Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 History
 oral history videos
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2009 :  21:38:32  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Just want to bring to those interested in oral history of the Gambia of a new video page we just added. Check www.onegambia.com/orahistvids.php and send feedback to us at info@onegambia.

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  18:26:36  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
Thanks gainde, i enjoyed it. please continue blessing us with the orals.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

www.suntoumana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  07:37:25  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
New video added to the oral history video playlist(Baddibu KintehKunda). Check it out and drop a line in our guestbook
http://www.onegambia.com/orahistvids.php
[Click on the 'playlist button' to bring up the list and select the video you would like to watch]

Edited by - gainde on 25 Aug 2009 07:44:20
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  08:24:50  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message

This is brillaint Gainde. how can we ever thank you? By the way don't forget, you know what.
i would like to see some serere tradition gainde. any idea on that?

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22
"And among His signs is the creation of heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge." Qu'ran

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  09:08:20  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Thanks Santa and I do enjoy the videos as much.I do have some a serere cultural video and will add soon as well more oral history videos(including history Janjanbureh Town, serrekunda, Essau, Brikama and many more)
For Santa: I havent forgotten and will put together sth hopefully before the end of the week.
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  10:31:16  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
Gainde, i hereby crown you 'Mister culture-- inclusive Gambian'

Thanks. looking forward to your rich views.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12241 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  20:24:54  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gainde

New video added to the oral history video playlist(Baddibu KintehKunda). Check it out and drop a line in our guestbook
http://www.onegambia.com/orahistvids.php
[Click on the 'playlist button' to bring up the list and select the video you would like to watch]

Very good idea, you could ask the Admin here if he could add you to his links.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  07:40:00  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Am confident there are many more cultural people out here including yourself but thanks for the honor, Santa. Hope you got hold of some good quality 'warga' for the Ramadan this time. I will add the 'Janjanbureh' history video soon.
quote:
Originally posted by Santanfara

Gainde, i hereby crown you 'Mister culture-- inclusive Gambian'

Thanks. looking forward to your rich views.

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  14:57:43  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Janjanbureh video added today. Enjoy!!

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11520 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  15:15:25  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Tom, thanks. Its very much appreciated, keep it up.
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  19:59:23  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
Gainde, another treasure. This is what bolonkono folks would call 'wandi jamane' living older people's time. Gainde, your efforts make you distinquish, some of us like what kondorong would call, 'nkha buka akara, nyene oud kani' (you want akara, but but you are teriified of chilli) action speaks louder.
bravo. by the way, i got waraka, my only problem is that, the barada i use is too big. so the taste get lost in transition.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  17:13:58  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
New video added today. History of the JanneKunda family of Banjul.

Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  18:08:29  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
Thanks again Gainde... you have done well. bring them on.

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2009 :  11:34:31  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Santanfara

This is brillaint Gainde. how can we ever thank you? By the way don't forget, you know what.
i would like to see some serere tradition gainde. any idea on that?

Santa, follow the link below to enjoy some Serere music, culture and more.
www.onegambia.com/folk.php
Go to Top of Page

Santanfara

3460 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2009 :  21:46:36  Show Profile  Visit Santanfara's Homepage Send Santanfara a Private Message
Gainde,i will soon start challenging tamsier on Serere culture. Great. imokende.. i appreciate the response you gave to Jaliba questions, after Ramadan, i get back to you.
thanks

Surah- Ar-Rum 30-22

Go to Top of Page

gainde

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2009 :  15:30:07  Show Profile  Visit gainde's Homepage Send gainde a Private Message
Video on the history of Brikama added today. Another grts production.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06