Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Tourism Affected by Ebola
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rassimian

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  12:43:39  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surprising that no one has reported this as Thomas Cook airlines have caused many problems for those wishing to fly to the Gambia.Hundreds of people have been affected by their recent decision to cancel Sunday flights to the Gambia.These flights have been cancelled from many if not all of the cities that TC operate from. Check out the daily correspondence on Trip Advisor. It seems that where TC were flying 3 times weekly to the Gambia, cancellations (probably due to worries about Ebola) have made them cut back to 2 flights and this has caused havoc with people who have booked flights only as well as package holidays. I can speak from personal knowledge of this as my travel arrangements to the Gambia have been affected. The incompetence of TC to deal with this is evident. They have the audacity to cut back on peoples holiday time without informing them of their decision. Because of what I had read on TripAdvisor I ended up contacting TC only to find out that they had shortened my holiday time from 10 days to 7 days. I told them that this was not acceptable and that as I had booked this trip in March they could not tell me that the Wednesday flight had been fully booked at that time. I am waiting to hear back from them but if no joy I will be cancelling and asking for a refund. BEWARE if you have booked a Gambian trip through TC. Check if you were due to fly out on a Sunday.Apparently Gambia Experience flights not affected. So tourist numbers likely to be down for the 2014/15 season. A shame !

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  16:54:20  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Apparently Gambia Experience flights not affected."

There is your answer in a few words,why would you not travel with Gambia Experience,a company who has been providing flights to Gambia for more than 25 years and knows "Gambian systems" very well .

Gambia has to prepare to deal with quite a few problems in the coming year, Ebola,lack of tourists caused by the Ebola outbreak in other countries,lack of the normal rainfall in 2013,possibility of even more hunger and lack of food because of the climate,lack of hard money from tourist income a knock on effect is that those Gambians employed either directly or indirectly will have little money for essentials. As you wrote, very sad.

quote:
Originally posted by rassimian

Surprising that no one has reported this as Thomas Cook airlines have caused many problems for those wishing to fly to the Gambia.Hundreds of people have been affected by their recent decision to cancel Sunday flights to the Gambia.These flights have been cancelled from many if not all of the cities that TC operate from. Check out the daily correspondence on Trip Advisor. It seems that where TC were flying 3 times weekly to the Gambia, cancellations (probably due to worries about Ebola) have made them cut back to 2 flights and this has caused havoc with people who have booked flights only as well as package holidays. I can speak from personal knowledge of this as my travel arrangements to the Gambia have been affected. The incompetence of TC to deal with this is evident. They have the audacity to cut back on peoples holiday time without informing them of their decision. Because of what I had read on TripAdvisor I ended up contacting TC only to find out that they had shortened my holiday time from 10 days to 7 days. I told them that this was not acceptable and that as I had booked this trip in March they could not tell me that the Wednesday flight had been fully booked at that time. I am waiting to hear back from them but if no joy I will be cancelling and asking for a refund. BEWARE if you have booked a Gambian trip through TC. Check if you were due to fly out on a Sunday.Apparently Gambia Experience flights not affected. So tourist numbers likely to be down for the 2014/15 season. A shame !

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

rassimian

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2014 :  13:07:15  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately toubab, Gambia Experience is not the answer. They are more expensive than Thomas Cook ,they don't have as many flights and don't they lease TC aircraft for some of their flights.It appears that the Ebola outbreak has caused the problem of less bookings and TC have not managed this fact very well for those who have booked with them. I am just one of many hundreds of people whose travel arrangements have been disrupted and not sorted satisfactorily. As you say its going to be a bad year for Gambia and its citizens.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06