Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Religion Forum
 Religion Forum: World Religions
 Quran and Hadith
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:06:57  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message
Hadith

Narrated Muawiya: I heard The Prophet (pbuh) saying, "If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion. I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah. (And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah's teachings strictly & they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah's order (Day of Judgment) is established." [Bukhari Vl 1 No 71]

As Salamu Alaikum Waramatullah Wabarakatu

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:15:07  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

"Warn mankind (of the coming torment in Hell), and give good
news to those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Prophet
Muhammad SAW) that they shall have with their Lord the rewards of their
good deeds?" [The Qur'an: Surah Yununs: Verse 2]

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:20:02  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Judges are of three types, two of them will go to the Hellfire and one type will go to Paradise. The one who knows the truth and judges with it – he is in Paradise. One who knows the truth but doesn’t judge by it, will go to Hellfire. The one who doesn’t know the truth and judges between people with ignorance, will go to the Hellfire.” [Abu Daud, Tirmidhi]

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:22:23  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

Friday (Jumuah) is the best day of the week - Abu Huraira reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: “The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created. on it he was made to enter Paradise , on it he was expelled from it. And the last hour will take place on no day other than Friday.” [Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1857]

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:29:19  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said, "Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "Al-Kursî" [The Qur'an 2:255] for then a guardian from Allah [Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala] will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn." (Sahih Bukhari Volume 4 Book 54 No.495)

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:57:14  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
I think the approach you have is the best concort. As a Muslim, it is the best way to live the religion you believe (Your boundary is you and your family) and share the way you think is best with others as a 'passive' promoter is the best. I never like to dictate the believe to others. Let us be honest we do know many Muslims like to dictate what they believe to others, and most seculars (the one not liberal seculars) have the habit to dictate on others as well. Contrary the common believe that Muslims are being more aggressive, there are more aggressiveness by non-Muslims in the forum than the Muslims on other members of Religion. Keep up the good work to promote this great religion for others.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  14:04:56  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message
Turk, there's a misconception here that I try to preach or impose my religious beliefs onto others. To my recollection, that has never been the case. I simply share the words of our creator as well as that of our noble Prophet (PBUH). Most of my postings are meant to be a reminder to my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters...as I have also benefitted and been reminded by members of this forum regarding our dean. This is the beauty of the Ummah of our beloved Prophet Muhammed (PBUH). Thanks for your positive outlook of things...Jummah Mubarak, bro.

Edited by - concort on 11 Jun 2010 14:35:19
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  15:07:57  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
There are lots of misconceptions. For example, if you stand up for Palestine, you are 'radical extremist' and Arab lover or further Taliban. Ignorance. I mean there must be millions of British (white) Islamic radical extremist I say. I saw them on the streets fighting with the British Police for the people of Gaza. People ignore the fact that Palestine is about land and having a state of their own. It is about diplomacy, politics. I am sure there are elements of religion, who does not. Dubya once mentioned war on terrorism is 'crusade' which is equal term of 'jihad'. Like you said many misconceptions. Jummah Mubarak.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 11 Jun 2010 15:08:39
Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  21:27:56  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

Rifa’ah bin Rafi’ Az-Zuraqi (radi Allahu anhu) said: “Jibreel (alaihis salam) came to the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and asked: ‘How do you estimate among you those who participated in the battle of Badr?’ The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) replied, ‘They were the best of Muslims.’ Jibreel said: ‘The same is the case of the angels who were at Badr.’” [Sahih Bukhari]

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  11:39:41  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

"O humanity! We have created you from a single male and female and have
made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another (not that
you have pride over one another). Verily, the most honorable of you in
Allah's sight is the one most pious." The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 49, Verse 13

This is a beautiful Ayah of the Qur'an. "O mankind! Verily, there has come to you a convincing proof (Prophet Muhammad) from your Lord, and We sent down to you a manifest light (this Qur’an). So, as for those who believed in Allah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and Grace and guide them to Himself by a Straight Path." (The Noble Qur'an 4:174-175)

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The strong man is not the one who wrestles others; rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself at times of anger.” [The Book of Al-Birr: Sahih Muslim] I wish we could all apply this wonderful Hadith. Ameen!

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  11:24:41  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message
Narrated Abu Huraira:

While the Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When would the Hour (Doomsday) take place?" Allah's Apostle continued his talk, so some people said that Allah's Apostle had heard the question, but did not like what that Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Alllah's Apostle had not heard it. When the Prophet finished his speech, he said, "Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Doomsday)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Apostle ." Then the Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday)." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour (Doomsday.)"

