Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 Warrior Abdou Njai/Burama Njai
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tikiedi

Gambia
6 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2010 :  04:17:50  Show Profile Send tikiedi a Private Message
Does anyone know whether Abdou and Burama Njai are the same person or they are infact different people. Abdou was a king around the end of the 19th century and a warrior.

Burama was also a kinf and and a warrior around the same time. I am just curious if they are related or are infact the same person. I know that Burama Njai was killed in Brikama.
But I dont know much about him.

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2010 :  13:12:41  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
I believe they are two different people. A video on the history of Brikama on our website(www.onegambia.com/orahistvids.php) touches on a disagreement Burama Njie had with the then residents of Brikama leading to his assassination. An oral history(www.onegambia.com/orahist.php) also on our website touches on the history of Abdou Njie. I will try to find out which and send the link.
Go to Top of Page

tamsier

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  22:52:20  Show Profile
Totally different. Burama is the one some people also call Ebrima Njie [of saloum]. Burama and Ebrima are the same. Abdou Njie on the other hand spent some of his time fighting in wori. It was he who launched a war againt the manjak after they killed his griot and advisor - the great ibra faye.

Tamsier

Serere heritage. Serere religion. Serere to the end.

Roog a fa ha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06