Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 UK - Foreign travel advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2015 :  17:40:47  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is really bad for the economy

Foreign travel advice - Gambia

Summary

Still current at:
2 June 2015

Updated:
1 June 2015

Summary - the Gambian government is currently blocking consular access to all foreign nationals in detention; as a result, the British Embassy in Banjul is not able to provide consular assistance to any British nationals who may be detained by the Gambian authorities

Read Full advice here

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2015 :  12:43:05  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Serious,I hope that this situation can be resolved very soon,if not it will have a very bad effect on the future travel plans of those who enjoy visiting the Gambia,and make those people from the UK who were considering a holiday in Gambia think twice.The Gambian economy is heavily reliant on holiday makers to spend their money.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 03 Jun 2015 12:44:44
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2015 :  12:10:35  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This "blocking consular access to all foreign nationals in detention" (note the word "all") would NOT have been taken lightly by the Gambian government and their advisors if there had been in their opinion any alternative course of action to take,in my previous posting I should have not highlighted the UK only,it relates to EVERYONE IN DETENTION FROM ANY COUNTRY,sorry if I gave the impression that ONLY THE UK was affected.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 04 Jun 2015 12:11:52
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11513 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2015 :  23:15:58  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Press release

Minister for Africa expresses disappointment at Gambia diplomatic expulsion

From: Foreign & Commonwealth Office and James Duddridge MP First published:11 June 2015Part of:Gambia ...

James Duddridge calls on Gambian authorities to reconsider expulsion of the Deputy Head of EU Delegation from Banjul

Speaking upon news of the expulsion the Minister for Africa James Duddridge said:

“I am disappointed by the decision of the Gambian Government to expel the Deputy Head of EU Delegation from Banjul at short notice. No prior warning nor explanation has been given for the expulsion, which follows the recent resumption of important human rights discussions between the EU and The Gambia.

“I call upon the Gambian authorities to reconsider their decision as a matter of urgency.”

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06