Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 I remember,don't I ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2010 :  18:42:56  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I thought Brikama Council had some very serious financial problems a while back,I take it that the money mentioned in the article is money collected from the taxpayers recently and nothing to do with the previous financial problems, can anyone enlighten me if I am correct? or is there still money unaccounted for from previous administrations in Brikama?

This from The Observer:
http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/bac-presents-over-d500-000-for-road-rehabilitation

BAC presents over D500, 000 for road rehabilitation

Africa » Gambia
Thursday, June 03, 2010
The Brikama Area Council on Tuesday gave out five hundred and seventy thousand dalasi (D570, 000) to five wards in Brikama.

The money is earmarked for the rehabilitation of some major roads in that community, and the beneficiary wards include: Mesira, Nema, Gidda, Suba and Tambana.

Talking about the project, Modou Jonga, the public relations officer of Brikama Area Council informed that it is funded by the council as part of their commitment to creating smooth transportation network within the beneficiaty communities. He noted that it is their desire to finish the work before the rainy season.

He described the Tambana-Brikama Road as one of the most important roads while describing the whole project as a manifestation the commitment of the council to plough back the revenue generated from the tax payers.

For his part, the vice chairman of Brikama Area Council, Lamin Haja Bojang, noted the team spirit in Council's work and their resolve to make life easy for their people. Serreh Sanneh, a native of Suba Ward residing in Gidda, expressed gratitude to BAC for the good work they are rendering to the community.

Author: By Ebrima M Kanuteh

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

toubab1020

12242 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  16:23:42  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I really thought that there may be a Gambian poster here on bantaba who has a memory,obviously not

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 04 Jun 2010 16:24:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06