Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Alagie Martin,(a.k.a. "Lagos" ) Suspended from GAF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2019 :  15:00:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Monday, June 24, 2019

Brigadier General Alagie Martin, the inspector general of The Gambia Armed Forces (GAF), who is known as Lagos in the military has been suspended, The Point has been reliably informed.

General Martin last week testified before the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparations Commission (TRRC) – an institution mandated to investigate the atrocities allegedly committed under former President Jammeh.

GAF’s spokesperson, Major Lamin Sanyang, has confirmed that Brig. Gen. Martin was suspended even before his appearance at the TRRC.

His suspension, PRO Sanyang said, came after his name had been constantly and adversely mentioned at the ongoing TRRC.

Quizzed by the reporter as to how long Brig. Gen. Martin’s suspension had been, he replied that he didn’t know how long the suspension was. “What I can tell you is that he was suspended since May. As to how long was the suspension I can’t tell.”

Recall: Former military officer, Lamin Colley also suffered similar fate after it was clear before the TRRC that he had deliberately shot to kill Fafa Nyang. He was suspended and later dismissed from The Gambia Armed Forces.
Author: Momodou Jawo

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/brig-gen-martin-suspended

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 24 Jun 2019 15:01:44
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06