Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Arrested for allegedly selling husband’s vehicles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2019 :  15:15:08  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"The police Public Relations Officer ASP Lamin Njie, couldn’t be reached for comments at the time of gathering the report."

Not surprising as the arrested woman is still a SUSPECT and the Police,civil & military are still investigating & gathering evidence before any charges are made against anyone in relation to this matter.
It would be interesting to know weather there is any cross border co-operation between the authorities in Gambia and Guinee Bissau,in relations to matters such as this.
======================================================================
Thursday, June 06, 2019

Police in West Coast Region have arrested one, Kumba Sanneh, a native of Sare Wallom village, Jimara District, Upper River Region (URR), for allegedly selling two vehicles belonging to her husband; The Point has been reliably informed.

The suspect, a resident of Busumbala was detained at the Brikama Police Station at the time of gathering the report as investigation into the matter continues. She was alleged to have illegally sold two vehicles belonging to his husband (Bubacarr Jallow) who was residing in Europe.

“It’s so disgusting that the lady that I call my wife was involved into such kind of criminal activities with the help of other people. I believe she should have been the last person to be involved in doing such kind of activities against me,” her husband Babucarr Jallow, commonly known as Karo, told The Point in an interview.

The husband alleged that Kumba Sanneh also took away D28, 000 – the money meant for construction at his new compound at Mandinary.

“The accused claimed that she was robbed by two unknown individuals in a vehicle between Busumbala and Tabokoto when she was on her way to buy sand at Tipper Garage, the husband said. “What surprises me is; how can a person who supposed to buy a single trip of sand amounting to D4000 go with the entire D28, 000 that I asked her to keep for me?”

“I asked her to return the money because her claim about the money being stolen was baseless. I asked her to pack her things and wait for me at her father’s house until I return from Europe. But she decided to pack all my household materials including some of my important documents.”

Mr. Jallow accused one Musa Kandeh, a soldier at Yundum Barrack for conniving with his wife to sell one of his vehicles for D45, 000. “They also conspired and sold my Hyundai vehicle in Guinea Bissau for just D150, 000,” Mr. Jallow complained, claiming that the two vehicles would have cost D500, 000 if he was to sell them.

The Point has been informed that the man who accompanied Kumba Sanneh to Guinea Bissau to sell the Hyundai vehicle has also been arrested in connection with the matter. “The vehicle that she sold in Brikama has been recovered including some household materials. However, the Hyundai vehicle that she sold in Guinea Bissau couldn’t be recovered still now,” he said.

Meanwhile, the spokesperson of The Gambia Armed Forces (GAF), Major Lamin K. Sanynag, said the matter was brought to the attention of the Military Police. “However, the principal suspect (Kumba Sanneh) has exonerated the two soldiers that were mentioned in connection with the matter.

He added that the Military Police is yet to conduct any further investigation on the grounds that the suspect has confirmed that the two soldiers mentioned have nothing to do with the issue.

The police Public Relations Officer ASP Lamin Njie, couldn’t be reached for comments at the time of gathering the report.
Author: Momodou Jawo

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/woman-28-arrested-for-allegedly-selling-husbands-vehicles

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06