Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Ferry Services Problems!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  20:43:18  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Meanwhile, information reaching this paper intimated that the arrests came in the wake of the missing two fully loaded containers at the Ports.
However, our sources could not identify the source or sender of the containers nor the recipient. And the content of the containers are shrouded secrecy, though unconfirmed reports suggested that they contain cocaine. "

another quote from the same piece:
"When the spokesman of GPA, Ousman Gibba was contacted, he indicated that he was not aware of the saga until a publication was made of it by The Daily Observer on Wednesday.
GPA’s human resources manager was contacted, but he also referred this reporter to the acting managing director, Mr Marong. The latter however claimed that he was busy."

I bet he was !

http://dailynews.gm/africa/gambia/article/gambia-ports-boss-released

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 10 Feb 2012 20:45:39
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  21:27:31  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DAILY OBSERVER NEWS;

THE DAILY NEWS;

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  22:22:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/gpa-staff-faces-d6m-economic-crime-charge

Perhaps there ARE two unrelated "problems" to be dealt with.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2012 :  08:22:04  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DAILY OBSERVER NEWS;

THE DAILY NEWS;

Edited by - kobo on 11 Feb 2012 08:33:22
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2012 :  14:12:51  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GAMBIA ECHO;

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  00:47:22  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FOROYAA NATIONAL NEWS;

THE POINT NEWS;

Edited by - kobo on 15 Feb 2012 01:12:58
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  19:21:04  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was the Foroyaa piece:

http://www.foroyaa.gm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8878

REACTION OF THE DIRECTOR OF FERRY SERVICES
According to the Director of Ferry Services Mr Ali Gai, the reduction in ferry traffic on
Wednesday the 8 February 2012 was not due to any mechanical fault but was a by product of the weather conditions. Mr Gai asserted that due to the weather, the place became foggy.
According to him they had an incident when one of the ferries going to Barra, missed its way and moved towards the Atlantic ocean because the place became dark as there was no light at the other end. Because of this he said, they sent a press release to the Gambia Radio and Television services informing the general public that their ferry schedules will change until further notice and that is what happened.

Take your pick which version you think is correct

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  16:16:37  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THE DAILY NEWS;

THE POINT NEWS EDITORIAL;

Edited by - kobo on 06 Mar 2012 17:04:52
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  17:18:24  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two topics KOBO same subject No starting new news about anything Gambian,is that good ? is that bad ? no politicos,quite peaceful really

Edited by - toubab1020 on 06 Mar 2012 17:20:10
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2012 :  12:47:08  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DAILY OBSERVER NEWS;

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  12:56:21  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Work appears almost complete on the new loading place and quayside for the new big ferries which are at present moored at Banjul,two of the older ferries are still running JUST
but with crossing times of one and a quarter hours on one engine instead of four is still unacceptable to passengers,it is rumored that the new boats will be running in 3 months time but with only one loading ramp they are not an ideal solution.

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  04:11:03  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FREEDOM NEWS;

Edited by - kobo on 17 Apr 2012 04:57:35
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  09:46:41  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is nothing new in this piece,except to re enforce that the existing ships are not in good condition and as a consequence of that are more likely to have "an accident" in which passengers may be injured or die.
The hold up in bringing the "new" ferries into operation is serious and should be dealt with as soon as possible weather that holdup is political,financial, administrative,or for any other reason.Something that has also to be remembered is that the crew and captain have to be well trained and familiar with handling such a mighty ship

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  15:12:11  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THE DAILY NEWS EDITORIAL;

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  13:21:10  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its May day now, any signs of the new ferries being taken into use yet ?

I have seen nothing in the media,

What is the delay being caused by ?

Edited by - toubab1020 on 01 May 2012 13:23:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06