Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 lawmaker brands BYM as biggest distraction to NDP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11527 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2019 :  12:27:13  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Central Badibou lawmaker brands BYM as biggest distraction to NDP

The Point: Thursday, February 14, 2019

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/central-badibou-lawmaker-brands-bym-as-biggest-distraction-to-ndp

The National Assembly Member for Central Badibou, Sulayman Saho, has described the Barrow National Youth Movement for Development (BYM) as the biggest distraction to the National Development Plan (NDP).

In an exclusive interview with West Coast Radio on Tuesday, the Central Badidou NAM said he did not see the need to have such movements all in the name of development, citing The Green Youths during Jammeh’s era which he claimed was of no use.

“The biggest distraction in this country are the Barrow Youth Movement. Because we have our national development plan, this is the plan of the Gambian people; you and I. This is the plan we subscribed to.

“If they are a charity or a foundation, let them operate, it’s not our business, but one thing I want to tell Gambians is we have our national structures, the government operates on modus operandi, we have government institutions. If they are complementing the efforts of the government why not they go and partner with National Youth Council.”

Saho said if members of the movement are interested in supporting the president, it should be in line with the National Development Plan but he said they appear to have their own plans which according to him, will soon come to light.

Saho expressed his dissatisfaction with establishment of youth movements attached to governments claiming they do not serve the purpose that will be of a greater good.

“There was a government in The Gambia before that also have a youth wing, you call it the Green Boys, the havoc they did to us you know, they went to the extent of even doing the services of our security men in this country.”

Asked if he perceived the BYM as developmental organisation or a political body, Saho chose the latter, saying they are ‘distractors’ and could form a political party. He urged the president and all members of the movement to form a political party if that is what they want rather than using the movement to veil their real motives.

On the much talked about term limit on whether the president should serve only three years or extending it to five, the president of the United Democratic Party’s youth wing, Saho, said, his party is yet to discuss the subject matter.

Author: Sankulleh Gibril Janko

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2019 :  15:33:32  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In many ways it is good to note that the YOUTHS (i.e. The future of The NEW Gambia ) is of such interest to politicians,this is evident because of the promenence in the media and the NA of entities such as BYM NYC,and other youth organisations,I get very confused by most organisations being known by ititials,such as I have use above.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06