Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 NAWEC: 2 yrs electricity agreement with KARPOWER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11516 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2018 :  15:28:34  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NAWEC signs 2 yrs electricity agreement with KARPOWER

The Point: Tuesday, February 13, 2018

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/nawec-signs-2-yrs-electricity-agreement-with-katpower

The National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC) Monday signed a short term electricity agreement with the Turkish rental electricity company, KARPOWER. The projected is expected to start in 7weeks, officials said.

The agreement was signed at the Petroleum House and was meant to find a short term solution to frequent power shortage in The Gambia. The short term agreement will last for 2 years.

KATPOWER is a rental electricity company in Turkey having series of vessels with different generating capacity operating in some Africa countries.

Minister of Energy, Fafa Sanyang described the agreement as a milestone, saying it would help government provide reliable, stainable and affordable energy supply to the people of The Gambia for sustainable economic growth and development.

He added that since independence, the energy sector continues to struggle with adequate power supply. “The new government has recognised the urgency to transform and modernise the energy sector and its development partners to have a lasting solution to the energy problem.”

Minister Sanyang said the signing ceremony forms as short-term plan as part of capacity improvement measures on the energy sector roadmap. The objective is set part for NAWEC to rehabilitate, repair and maintain its implementation of its ongoing project to eliminate its energy constrain, he said.

The managing director of NAWEC, Baba Fatajo, said NAWEC and its partner provide durable solution to the energy constrain. The agreement, he said will be formalized with the commencement of the installation of the 30 megawatt rental plan.

“The most challenge NAWEC faces is lack of adequate resources in the needed investment in the energy sector and generate losses as a result of this,” he said. “The company will improve in their service and plead to their esteemed customers for timely and effective payment.”

Mehmet Katmer from KARPOWER said the contract requires that they work together with NAWEC to achieve a common goal by delivering sustainable electricity for the Gambian people.

He said the navigable energy supplies will arrive in Banjul in 3weeks.

Chairman, board of directors of NAWEC, Aki Allen, said the agreement will bring renewed hope to their organizations.

He added that several measures both short and long term plan have been proposed to realise government’s objective in the energy sector.

Author: Rose Zahra GOMEZ

Related: http://www.karpowership.com/tr/home?v=basic

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

toubab1020

12240 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2019 :  18:04:44  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is an interview by THe STANDARD NEWSPAPER with Mr Yankuba Mamburay, Born IN Faraba Banta !!

=====================================================================================================
LONGISH SNIPPET (full article can be read from the link below)

Severe erratic power supply has been the bane of The Gambia and blighted its development since independence. Successive governments have employed a pot-pourri of measures to ameliorate the situation without much success. However, in May 2018, the Turkish company Karpowership began feeding about 30MW of power into the national grid in the framework of a power purchase agreement with the national utilities company, Nawec. Although power outages have not been stopped, they are no longer the normal.
The Standard managing editor, Sheriff Bojang, this week talked to the company’s ebullient and dynamic project manager, Mr Yankuba Mamburay, about Karpowership’s collaboration with Nawec to stabilise The Gambia’s perennial power problem.

The Standard: Tell us a little about yourself. I am from the village of Faraba Banta. That’s where I went to school. From there I went to St Augustine’s High School. I did my GCE Ordinary Level Examination in 1989 and Advanced Level in 1991. I got my first degree in Malaysia and an MBA in the USA. I worked in Asia, Africa and the US.

https://standard.gm/?p=51762

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06