investigations.

Similarly, another report about 19-year-old Fatoumatta Manneh at Kotu, allegedly abducted and held in a dark unidentified room at an unknown location with other girls is equally unfounded. She confessed picking up a job as house maid at Kotu South where she stayed without her parent’s knowledge. She further admitted sending text messages to her family about her false abduction.

The case of a 15-year-old boy (name withheld) gone missing in Banjul was as well investigated. It was found that he left home to Senegal where he intended to enroll in a Qu’ranic school without knowledge of his parents. He has been found and reunited with his family.

The Inspector General’s Office wishes to assure the public that it will not relent in its efforts to protect life and properties of individuals as enshrined in Section 178 (1) and (2) of the Constitution of The Gambia.

In this regard, the general public is urged to report all cases and cooperate with the police in the fight against all forms of crimes. Press release

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/police-concern-over-fake-news-about-missing-persons

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 24 Jul 2019 10:38:25
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06