Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 Editing your posting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11508 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  14:38:22  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Why not edit your posting instead?

This is from the Bantaba FAQ:
You may edit or delete your own posts at any time. You have to log in first to be able to see the editing tools.
Just go to the topic where the post to be edited or deleted is located and you will see an edit or delete icon on the line that begins "posted on..." Click on this icon to edit or delete the post. No one else can edit your post, except the forum Moderator or the forum Administrator.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  16:11:46  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Good tips Momodou. Couple of days ago under the topic, "Person of the year 2013," my edit was not enabled for some weird reason, at least temporalily. I am not sure where the glitch was coming from.

Sometimes rejoinders helps to connect with what was previously submitted. It is a taste. If you go ahead and edit the error, the appetite of the piece might be taken off. If the smell in good coffee/perfume difuses in to air, nothing is left. That is just for the sake of humor....think about it!

I understand you are guarding space and it makes perfect sense. I also believe people whose pieces are edited or removed by admins should be notified. Otherwise, it will constitute a violation of their right to free speech and would be censorship in the highest order.

Thanks,

Yero.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Edited by - Dalton1 on 03 Jan 2014 16:23:59
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11508 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  17:16:25  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalton1
I understand you are guarding space and it makes perfect sense. I also believe people whose pieces are edited or removed by admins should be notified. Otherwise, it will constitute a violation of their right to free speech and would be censorship in the highest order.

I don't know why the above comment but it was not about guarding space but pointing to you that you have a possibility of editing your topic in this case.

With regard to the rest, you have to re-visit the "User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer Statement for Bantaba in Cyberspace"

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  17:42:10  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
The rules are sometimes either not complete or modified by comfort as a result of opinion bias. Policing people opinion have a tendency for too much control on how one should think/not think, how one should express his opinion/not express his opinion.

I agree on your pointing out that it is not space guarding and I take that back.

I rest my case!

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11508 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  20:19:55  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Good You see the point.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06