Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 south africa's next pres
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lurker

509 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  14:00:12  Show Profile Send lurker a Private Message
zuma..
proactive, aggressive, streetwise, user-friendly?
or,
gangster, thug and tactless bully-boy
is south africa going to prosper under him?

Formby

United Kingdom
246 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  21:54:04  Show Profile Send Formby a Private Message
Mbeki made the middle class, Zuma will seek to undo it. Draw the conclusions!
Go to Top of Page

musa pembo

United Kingdom
154 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  17:21:31  Show Profile Send musa pembo a Private Message
Lurker asks the question "Is South Africa going to prosper under him(meaning Jacob Zuma)".
The unfortunate answer is NO.He is going to turn
mighty South Africa into another Banana Republic.I am quite impressed though by the resignation of Mr Mbeki and the action taken by some members of his Cabinet.Mr.Thabo Mbeki has gone one stage further by taking the allegation of his involvement in indicting Jacob Zuma to the Constitutional Court.This can only be good for Democracy.
Fornby is therefore correct in my view that he will Undo the works of Nelson Mandela and Thabo Mbeki.I hope events as they unfold prove us wrong.
The very best of good wishes,
Musa.
Go to Top of Page

njucks

Gambia
1131 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  11:03:11  Show Profile Send njucks a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by musa pembo
........I am quite impressed though by the resignation of Mr Mbeki

Musa,

equally impressive was his loyal membership of the ANC for 52 year. i think he is a very intelligent man. very indeed. i'm not sure what his game plan is, but i suspect he will resign, challenge the judge's ''statements about him'' constitutionally. if this is overturn, then the case against Zuma will be brought up again and he cannot be president next year if he has a case ongiong. the Opposition party i think also wants Zuma tried.

An important thing to note in the Zuma trial is that the case was kicked out because the procedure/legal process was not followed and that there might have been ''political interference''. not because he was found innnocent. if anybody can get the case filed properly he will be tried again.

so in the final analysis i think Mbeki will have the last laugh. i dont think Zuma will be president.

the ANC might drop him too.

Edited by - njucks on 25 Sep 2008 11:07:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06