Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural guide: Music
 Mawdo' s daughter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2015 :  20:59:43  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote

kiwi

Momodou

Denmark
11525 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2015 :  22:09:00  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that Mawdo Sey's daughter?

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2015 :  23:15:46  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes she is. A few days ago she released an EP "For Maudo", the songs are not on youtube yet.

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11525 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  08:16:19  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
music / Feature

Meet Seinabo Sey, Sweden's Bluesy New Pop Hope

In this week's GEN F, a singer goes from shy girl to fly girl.

By Michael Cragg

Apr/May 2015

Like most kids born in the '90s, 24-year-old Seinabo Sey grew up glued to MTV. "I was obsessed with Cribs, like I wanted my room to look like Beyoncé's," she says over the phone from her Stockholm apartment. "I grew up in a town with no black people at all, so Destiny's Child and Alicia Keys became my idols." Anchored by her husky, lived-in vocal, Sey's bluesy reworking of neo-soul may bear little resemblance to high-gloss R&B; but recent singles like the lightly vocoded hymnal "You" tap the same universal emotions—of love, loss, and redemption—that permeate all great pop music. "As soon as I get too personal and introverted in my songs, I worry about whether people can relate to it," she says.

Read more

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2015 :  18:36:46  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More special tribute on her dad. May his soul rip! Ameen
Pap Touray and her dad Mawdo Sey May their souls rip and Most Merciful grant them mercy! Ameen

Edited by - kobo on 17 May 2015 18:51:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06