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 3 :: Hadith 56

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that a man said to the Prophet (saws), “Advise me.” The prophet (PBUH) said, “Do not become angry.” The man repeated his request several times, and each time the Prophet (S.A.W) told him, “Do not become angry.”

(Reported by al-Bukhari, Fath al-Baaree, 10/456)

Edited by - concort on 24 Jun 2010 14:22:27
Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  14:38:04  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message
There are several Hadeeth that emphasize the excellence of Yamul Jummah, friday. The Prophet (SAW) said: Friday is the master of the days and it is bigger in the sight of Allah, it is bigger in the sight of Allah than Eidul Fitr and Eidul Adhaa.
This is why the supplications are highly recommended on Friday especially in the last part of the day (Asr time).

Also, Sallatu Alan Nabbiyy, envoking Allah's blessings on the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is strongly encouraged during the day and night of Friday. We should never forget envoking Allah's blessings on all the Prophets and Messengers as well. Like our beloved Prophet (SAW) said:Invoke blessings on Allah's Messengers and Prophets as you invoke blessings on me, for they were sent as I have been sent.

[Ahmad and al-Khatib transmitted it from Abu Huraira (RAA)].
Recitation of [ (Suratul 18) Khaf, the Cave,] is recommended on Friday.

Edited by - concort on 25 Jun 2010 14:40:37
Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  05:39:41  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

Subject: Every soul shall have a taste of death

ALLAH S.W.T. said:

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have succeeded. As for the life of this world, it is nothing but a merchandise of vanity." [3:185]

"Surely we are from God, and to Him we shall return." [2:156]

May ALLAH guide us always to the right path, forgive us our shortcomings, purify us, & have mercy on us when we meet Him.

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2010 :  23:51:14  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message
Caring for the Orphans

Caring for the Orphans and Weak According to the Holy Traditions:

The best Muslim's home is the one wherein an orphan is supported and is treated in a loving and affectionate manner, and the worst is that home wherein an orphan lives and is treated badly or cruelly. It is related by Sahl ibn Saad (R.A.) that Rasulullah Muhammad (PBUH) said:

"Whoever supports an orphan from among his own or any other family; he will be as close to me in Heaven as these fingers are close to each other."

Sahl (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (PBUH) made a motion of his index and middle fingers (while he said this) and there was only a little space between the two. In another Hadith the Holy Prophet (PBUH)made a provision: provided that he is not guilty of an unpardonable sin. (I will start another topic highlighting some of the major sins, Insha’ Allah).

This Hadith explains the status, of the hereafter, of that bondman who accepts the responsibility of supporting an orphan belonging either to his own family or any other family with whom he has no particular blood tie. Which make the fact clear that the promise of salvation and entry into paradise is subject to the condition of not committing a misdeed such as polytheism, murder etc which may not be pardonable by Allah.

Abu Hurairah (R.A.) reports that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) stated "Whoever caresses the head of an orphan (in affection), solely for the sake of Allah, a good deed will be written to his account for every hair over which he passed his hand, and whoever treated an orphan (boy or girl) with goodness and kindness, he and I will be close to each-other in Heaven as these two fingers"

The Prophet (S.A.W.) made a gesture with his fingers as explained above. It is therefore clear that the glad tidings on showing kindness to orphans are dependent on the condition that the loving and kindly treatment is wholly with the intention of earning the pleasure of Allah (S.W.T)

Visiting The Sick And Feeding The Hungry

In a Hadith reported by Abu Moosa Ash'ari (R.A.), The Prophet (S.A.W.) said "Feed the hungry, visit the sick and free the captives."

Besides mention of feeding the hungry - which is a deed of compassion and kind-heartedness, this Hadith also contains an injunction for visiting the sick and obtaining the freedom of those who are (unlawfully) held prisoners.

In common terms, visiting the sick simply denotes enquiring after one’s health but here, it is used in a broader sense and includes also the caring and arranging of treatment for the sick, if necessary, provided that one is able to do so. The rewards and blessings for these deeds are (once again) very great.

Edited by - concort on 05 Jul 2010 23:55:51
Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2010 :  05:30:13  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, The Beneficent, the Merciful. Owner of the Day of Judgment, Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help. Show us the straight path, The path of those whom Thou hast favoured. Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray. May His Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of us and our families.

Go to Top of Page

concort

365 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2010 :  10:18:51  Show Profile Send concort a Private Message

Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said: “Read the Qur’an, for it will come on the Day of Resurrection interceding for its companions.” [Sahih Muslim, 804] & “The one who recites the Qur’an and learns it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven) and the one who exerts himself to learn the Qur’an by heart and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.” [Sahih Bukhari, 4937]

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06