Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Cabinet Reshuffle : Darboe and two others dropped
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  14:51:55  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Press Release from State House

Cabinet Reshuffle

STATEHOUSE, BANJUL, 15th MARCH 2019 - His Excellency, Mr. Adama Barrow, President of the Republic of The Gambia acting under the provisions of sections 70 (5) (a), 71(4) (b) and Sections 70(3) and 71(3) of the Constitution of the Republic of The Gambia has made the following changes to his cabinet with effect from 15th March 2019:

1. H.E. A.N.M Ousainou Darboe has been relieved of his cabinet appointment as the Vice President of the Republic of The Gambia, and Honourable Dr. Isatou Touray, Minister of Health has now been appointed to the Position of Vice President. She will continue to oversee the Ministry of Health until further notice.

2. Hon. Amadou Sanneh has been relieved of his cabinet appointment as Minister to Trade, Regional Integration, Industry, and Employment. Mr. Lamin Jobe has been appointed Minister of Trade, Regional Integration, Industry, and Employment. The 51-year-old Jobe is a native of Sanchaba Sulay Jobe and holds a Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Poona, India. Mr. Jobe worked at the Ministry of Finance and Trade from 1981 to 1996 before moving to the National Investment Promotion Authority and Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation respectively. From 1998, he has been the General Manager of LAMFAM Enterprises in The Gambia and Guinea Bissau, respectively, until his current appointment as Minister of Trade, Regional Integration, Industry, and Employment.

3. Hon. Lamin N. Dibba has been relieved from his appointment as Minister of Agriculture, and Honourable James Gomez, Minister of Fisheries and Water Resources will oversee the Agriculture Ministry until further notice.

End

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2019 :  12:43:34  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darboe tells supporters he’s now free like a bird

The Point: Monday, March 18, 2019

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/darboe-tells-supporters-hes-now-free-like-a-bird

Former vice president, Ousainou Darboe has told his supporters after he was sacked on Friday that he is now free like a bird and could fly anywhere around the world without being committed to any government work.

Lawyer Ousainou Darboe, who was sacked last Friday by President Adama Barrow was addressing his supporters, family members and friends who came to show solidarity at his house shortly after he was fired.

The sacking of Mr. Darboe has made Barrow appoint three vice presidents in less than three years, using executive powers he had criticised Jammeh of.

Mr. Darboe made a little joke of his dismissal, saying “the bus conductor had dropped me off the bus. I can fly anywhere I wanted. I am now a free man.”

The UDP leader went on to call on his supporters to be law abiding and avoid any action that would render inoperative the courthouse in Banjul, at the same time raising the case of the fired MP Ya Kumba Jaiteh.

“I don’t want any of my supporters to cause noise at/ during the resumption of Ya Kumba Jaiteh’s case. If any citizen is interested to attend the court can do so but without resorting to disorderliness,” he said.

He finally called on his supporters to be more steadfast and work towards the development of the UDP.

Some of the speakers at the meeting claimed that Mr. Barrow has betrayed the UDP. “He has betrayed us. With the advent of smartphones, now we can use it to communicate with the entire country. Darboe has nothing to lose. He has our support,” said some of UDP supporters.

Author: Arfang M.S. Camara

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2019 :  12:44:42  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amadou Sanneh: My sacking did not surprise me

The point: Monday, March 18, 2019

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/amadou-sanneh-my-sacking-did-not-surprise-me

The former minister of Trade, Regional Integration and Employment, Amadou Sanneh has said that his sacking did not come to him as a surprise, saying he knew earlier that Barrow had planned for it for long time but didn’t have ways to do it.

Sanneh was speaking to UDP supporters, family members and friends shortly after he was fired from Barrow’s Cabinet.

He further said, he spoke with Darboe who had travelled to Mauritania about the issue of Ya Kumba Jaiteh, adding that Darboe communicated to Adama Barrow and told him that he didn’t have any authority to sack Ya Kumba, in which he said, Barrow angrily told lawyer Darboe that this is what you are also saying.

“Now it is left to us. I am not in UDP to support one person; be it Ousainou Darboe or Adama Barrow but rather I am in UDP for the interest of the Gambia,” he said. “Adama Barrow has betrayed us now, and that he’s now seeing only himself now not to be there for 5 years, but he’s looking at being the president for the next 10 years.”

He revealed that they have heard all what President Adama Barrow always said: “I don’t even sit yet, you people want to coup d’état me,” Sanneh quoted Barrow as saying.

He accused Barrow as someone who always looks at his interest, and to him, he saw this sacking coming earlier.

“We encountered a lot during Jammeh’s time and getting to this stage, believing that we should be enjoying, but God desires that this one will be another issue of its own different from Jammeh’s own,” he said.

“I suspected about this earlier because some people within the executive are very short-tempered and they always want to be doing something, but Darboe always protect him and tell those people that Barrow is from UDP,” he said.

According to him, they as UDP have always been fighting with APRC, but Adama Barrow who is from UDP is now appointing APRC personnels beside him, saying these are the people advising him.

“Adama Barrow is now taking the footsteps of Yahya Jammeh, thereby appointing APRC personnels and Jammeh’s people,” he said, citing the CRR governor as an example.

He said that there is no change of government but the only change is Barrow replacing Yahya Jammeh.

He added that Barrow is now appointing all the APRC personnel and Jammeh’s people, which he said is a very cause for concern. “The people that we have been fighting yesterday, is the same people that he is appointing today to fight us again because these are the people who are advising him as well giving him ideas,” he said.

He finally said that they would now leave everything in the hands of God, adding that they are not position-minded but instead, they want the progress of The Gambia.

Author: Arfang M.S. Camara

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06